Did Wilson make any of you nervous late in the game?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Just got back from the game. Wow is all that can be said!

Anyways, with the ball in Wilsons hands late in the game with us down, was anybody at all scared? Like he was going to throw a game clinching INT?

I know I wasn't. At All. Same could not be said about Hasselbeck. No matter how good he was, I was always nervous with Matt late in the game trying to get the lead. Always had a bone headed play in the back of my mind.

I've never been so excited to be a Seahawks fan. This is the beginning of Greatness.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Not nervous at all, I turned to my friend and said "We are scoring a touchdown here". And we did, cause the man is a stud, and I was completely wrong about him.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Wasn't nervous about RW at all. Was doubtful the defense could hold out for as long as they did.

themunn

Reaction score
I was nervous, but only because there are no gimmes in football. I truly believed he was going to score but that didn't stop me from worrying Lynch might fumble or Turbin might bobble the ball straight into Samuel's hands

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I've not been nervous with Wilson under center since the beginning of the season. I was worried for the D tho, and for good reason.

purpleworld

Reaction score
I always feel that some how, some way, he will lead us to a win....and today was no exception....dang D! :(

MrCarey

Reaction score
I was coming in to this thread ready to bitch, because I thought you were nervous about him.

Hell no, dude played with the poise of a veteran. I can't believe what we get to watch for the next 10+ seasons.

OP
OP
Steve2222

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1o3boe4v said:
We are never gonna lose a game because of Wilson, ever again. I truly believe this, Wilson is clutch.

Hahaha maybe if Wilson could play defense too.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I was the opposite of nervous. I expected him to put us in front at the end. I also expected the defense to give up the yards too... but that's for another thread.

No fear at all with Wilson. Best QB we've ever had and destined for greatness.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Nope. Rare and weird feeling for being a Seahawks fan for three decades or so. Surreal. I have never been completely confident in my quarterback's ability to drive down the field for the game-winning touchdown. Until the later part of this season. And Wilson did just that, drove down and scored. Too bad the defense doesn't evoke the same confidence.

ThrowItToJulio

Reaction score
<<<Atlanta fan

The fact that he didn't make a rookie mistake, while on the road in the playoffs, speaks volumes about the kid. Mike Nolan sold out to stop your ground game and dared the kid to beat him through the air. He did an absolutely fantastic job. He should have won the game. Problem is, he was playing against some goofy kid on the other side of the ball that has a penchant for going 50 yards with 20 seconds left, to pull victory from the jaws of defeat.

You guys have a great football team and you seem to have a lot of respectful fans. Honestly though, if the ball doesn't go through the uprights, Russell Wilson is the national headline. It didn't work out that way, but he had nothing to do with that. He did everything he had to do to win the game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":202fjwye said:
Just got back from the game. Wow is all that can be said!

Anyways, with the ball in Wilsons hands late in the game with us down, was anybody at all scared? Like he was going to throw a game clinching INT?

I know I wasn't. At All. Same could not be said about Hasselbeck. No matter how good he was, I was always nervous with Matt late in the game trying to get the lead. Always had a bone headed play in the back of my mind.

I've never been so excited to be a Seahawks fan. This is the beginning of Greatness.
Not "nervous" at all.
I'm praying that we find a dynamic Reciever or two, that can get separation in pinch times, and Wilson will become hell on wheels.
So UN-Hasselbeck like....Down 14 -0 and he makes a come back.
Down 20 -0 and he does it again?,,,The kid is sensational, and all he's going to need is to have a team re-shaped to fit his strong suite.
I'm looking foreward to seeing if Tate, Rice, Miller, and Baldwin come back and continue melding with Wilson.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I was more nervous about the defense making a stop when Wilson got the lead back.

:cry:

mikeak

Reaction score
Steve2222":20nt3ej2 said:
hawksfan515":20nt3ej2 said:
We are never gonna lose a game because of Wilson, ever again. I truly believe this, Wilson is clutch.

Hahaha maybe if Wilson could play defense too.

He is to short to be a defensive player :)

Latest posts