Diggs signs 3 year/40M dollar deal!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very nice to see something positive. Now get DJ Reed and Brown done.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
4m
The #Seahawks have agreed to terms with one of their: Safety Quandre Diggs gets a 3-year deal worth $40M, source said. Seattle retains a key defender.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Good players choosing to stay!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!! LEADER

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That is the EXACT word to describe Diggs. Leader.

I'm stoked, but I'm sure someone will come poo poo it very soon........so be it :mrgreen:
Great job by the front office, they were due, to say the least. Still a ton of work to do.

Rat

Reaction score
Excellent: great player, reasonable contract! Not exactly the kind of deal you make in a "rebuild", which I find encouraging.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Thank goodness, I was afraid of a mass exit with the departure of Russ. I hope this is a continuation of good things to come this season. Ecstatic to be a Seahawks fan!!!!!

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh well, salary cap had a massive jump and will continue to. This is a positive thing. Diggs and Adams make plays, that's what they get paid to do, and that's what they will do in the future. Teams paying good contracts to two safeties isn't something new. It's an extremely important position.

Side note: Al Woods just re-signed too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":jk7fc88l said:
About $30M APY for Adams and Diggs

Good. Safeties are important. I'm sure some Rob Shaton acolytes will be incensed at the idea, though.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Excellent news!

Quandre Diggs is probably the best Free Safety in the NFC, maybe the league.

Wilson trade opened up the checkbook for players that actually want to be here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
massari":3c8va4f7 said:

Adams and Diggs will be a better Safety Duo than Kam and Earl were. Jamal is smaller than Kam but is a superior athlete. Quandre isn't as far as Earl, but it's much smarter and more disciplined, which makes the difference in speed negligible.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think a LOT of people forget how good Adams is. Much of that is just not liking the guy and/or what they gave up to get for him. I'm looking forward to him proving people wrong.
Maybe they'll actually use him correctly in 2022.

massari

Reaction score
So no rebuild, hopefully Deshaun Watson is next. Would feel pretty spoiled going from Russ to Watson.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
ivotuk":2oyufbde said:
massari":2oyufbde said:

Adams and Diggs will be a better Safety Duo than Kam and Earl were. Jamal is smaller than Kam but is a superior athlete. Quandre isn't as far as Earl, but it's much smarter and more disciplined, which makes the difference in speed negligible.
Sorry but you are high. Kam and Earl are HOF type safety’s and we’re on a different level. Digs does not shut down and cover like Earl. And Kam was Kam enough said. Will never be another like him. Adams and diggs are a good combo.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This is good news, with Wagner gone, I was thinking Adams would be the D captain but now I think Diggs could be the guy.

Rat

Reaction score
massari":3bh1te0k said:

That feels like a lot, but Adams being a disappointment so far doesn't mean we shouldn't have signed a great safety who has been fantastic for us.

Chawker

Reaction score
Like a cold night, we pull a warm blanket over our feet. Back end is set, and at a good price to boot. :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
I called this a "must do" deal a few months back. Some folks disagreed. I'm stoked for the back end of our D.

Just an FYI, but Pete likes to build his defenses from back to front, unlike most coaches, for better or worse. :mrgreen:

:snack: