Disappointing Draft

Trrrroy

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":39548b5d said:
theincrediblesok":39548b5d said:
Alot of people were disappointed at the 2012 draft, wonder how that went. We went and addressed the needs, Pass rusher was one, A WR/Returner was one, and I'm pretty sure the next one will be OL. They are trusting Cable to trained up whatever OL we are drafting.
They have relied on Cable to coach up players and has been a failure. He continues to fail. Expecting Cable to become a good OL is a mistake.

If cable gets poo for players then we will be stuck with poo for players.

Cable's teams have been consistently top 5 in rushing offense. There are two sides to line play, and Cable focuses on one more than the other. Unfortunately that leads to more sacks (which is compounded by RW's tendency to hold on the ball longer than he should). That's a choice and Cable gets the results he wants: a team that finished first in rushing.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
hawkfan68":10a8qti6 said:
bjornanderson21":10a8qti6 said:
theincrediblesok":10a8qti6 said:
Alot of people were disappointed at the 2012 draft, wonder how that went. We went and addressed the needs, Pass rusher was one, A WR/Returner was one, and I'm pretty sure the next one will be OL. They are trusting Cable to trained up whatever OL we are drafting.
They have relied on Cable to coach up players and has been a failure. He continues to fail. Expecting Cable to become a good OL is a mistake.

Bingo. Cable really hasn't coached anyone up except for JR Sweezy. I think he got lucky on that one. Sweezy's attitude and desire played a large part of becoming who he is. Cable is a good coach but not a great one. He couldn't coach up Carp, Moffit, Okung, Bailey, Bowie, etc. More players he couldn't coach up than he has.

So Okung and Max weren't because of Cable, what about Alvin Bailey and Lemuel, and even Patrick Lewis was coming into his own. Britt got better as the season went but then again he played for 16 games and was a rookie, 2nd year will be much better for him.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Terrible draft so far. DV scumbag and a no value trade for another small WR. So disappointing

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I love both picks so far. Clark is the DE/LEO pass rusher we badly needed, and Lockett is the speed WR/KR/PR/Gunner we missed terribly all last year. Yes, OL and CB are needs, but if we'd have taken those positions first, people would still be pissing and moaning that we were neglecting DE and WR. Plenty of picks left to go, and we had by far the most in the remaining rounds of the draft than anyone else. This was the perfect opportunity to spend a few more to make the move to get the guy we wanted.

This draft wasn't splashy because we didn't have a pick in essentially the top two rounds. That's what happens when you go to the Super Bowl, and then trade our first pick for one of the top stud TEs in the league.

Through two rounds, we've acquired:

Jimmy Graham, stud TE
Frank Clark, potentially stud DE
Tyler Lockett, potentially flashy speed WR

Not too shabby at all in my book. And we still have a bunch more picks with which to address any holes in OL and CB. We're in good hands, folks.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1qnuxvnw said:

Jimmy Graham, stud TE

Not too shabby at all in my book. And we still have a bunch more picks with which to address any holes in OL and CB. We're in good hands, folks.

Gotta admit that when Jimmy G is added to the mix, things look a lot better.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3h2k52p0 said:
hawkfan68":3h2k52p0 said:
bjornanderson21":3h2k52p0 said:
theincrediblesok":3h2k52p0 said:

Bingo. Cable really hasn't coached anyone up except for JR Sweezy. I think he got lucky on that one. Sweezy's attitude and desire played a large part of becoming who he is. Cable is a good coach but not a great one. He couldn't coach up Carp, Moffit, Okung, Bailey, Bowie, etc. More players he couldn't coach up than he has.

So Okung and Max weren't because of Cable, what about Alvin Bailey and Lemuel, and even Patrick Lewis was coming into his own. Britt got better as the season went but then again he played for 16 games and was a rookie, 2nd year will be much better for him.

Okung was top 10 draft pick (at the time Alex Gibbs was the OL coach) and Unger was drafted under Mora. So they both were pre-Cable picks. Besides JR Sweezy who has shown markedly improvement under Cable? Cable is a good coach but he's not great. I don't believe that Unger and Okung have improved over what they were under Cable.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1navhfcy said:
Okung was top 10 draft pick (at the time Alex Gibbs was the OL coach) and Unger was drafted under Mora. So they both were pre-Cable picks. Besides JR Sweezy who has shown markedly improvement under Cable? Cable is a good coach but he's not great. I don't believe that Unger and Okung have improved over what they were under Cable.

What improvement can be shown when we never have the same o-line 3 games in a row. ZBS relies on every player doing their role and that can't happen with an inconsistent line.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chet380":281ota94 said:
Seahawk Sailor":281ota94 said:

Jimmy Graham, stud TE

It does, and I'm a guy who was pretty down on what we gave up in that trade. I didn't like the first rounder for him at all. But what's done is done, and in retrospect, if we'd have lost Unger to free agency and drafted Jimmy Graham with our first round pick, we'd have all been ecstatic about this draft.

Face it, we were hurting at both pass rusher and returner last year. We were at a couple of other positions too, but we still have time and picks to address those positions.

When it's all said and done, this draft already has the potential to be a great one for us.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2373ipyt said:
chet380":2373ipyt said:
Seahawk Sailor":2373ipyt said:

Jimmy Graham, stud TE

It does, and I'm a guy who was pretty down on what we gave up in that trade. I didn't like the first rounder for him at all. But what's done is done, and in retrospect, if we'd have lost Unger to free agency and drafted Jimmy Graham with our first round pick, we'd have all been ecstatic about this draft.

Face it, we were hurting at both pass rusher and returner last year. We were at a couple of other positions too, but we still have time and picks to address those positions.

When it's all said and done, this draft already has the potential to be a great one for us.
It doesn't help that our CB's keep getting poached. it would be nice to have a solid starter opposite Sherman for more than a minute.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Our offense is going to be ridiculous next year.

I personally cannot wait.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TIME TO PANIC!!!!

But really, solid picks.

As for the ignorant comment on Frank Clark, go listen to his interview and stop judging a book by its cover, people make mistakes.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
In what universe is getting a good pass rusher a bad thing?

Don't forget there's 704 staters in this league each week, and only 64 first and second round picks every year...

razor150

Reaction score
My complaint is not the players but the priority. I am sure they will do fine. For our major needs neither player really fills them. Sure depth at DE and a Returner is a need, but not over a true outside receiver or talent along the offensive line.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chet380":29tiq20i said:
A reach for Clark while ignoring OL and CB needs.

Lockett as a PR is OK -- BUT GIVING UP 4 PICKS??!!

Next picks at #130 and #134 :cry:
It was three picks all low. What, you actually think eleven rookies are making this team? And didn't you see the utter disaster that our KR/PR game, and by estesion our ENTIRE special teams were last year? It was a major factor that nobody talks about that lost us a chance to go back to back.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":s5ql8exx said:
TIME TO PANIC!!!!

But really, solid picks.

As for the ignorant comment on Frank Clark, go listen to his interview and stop judging a book by its cover, people make mistakes.
I love him. He has a SERIOUS chip on his shoulder and like AbsolutNET mentioned....in what universe is getting an elite edge pass rusher a bad thing?

Think about who our rivals for the division are...only San Francisco has a mobile quarterback.

Tical21

Reaction score
Is Clark really a pass-rusher? With 4 sacks on the year? Are they maybe factoring him to play inside during nickel situations?

I don't get the small receiver thing either.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
razor150":gprx7pgq said:
My complaint is not the players but the priority. I am sure they will do fine. For our major needs neither player really fills them. Sure depth at DE and a Returner is a need, but not over a true outside receiver or talent along the offensive line.
PR/KR was a MAJOR need. Developing his receiving skills is just a plus. Our return game was horrible last season..We filled a need there with the best graded returner in the draft. Great pick.

Seahawk4lyfe

Reaction score
It's been set out, that Pete and js can and will find cb's in the later rounds. Lockette basically fills the tate void we missed last year. If he can flourish know the NFL. And we do need a pass rush. Ol will be a project but losing 3 of our 123456798 picks this year is a no brainer.

Our team is primed for the now. And tbh I think it's also built to last. It's gonna be great to be a great to be a hawks fan for a while.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Mike 4G":nyuwndbw said:
titan3131":nyuwndbw said:
feel free to leave the bandwagon. OL in the 2,3rd is stupid and terrible value
who are you talking to? Bandwagon because I think our OL is terrible and we are thin at CB? I don't mind we got one of those picks, but I think we need more help in other positions.

The only CB I would have taken in the 2nd went one pick before us.

I'd expect we get 2-3 OL, and a corner. Ifo is still sitting there, if he's around at 5, he would be a great pick. A top 20 talent, who dropped because he tore his ACL.