Disappointing Draft

mikeak

Reaction score
titan3131":2hhq90z9 said:
This forum draft area is full of people who havent even looked in this section until today.

The fans who know what they are talking about CALLED THESE PICKS! Rob, kearly off the top of m head love these picks.
Get off your high horse, he made a mistake. He is on our team, if you dont like it fine. but we will win more and be more dominant because we again have a GREAT LEO.

OBS was below average and we lost the SB because of it.

1) Look above and please tell me what part of the forum we are in. It isn't the draft forum

2) Don't tell me to get off my high horse. I have an opinion. I respect yours and expect respect and a civil conversation regardless on if we agree or not. If you are a person that spends all this time on this board then you should know and understand that.

3) I love the Lockett pick. We desperately needed return yards and his routes are great. Graham will open up a ton for him and Richardsson and I still think Norwood may be a good receiver

titan3131

Reaction score
touche I thought I was in draft forum lol.

Im just fired up because i see so much whining about a LEO being taken.

people saying our D is fine. Were the best. ect ect

We compete thats what we do.

not to mention players dont live forever.

razor150

Reaction score
titan3131":2sr7fdip said:
its aggravating and frustrating to see people who didnt follow the draft come in here CRY AND MOAN when they really dont know anything about what the team needs outside of:

"Tharold suks! Unger gone! Carp gone!"

So draft needs are CB + OLINE MMMKAY

Wrong.

Oh boohoo. Everybody knows what the team needs, but we have different opinions on what is the most important. Posting in the draft forum doesn't give you special insight into what the team needs, the only thing you might have more insight on is the players drafted. That is all, and nobody here is saying the players we drafted are going to suck, just that they would have preferred something else. I believe WR and Oline are the most important positions of need right now. Outside of RB we have needs, mostly depth, everywhere, but we need to shore up the offense first. That is my opinion, if you don't like it, tough.

It is tiring listening to people on this site thinking they are so much smarter then others. The sense of superiority some people have on this forum is sickening. If you don't like someone's opinion I've got a little bit of advice for you, get over it, and most of all get over yourself. It is sad that people have to apologize for not drinking the koolaid and having their own opinions.

edit:
titan3131":2sr7fdip said:
touche I thought I was in draft forum lol.

Im just fired up because i see so much whining about a LEO being taken.

people saying our D is fine. Were the best. ect ect

We compete thats what we do.

not to mention players dont live forever.

The D is fine. Could it use more depth? Sure, and not just at DE. Our offense is broken, and it's piss poor performance throughout the post season wasn't because of injuries. Unlike the defense in the Super Bowl, it was relatively healthy.

kearly

Reaction score
This is how I felt the weekend of the draft in the PC/JS era.

2010: A+. They killed it.
2011: C-. Full of "who!" picks. (Obviously, I was very wrong on this one)
2012: A+++++. Loved Wilson pick to death. Loved the Irvin pick. Thought Wagner would be a very good player. Liked Turbin a lot. Liked Lane.
2013: C+ Michael was exciting, and Hill was under-rated. Hated the rest of that draft. Liked UDFA though.
2014: C-. Only pick I liked at the time was Norwood. In retrospect, I like Richardson though I worry about durability.

So far, I'd give the 2015 draft a solid A. I'd much rather have Graham than DGB. Clark is a very exciting player with pro-bowl upside. Lockett feels like getting Brandin Cooks in the 3rd round. Really exciting draft so far. Seattle is stockpiling future stars rather than filling holes. That's fine by me.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
razor150":2u77lfrv said:
The D is fine. Could it use more depth? Sure, and not just at DE. Our offense is broken, and it's piss poor performance throughout the post season wasn't because of injuries. Unlike the defense in the Super Bowl, it was relatively healthy.
:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Our offense is broken?! BWAHAHAHAHA Ok...I guess a top 10 offense that also happens to rank #1 in rushing is "broken"

Seriously, where do you people come from?!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kearly":23d22ieq said:
This is how I felt the weekend of the draft in the PC/JS era.

2010: A+. They killed it.
2011: C-. Full of "who!" picks. (Obviously, I was very wrong on this one)
2012: A+++++. Loved Wilson pick to death. Loved the Irvin pick. Thought Wagner would be a very good player. Liked Turbin a lot. Liked Lane.
2013: C+ Michael was exciting, and Hill was under-rated. Hated the rest of that draft. Liked UDFA though.
2014: C-. Only pick I liked at the time was Norwood. Again, liked UDFA.

So far, I'd give the 2015 draft a solid A. I'd much rather have Graham than DGB. Clark is a very exciting player with pro-bowl upside. Lockett feels like getting Brandin Cooks in the 3rd round. Really exciting draft so far. Seattle is stockpiling future stars rather than filling holes. That's fine by me.
I still think the 2013 and 2014 will give us very solid contributors if nothing else.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nothing wrong about having your own opinions but it's almost a tradition at .Net to go all doom and gloom when we don't both draft OL high or get them with every pick we have.

Yet at the same time everyone knows it's pure fact that this regime drafts for extreme value concerning the OL. Because we purposely try to save money concerning that position group and count on our ability to coach them up like we do with the linebackers and secondary.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":30zns4au said:
razor150":30zns4au said:

Our offense is broken?! BWAHAHAHAHA Ok...I guess a top 10 offense that also happens to rank #1 in rushing is "broken"

Only speaking for myself. I get concerned our luck will run out on Wilson staying healthy. He has been sacked 86 times and knocked down countless others over the last two years. I agree, you can never have too many pass rushers, but I also want to see Wilson stay upright more.

titan3131

Reaction score
when you take away his self inflicted sacks how bad is it>

for example he was "sacked" 7-8 times at home vs Az this year.

Half were his own fault...

Mike 4G

Reaction score
titan3131":pwkz5m35 said:
when you take away his self inflicted sack how bad is it>
That's a good question. Not sure how to get those numbers without watching each one and making a subjective call on it. Would Also need to get numbers for all the knock downs and apply the same process.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Didn't know anything about Clark til this morning so I'll reserve all judgment, but I LOVE the Lockett pick. Saw him in a few games and have wanted him ever since, same way I did with Golden Tate years ago. Obviously sounds like a lot of picks to give up, but as people have said, 11 guys weren't going to make this team. If they were pretty sure Lockett was coming off the board soon I'm glad they made the move to go get him.

Fade

Reaction score
1st for Graham A grade
2nd For Clark A or F high risk high reward
3rd 4th 5th 6th for Lockett a Kick Returner. Doug Baldwin esque slot receiver. that is the head scratcher for me. Stefan Diggs is still available and can give you all the kick and punt returning you need, and you don't need to spend 4 picks on him.

Lets put it this way would you rather have Tyler Lockett or 3rd round OL, +Stefon Diggs, +5th round DB, +6th round OL plus keep your other 6 picks.

but I digress the Fanbois don't want to have discussion. The Seahawks never make mistakes.

Lets pretend their last 2 drafts didn't happen, and this draft is going swimmingly.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I really feel like I usually would be the one to start a thread like this, but really, I have no idea how I feel about this draft yet. Lockett seems interesting, although I too was someone that wanted a bigger WR, but the Hawks never seem to take players I like so there's that. Secondly, I really don't have much of an opinion on Clark, play style wise, because I didn't research him much. However, I do not like reading about the troubles he has had, I can only hope he has turned the corner and becomes a much better person as a result.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
I love the fact that we got depth on the D-line and a (hopefully more than) viable return man - even if he doesn't crack the rotation ...

the O-line will be addressed tomorrow (hard enough to evaluate in any draft at any pick) - I like it so far!!!

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Mike 4G":1ytdngr2 said:
Hawkfan77":1ytdngr2 said:
razor150":1ytdngr2 said:

Only speaking for myself. I get concerned our luck will run out on Wilson staying healthy. He has been sacked 86 times and knocked down countless others over the last two years. I agree, you can never have too many pass rushers, but I also want to see Wilson stay upright more.

Drafting O-line is a crap shoot in any draft... Plenty of mid to late round draft picks turn into pro bowlers / HOFers...

I'd rather JS/PC stay true to their board than reach for a Spencer / Carpenter / Moffitt...

Not to mention the disparity between drafted players and players that crack the roster from the practice squad (on this roster, if we want to be salty about giving up picks).

Rob12

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin was a reach. Lofa Tatupu was a reach. Russell Wilson is short, and he was a reach as well.

What have we learned since? All three of the players above wouldn't have made it to the Seahawks next pick. They were guys that the team desperately wanted, and they took them when they had the chance.

And people will still call Frank Clark a reach, despite the fact that JS has already said that teams told him they were going to take Clark soon after he did.

The trade chart shows that what the Seahawks gave up to get Lockett was more than fair - actually, it was a good deal. Lockett measures up quite well with guys like Randall Cobb and Antonio Brown. I'm not saying he'll be that type of player, but I believe his ceiling is that high. He was the best KR/PR in the college game and his receiving numbers were fantastic (better than Dorsett's, who went No. 29 to the Colts).

Haven't we learned around here yet not to judge drafts until at least a couple years? This team does things differently. Have we not learned to not get hung up on height?

Sometimes this place can be quite embarrassing.

Rob12

Reaction score
SuperFreak":1t64m4lu said:
HawksSoc":1t64m4lu said:
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 7m7 minutes ago
TRADE!
Seahawks get #Pick69 (R3)...
Redskins get:
#Pick95 (R3)
#Pick112 (R4)
#Pick167 (R5)
#Pick181 (R6)

#SeahawksDraft #NFLDraft

That's four picks. I don't dislike the players we are getting but I think JS caved and gave up too much capital.

Are you familiar with how the trade chart works?

It wasn't "too much capital."

Rob12

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1pst0d5m said:
theincrediblesok":1pst0d5m said:
Alot of people were disappointed at the 2012 draft, wonder how that went. We went and addressed the needs, Pass rusher was one, A WR/Returner was one, and I'm pretty sure the next one will be OL. They are trusting Cable to trained up whatever OL we are drafting.
They have relied on Cable to coach up players and has been a failure. He continues to fail. Expecting Cable to become a good OL is a mistake.

If cable gets poo for players then we will be stuck with poo for players.

No. 3 rushing offense of all time last year. But I'm sure Cable had nothing at all to do with that.

You seem to not understand what this team values in its offensive line.

Pass protection could be much better. I'm on board with that. But some of that falls on Russ. He's admitted as much and knows he needs to get the ball out quicker.

You saying Cable has failed is nuts.