Disappointing Draft

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tical21":2ryjz2sk said:
Is Clark really a pass-rusher? With 4 sacks on the year? Are they maybe factoring him to play inside during nickel situations?

I don't get the small receiver thing either.

His Tackle For Lost is pretty damn good so maybe play inside like you suggested

mikeak

Reaction score
I am disappointed that we drafted a guy that beats women

Hope he screws up and gets arrested for something stupid

Bryan

Reaction score
Someone in this thread said Cable has been a failure. Like someone typed that and defended it. "Yeah"...

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":3pfp8k7g said:

I guess you were there when it happened and know all the details, we will all trust your insight into this, tell us what really happened please since we like to have the facts before we execute people that beat women or are to stupid to exist.

mikeak

Reaction score
chris98251":uyj3vn4h said:
mikeak":uyj3vn4h said:

I guess you were there when it happened and know all the details, we will all trust your insight into this, tell us what really happened please since we like to have the facts before we execute people that beat women or are to stupid to exist.

1) So your expertise tells you he did nothing?

2) She was bloodied

3) Her 15 year old brother said he grabbed her throat and threw her on the floor

4) He was kicked off a Michigan team that needed him

What I do KNOW is that there was enough smoke to not give him the benefit of a doubt. Also theft is 100% confirmed.

Interview w Condotta and all he will say is I put myself in a bad position.... Yeah drunk beating his gf

razor150

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2dvlfxc0 said:
razor150":2dvlfxc0 said:
My complaint is not the players but the priority. I am sure they will do fine. For our major needs neither player really fills them. Sure depth at DE and a Returner is a need, but not over a true outside receiver or talent along the offensive line.
PR/KR was a MAJOR need. Developing his receiving skills is just a plus. Our return game was horrible last season..We filled a need there with the best graded returner in the draft. Great pick.

I wouldn't call it a major need, but that is just my opinion. Sure it is nice to be able to get more then a fair catch, but for what we paid for the pick I don't like the value. As a receiver he is a slot receiver, like Baldwin. Of our locks at receiver one starts the year on the pup list (Richardson), 2 slot receivers (Baldwin, Lockett), and 1 erratic outside (Kearse). The rest, Norwood is a question where he fits, Mathews may have potential, may not, and Lockette will never be an NFL receiver.

chris98251

Reaction score
1) So your expertise tells you he did nothing?

2) She was bloodied

3) Her 15 year old brother said he grabbed her throat and threw her on the floor

4) He was kicked off a Michigan team that needed him

What I do KNOW is that there was enough smoke to not give him the benefit of a doubt. Also theft is 100% confirmed.

Interview w Condotta and all he will say is I put myself in a bad position.... Yeah drunk beating his gf

Bad position, is one thing, where is the girls transcript, Seems that Cam Newton had a incident also and he has been running rampant all of the Carolinas committing crimes, Marcus Peters was also kicked off the team but for being in a bad position at the wrong time isn't a bad kid.

Smoke is one thing, it would raise my interest to probe deeper and get the truth, which this front office did.

I trust everyone that is holding a rope and wanting to stretch his neck at the gallows knows more then they do.

This isn't Jeremy Stevens.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ Yes Cam is a dirtbag. He was caught for theft, his dad tried to extort money for his commitment and he left UF so that he wouldn't get suspended which would have damaged his career BUT he didn't beat someone.

We disagree on how to handle these things. Second round is not how I like to see these things come out. Hopefully he never lays hands on a woman regardless if that would be again / the first time

titan3131

Reaction score
This forum draft area is full of people who havent even looked in this section until today.

The fans who know what they are talking about CALLED THESE PICKS! Rob, kearly off the top of m head love these picks.
Get off your high horse, he made a mistake. He is on our team, if you dont like it fine. but we will win more and be more dominant because we again have a GREAT LEO.

OBS was below average and we lost the SB because of it.

kf3339

Reaction score
Trrrroy":ll055mad said:
SuperFreak":ll055mad said:
HawksSoc":ll055mad said:
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 7m7 minutes ago
TRADE!
Seahawks get #Pick69 (R3)...
Redskins get:
#Pick95 (R3)
#Pick112 (R4)
#Pick167 (R5)
#Pick181 (R6)

#SeahawksDraft #NFLDraft

That's four picks. I don't dislike the players we are getting but I think JS caved and gave up too much capital.

I think more likely Schnieder had Lockett targeted all draft process and did what it took to get him. They had a TON of picks. If they kept them all half of them end up getting cut. This is a team that has very few holes. This isn't 2009. They don't need quantity anymore.

:13:

There are some on this board that just don't seem to get the point that this team doesn't have many holes. 11 rookie picks were never going to make the team this year. Anyone who thinks different just doesn't know this team at all.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hahahahaha typical thread and typical responses after night 2. So many want to act like the draft is over and that the Seahawks are ran by morons because they didn't draft who fans think are needs.

Same story, same complainers, new year

Mike 4G

Reaction score
titan3131":2hg6h2ms said:
This forum draft area is full of people who havent even looked in this section until today.

The fans who know what they are talking about CALLED THESE PICKS! Rob, kearly off the top of m head love these picks.
Get off your high horse, he made a mistake. He is on our team, if you dont like it fine. but we will win more and be more dominant because we again have a GREAT LEO.

Why can't people have a difference of opinion without being labeled bandwagoners or noobs. I personally think we could have waited on o PR/KR. I am more concerned with Maxwell gone and Lane, Simon, ET, Kam and Sherman starting the season banged up. More picks allows more opportunities to hit on another quality starter or two. Just my opinion. But I only started watching the Seahawks 30+ years ago, so I m new to this.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3dh4h9ym said:
titan3131":3dh4h9ym said:

Why can't people have a difference of opinion without being labeled bandwagoners or noobs. I personally think we could have waited on o PR/KR. I am more concerned with Maxwell gone and Lane, Simon, ET, Kam and Sherman starting the season banged up. More picks allows more opportunities to hit on another quality starter or two. Just my opinion. But I only started watching the Seahawks 30+ years ago, so I m new to this.
Hey guess what? The draft isn't over!! But since you've been watching for 30 years you should that, right?

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":28gww244 said:
Mike 4G":28gww244 said:
titan3131":28gww244 said:

Hey guess what? The draft isn't over!! But since you've been watching for 30 years you should that, right?
Yes, I understand that. I just don't think there is a need to be hostile or name call people who have a different opinion. Some people love the picks, some hate them some wanted to go a different direction. There is nothing wrong with that. Just opinions of people passionate about their team.

titan3131

Reaction score
Mike 4G":rp4btege said:
titan3131":rp4btege said:

Lockett runs the best routes of any wr in this draft. Thats specifically the hardest thing for rookies to master. I would have thought that they drafted in the opposite order but they know that THE ELITE defense of the league is priority #1.

Lockett is also the best kr/pr in the draft so we essentially double dipped @ the position.

Fan for 30+ years? thats cool but let this youngin drop some knowledge: We have never drafted a center, we have never dafted a db before rd 4.

And the secondary will be missing lane and everyone else will be healthy.

Oline - guess what we have had with high pcks on oline with cable... Moffitt bust, carp bust. the draft science tells us the value of Oline past the initial elite linemen is very low. And then it spikes back up in later rounds.

Leo

Again our leo mold is specific and the players that are similar in measurables to Clark are pro bowlers.

from zach whitman field gulls

"From an analytics perspective, Clark ticks every possible box. He ranks fifth in the 2015 EDGE class in SPARQ, and 3rd among 4-3 end types. Clark combines 4.64 speed with an outrageous 4.05 short shuttle and 38.5" vertical. He's also not yet 22 years old.

It's not just the athleticism, either. The 83-7/8" wingspan and 34-3/8" arm length both ranked 3rd among all Edge players invited to the 2015 NFL Combine. It's a combination of length and athleticism that's incredibly rare; dating back to 1999, the only edge players with greater length and the athleticism of Clark are Manny Lawson, Justin Houston, and Michael Johnson... and DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams only miss the cut into that club by a few ticks of arm length.

Clark's player comparisons are, frankly, ridiculous."

Frankclark0
"I don't typically post comps below 80, but the idea is to show just how rare and successful this kind of player is. In the interest of disclosure, I did limit this to Day 1 and 2 picks, weeding out 5th- and 7th-round picks. Players with this length and athleticism are stars."

titan3131

Reaction score
Mike 4G":169gdqns said:
Hawkfan77":169gdqns said:
Mike 4G":169gdqns said:
titan3131":169gdqns said:

Yes, I understand that. I just don't think there is a need to be hostile or name call people who have a different opinion. Some people love the picks, some hate them some wanted to go a different direction. There is nothing wrong with that. Just opinions of people passionate about their team.

its aggravating and frustrating to see people who didnt follow the draft come in here CRY AND MOAN when they really dont know anything about what the team needs outside of:

"Tharold suks! Unger gone! Carp gone!"

So draft needs are CB + OLINE MMMKAY

Wrong.

razor150

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":28hv9atk said:
MizzouHawkGal":28hv9atk said:
It was three picks all low. What, you actually think eleven rookies are making this team? And didn't you see the utter disaster that our KR/PR game, and by estesion our ENTIRE special teams were last year? It was a major factor that nobody talks about that lost us a chance to go back to back.

In Superbowl 49 the ball was kicked to the Seahawks 9 times.
We had a total of 3 return yards... we were losing field position all game long and giving Brady a short field against our beat up defense.

In Superbowl 49 the ball was kicked to the Seahawks 5 times.
We had 107 return yards and 1 TD which was the score that took their heart away and iced the Superbowl.

Just saying.

My biggest concern is how bad our offense was, and how few yards it had, until Mathews unexpectedly went off and almost single-handedly got us back in the game.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
mikeak":3kzvzcly said:

Wait... you hope our second round is a total bust for off-the-field issues? Wow. I'd personally hope he's learned his lesson from a really dumb reaction to being jumped and bitten by a woman, and learn that he should not put himself in that position again nor should he react the same way. But hey, that's just me; I just want to see the Seahawks get everything they can out of their draft picks, and want to see Seahawks players learn from any previous mistakes and be better people in the future.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
titan3131":v6185bxr said:
Mike 4G":v6185bxr said:
titan3131":v6185bxr said:

Lockett runs the best routes of any wr in this draft. Thats specifically the hardest thing for rookies to master. I would have thought that they drafted in the opposite order but they know that THE ELITE defense of the league is priority #1.

Lockett is also the best kr/pr in the draft so we essentially double dipped @ the position.

Fan for 30+ years? thats cool but let this youngin drop some knowledge: We have never drafted a center, we have never dafted a db before rd 4.

And the secondary will be missing lane and everyone else will be healthy.

Oline - guess what we have had with high pcks on oline with cable... Moffitt bust, carp bust. the draft science tells us the value of Oline past the initial elite linemen is very low. And then it spikes back up in later rounds.

Leo

Again our leo mold is specific and the players that are similar in measurables to Clark are pro bowlers.

from zach whitman field gulls

"From an analytics perspective, Clark ticks every possible box. He ranks fifth in the 2015 EDGE class in SPARQ, and 3rd among 4-3 end types. Clark combines 4.64 speed with an outrageous 4.05 short shuttle and 38.5" vertical. He's also not yet 22 years old.

It's not just the athleticism, either. The 83-7/8" wingspan and 34-3/8" arm length both ranked 3rd among all Edge players invited to the 2015 NFL Combine. It's a combination of length and athleticism that's incredibly rare; dating back to 1999, the only edge players with greater length and the athleticism of Clark are Manny Lawson, Justin Houston, and Michael Johnson... and DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams only miss the cut into that club by a few ticks of arm length.

Clark's player comparisons are, frankly, ridiculous."

Frankclark0
"I don't typically post comps below 80, but the idea is to show just how rare and successful this kind of player is. In the interest of disclosure, I did limit this to Day 1 and 2 picks, weeding out 5th- and 7th-round picks. Players with this length and athleticism are stars."

Since you didn't say it, I assume you are referring to only under PC? Because we have drafted both a center and DB's before round 4. Again, I don't understand why you take a difference of an opinion so personally?