Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bd6deef5b3e774f4a36c79c7c1911b2a.jpg

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Maybe you should ban yourself.

Or maybe explain why we should move on from Russell once again.

pehawk

Reaction score
We really need to dogpile on people for opposing viewpoints and thoughts? The theory isn't crazy, when stated without availability to twitter and hindsight. I dont mind Tical's alternate approach to the Wilson signing either. Do we want to be like Fox News viewers? Only digesting opinions we 100% agree with?

I've seen dudes get banned for saying Aaron Curry was a bad draft pick. That the draft pick named Russell Wilson would be better than Hass. And a poster nearly banned for saying Percy would be a cancer.

Just saying...

I'm not giving any credence to what Tical is saying here, with the luxury of hindsight it's inaccurate. But this dogpiling on any viewpoints outside the norm is LAME.

kearly

Reaction score
As much as I like this kind of "investigative" thinking, Lynch clearly looked ill to me. Dark, sunken eyes, constant attention from trainers.... and when he first entered the game he did not look like the Lynch we know. He looked slow and hesitant.

And then at some point in the 3rd quarter, he led off a drive with a nice 10 run that showed spark, and you knew instantly that he was back in the game physically.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":3qb32box said:
We really need to dogpile on people for opposing viewpoints and thoughts? The theory isn't crazy if its stated without availability to twitter and hindsight. I dont mind Tical's alternate approach to the Wilson signing either. Do we want to be like Fox News viewers and only digest opinions we 100% agree with, exclusively?

I've seen dudes get banned for saying Aaron Curry was a bad draft pick. That the draft pick named Russell Wilson would be better than Hass. And a poster nearly banned for saying Percy would be a cancer.

Just saying...

I'm not giving any credence to what Tical is saying here, with the luxury of hindsight it's inaccurate. But this dogpiling on any viewpoints outside the norm is LAME.
You're right except he has been trolling the last couple of days which is very uncharacteristic of him. Plus he floated this in chat as well from what I saw up above and by the time he posted this thread I'm guessing the theory had been shot down reasonably.

As for his views on not keeping Wilson, they've been laid out reasonably and logically. No beef with that from me other than total disagreement.

byau

Reaction score
How about the "bullfighter" strategy?

Bullfighters that come in last to slay the bull don't do any of the work. It's many of the earlier assistants that wound the bull and tire out the bull so by the time the Bullfighter comes in, it's more ceremonial than anything

Don't read into it that I mean to say Lynch is ceremonial, but what about a strategy of using a good (not great) committee of Michaels and Turbin to share the carries to start out with. One usually runs downhill fast, the other is athletic and jump cuts.

You tire out the D a little bit. And they get used to a certain rhythm

And then you bring in Marshawn who is above and beyond the other two and can terrorize a softened up D

:D

Yeah okay seriously not a good idea. ... let Marshawn run them down from the start.

But that's what I was seriously thinking about as the game unfolded .

OLE!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Marshawn couldn't come out for the first quarter because he was busy giving it to Ashton.

...if we're doling out theories.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
If we're starting conspiracy theories, let's go big. Some Cardinal henchman clearly spiked Marshawn's lunch with syrup of ipecac or polonium-210 or something.

bigwrm

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":4yylwgkn said:
I think he was faking being sick so Turbo and Michaels could get some carries.

Justin Forsett mentioned recently how he was grateful because Marshawn would sometimes take himself out of the game for "rest" while they were at Cal so that Forsett could get some game action. Obviously that's not what happened here, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear if he did that occasionally for Turbin and CMike, who he seems to be pretty tight with.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3r5x36l8 said:
So just when ever has Pete Carroll disciplined anyone?

Thanks for asking.
He traded harvin to the jets. That had to feel like a spanking.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":781m7qtz said:
Incorrect Tical. You've been trolling a lot the last few days. Out of character for you. What gives?
If you're referring to the posts about the Wright and Avril signings signifying the end of Russell, I was just joking. Besides that, I really haven't been posting much lately.

As far as Lynch, when the guy started the thread about it, there was about 5 minutes left in the first quarter. I quickly dismissed it as well, like Yeeeahhhh Righhhht. But then I thought to myself, "let's see if he goes in for the first play of the second quarter." Sure enough, with about a minute and a half left in the quarter, he puts on his helmet. When the second quarter starts, he's next to the coaches. He doesn't go in the first play, but he goes in the second. Sickness or not, there was clearly a plan for him to not take the field in the first quarter, but he was also clearly under the impression that he was going in at the beginning of the second quarter.

There are two possible reasons for this.

1. They decided at some point between training staff, coaching staff and player, that they would write him off for the first quarter and see how he felt, and re-assess at the end of the quarter. I don't tend to buy this though. I think it would have been more of a "let me know when you're ready to go in the game" conversation. In this scenario, knowing the warrior that Marshawn is, I would bet he would have been in the game sooner.

2. He was suspended for a quarter for something.

You guys don't see anything curious about the timing of everything?

What was the other game he didn't start? Was that also the same game that he stayed out of the locker room at half? Was he perhaps disciplined for that game? Was that offense a "you're not going to be able to start this game" type of offense? Then he gets pissed and doesn't join the team at half? Now it has escalated a bit to sitting out a quarter? But Pete keeps it all in-house and they just choose to blame an illness??

Would Cable not play along with that? Heck, he might have been in on the whole thing.

After he scored, rather than sitting on the bench, he came up near the coaches and did that scariest man on the planet glare. Was there perhaps any other meaning behind that?

I dunno guys, I think the other poster was right. As soon as I saw him go in right after the end of the first quarter, I was like "well I'll damned."

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1gzsmijw said:
So just when ever has Pete Carroll disciplined anyone?

Thanks for asking.
Maybe he has a way of keeping this stuff in house. From now on we need to question every injury that comes up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts