Discipline or upset stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tical21":nj955t4e said:
Tech Worlds":nj955t4e said:
So just when ever has Pete Carroll disciplined anyone?

Thanks for asking.
Maybe he has a way of keeping this stuff in house. From now on we need to question every injury that comes up!
Zack Miller must have really messed up.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":177e5b13 said:
Tical21":177e5b13 said:
Tech Worlds":177e5b13 said:
So just when ever has Pete Carroll disciplined anyone?

Thanks for asking.
Maybe he has a way of keeping this stuff in house. From now on we need to question every injury that comes up!
Zack Miller must have really messed up.
I just got snotty milk all over my new jacket.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Tical21":3c9djmle said:
hawksfansinceday1":3c9djmle said:
Incorrect Tical. You've been trolling a lot the last few days. Out of character for you. What gives?
If you're referring to the posts about the Wright and Avril signings signifying the end of Russell, I was just joking. Besides that, I really haven't been posting much lately.

As far as Lynch, when the guy started the thread about it, there was about 5 minutes left in the first quarter. I quickly dismissed it as well, like Yeeeahhhh Righhhht. But then I thought to myself, "let's see if he goes in for the first play of the second quarter." Sure enough, with about a minute and a half left in the quarter, he puts on his helmet. When the second quarter starts, he's next to the coaches. He doesn't go in the first play, but he goes in the second. Sickness or not, there was clearly a plan for him to not take the field in the first quarter, but he was also clearly under the impression that he was going in at the beginning of the second quarter.

There are two possible reasons for this.

1. They decided at some point between training staff, coaching staff and player, that they would write him off for the first quarter and see how he felt, and re-assess at the end of the quarter. I don't tend to buy this though. I think it would have been more of a "let me know when you're ready to go in the game" conversation. In this scenario, knowing the warrior that Marshawn is, I would bet he would have been in the game sooner.

2. He was suspended for a quarter for something.

You guys don't see anything curious about the timing of everything?

What was the other game he didn't start? Was that also the same game that he stayed out of the locker room at half? Was he perhaps disciplined for that game? Was that offense a "you're not going to be able to start this game" type of offense? Then he gets pissed and doesn't join the team at half? Now it has escalated a bit to sitting out a quarter? But Pete keeps it all in-house and they just choose to blame an illness??

Would Cable not play along with that? Heck, he might have been in on the whole thing.

After he scored, rather than sitting on the bench, he came up near the coaches and did that scariest man on the planet glare. Was there perhaps any other meaning behind that?

I dunno guys, I think the other poster was right. As soon as I saw him go in right after the end of the first quarter, I was like "well I'll damned."

You're annoying

bigwrm

Reaction score
Not sure why people are being so hostile just because someone put out a theory they disagree with? This kind of attitude only serves to stifle discussion.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wow, Tical is getting more action than any of the threads about the game. There was a game.... Right? Doughty

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I'm sorry to those who want to live in absolutest lollipop dream boat land. But I think this is a valid question. I'm not saying I think it's one way or the other. But it's worth asking yourself. Shame to those on here who are incapable of disagreeing with others without attacking them for thinking differently.

Here's why I entertain the thought.

First of all. Lynch pretty much sat out the 1st qtr today. Was rough the entire time. They kept showing him on the sideline getting massages and eating Skittles. Then when qtr 2 stars, boom, he's good to go. Not hard to buy into a "was benched for a qtr" theory, if you're so inclined.

The main reason I can understand the theory though is not just today's game, but a sum of the season in total.

Lynch also sat out the first possession of the MNF game vs Washington. At the time it was claimed that his back was bugging him. During the first Hawks drive, he was seen riding a bike on the sideline. He came in shortly after. Everything was great the rest of the game.

Then you have the odd deal of him staying on the sideline and not going to the locker room during halftime of the KC game. The team claimed it was because he didn't want his back to warm up or something of the sort. Maybe there was truth to it, I dunno. All I know was it was odd.

Any of these situations on their own, I'd be more than willing to believe the team. But in concert and as they pile up, they start to look funky. There's already been reports of Lynch being upset with the team. Heck, he held out in training camp. If you listen to his best bud, Michael Robinson, he doesn't exactly paint a rosey picture. Today after Lynch's td, he tweeted, "Enjoy it while you can." So if you are operating within the context that there's something a bit off between the team and Marshawn, is it really that out of the realm of possibilities that he was doing something to get punished by the team? This is a dude that won't talk to the media and clearly does things on his own terms. Who is to say he's not taking a similar approach to the team and team policy?

One last point. This is the organization who kept all of last year's Percy Harvin drama entirely in house up til the day he was traded. If they can keep Harvin body-slamming Golden Tate and nearly breaking his neck the night before the Super Bowl under wraps, I think they have it in them to cover up Lynch being benched for violating team rules, and passing it off as him having a bad back or being sick.

All of that said, I'm not saying this is clearly the case. It all could be true, and just a bunch of funky coincidences. But to outright dismiss the possibility of there being something more than meets the eye, that is entirely foolish, IMO.

Go Hawks.

shawnsim

Reaction score
byau":2n9dh44l said:
How about the "bullfighter" strategy?

Bullfighters that come in last to slay the bull don't do any of the work. It's many of the earlier assistants that wound the bull and tire out the bull so by the time the Bullfighter comes in, it's more ceremonial than anything

Don't read into it that I mean to say Lynch is ceremonial, but what about a strategy of using a good (not great) committee of Michaels and Turbin to share the carries to start out with. One usually runs downhill fast, the other is athletic and jump cuts.

You tire out the D a little bit. And they get used to a certain rhythm

And then you bring in Marshawn who is above and beyond the other two and can terrorize a softened up D

:D

Yeah okay seriously not a good idea. ... let Marshawn run them down from the start.

But that's what I was seriously thinking about as the game unfolded .

OLE!

I too had this thought. If we were correct it actually worked. I agree with you and Pe. Bigshots need to settle down sometimes.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":35puawug said:
We really need to dogpile on people for opposing viewpoints and thoughts? The theory isn't crazy, when stated without availability to twitter and hindsight. I dont mind Tical's alternate approach to the Wilson signing either. Do we want to be like Fox News viewers? Only digesting opinions we 100% agree with?

I've seen dudes get banned for saying Aaron Curry was a bad draft pick. That the draft pick named Russell Wilson would be better than Hass. And a poster nearly banned for saying Percy would be a cancer.

Just saying...

I'm not giving any credence to what Tical is saying here, with the luxury of hindsight it's inaccurate. But this dogpiling on any viewpoints outside the norm is LAME.

An 'alternate approach," or theory is applicable if solid information to the contrary is not available. In this case we have information from several reliable sources. To come in with a post after all of that info is there just seems like a stir-it-up post.

My apologies to the OP if he somehow didn't see, read or hear the multi-front info, but just saying.

** Entertaining theories, but if the guy was barfing into a Gator Aid bucket...well. Had there been any other plan, I doubt discipline would be the reason.

shawnsim

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2le615dh said:
pehawk":2le615dh said:
We really need to dogpile on people for opposing viewpoints and thoughts? The theory isn't crazy, when stated without availability to twitter and hindsight. I dont mind Tical's alternate approach to the Wilson signing either. Do we want to be like Fox News viewers? Only digesting opinions we 100% agree with?

I've seen dudes get banned for saying Aaron Curry was a bad draft pick. That the draft pick named Russell Wilson would be better than Hass. And a poster nearly banned for saying Percy would be a cancer.

Just saying...

I'm not giving any credence to what Tical is saying here, with the luxury of hindsight it's inaccurate. But this dogpiling on any viewpoints outside the norm is LAME.

An 'alternate approach," or theory is applicable if solid information to the contrary is not available. In this case we have information from several reliable sources. To come in with a post after all of that info is there just seems like a stir-it-up post.

My apologies to the OP if he somehow didn't see, read or hear the multi-front info, but just saying.

I just watched the game without my super sleuth trenchcoat monocle and s bend pipe. At that time I had the same thought. After the game I thought differently. Gametime. I watched the game. Afterwards I found different. No big deal. Glad to see that others watch us as closely as we watch the game.

Funny how we can both be educated fools. Or.......

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
If he was barfing in a garbage can on the sidelines, wouldn't they have mentioned that on the broadcast? It could only help them sell the story of the game. Not saying it didn't happen, more just wondering why they wouldn't have mentioned it. You know they had cameras and people watching him on the sidelines.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Tical21":1mmp84ag said:
If he was barfing in a garbage can on the sidelines, wouldn't they have mentioned that on the broadcast? It could only help them sell the story of the game. Not saying it didn't happen, more just wondering why they wouldn't have mentioned it. You know they had cameras and people watching him on the sidelines.

This. For those who just watched the game and did not super sleuth the interweb it was anyones guess.

Crucify.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":wddl84bj said:

Just saying...

And that last poster you reference banned from this board after saying it would be a mistake to resign Alexander. How'd that work out for us?

Props for taking this stand Pe, The pack seldom realizes being numerous does not equate to being right. Attacking someone for offering an opposing view, one that has actual basis, is definitely not right.

But in this example, I do think Lynch was illin'.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The issue I have with this theory is that it basically assumes Pete, Cable, et al were all lying. They might withhold info to avoid controversy or even downplay something, but I've never gotten the sense they would completely fabricate a story.

Rocket

Reaction score
Dude... go outside, get a switch and whup yourself.
jesus H christianity... give it a rest. Puking. Bucket. Barf.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
For those of us watching the game on tv he was clearly sick. Or pretending to be. Why would he pretend to be sick? That's just silly. He wouldn't.

themunn

Reaction score
pehawk":196y9co5 said:

Just saying...

There's nothing wrong with having an opposing opinion though; certainly I had a lot of people disagree with me when I said Tate was better than Harvin and that although I was excited to see the trade pan out, I thought it was a mistake and money that could be better spent elsewhere. Some people called me an idiot, yes, but nobody ever accused me of being obtuse for the sake of it, and I experienced nothing akin to what some people have gone through for their opinions - usually because they totally sandbag a player to the point where they appear to actively hope someone like Wilson/Curry/Harvin doesn't pan out to prove their own point.

Making the claim to Lynch - a consummate pro in his entire time at Seattle - has come afoul of some disciplinary issue is pure conjecture and rumour stirring. Unless somebody has evidence that Lynch is missing meetings and/or failing to act professionally, why make the claim?

Certainly I agree that people shouldn't be sandbagged simply for having an opposing opinion (and I thought the "ha where are you now" posts from people after the Avril extension was disgraceful), some "opinions" (or rather, pure and utter nonsense theories that look like they came straight from PFT) rightly deserve to be called out

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Who gives a toss? He looked sick to me, like he did earlier this season when he had the same issue. I have a theory that his pain meds sometimes gives him an upset stomach.

But if it was a punishment, so what?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1infno79 said:

Just saying...

I don't know. There's "outside the norm" and then there's "bizarre shit just to get attention or get a rise out of .NET."

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":8ugqitn4 said:
If you listen to his best bud, Michael Robinson, he doesn't exactly paint a rosey picture. Today after Lynch's td, he tweeted, "Enjoy it while you can."

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealMikeRob/status/546882461884751872[/tweet]

bruh.0.gif

If Marshawn goes, I want Bevell fired.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":3vbwy3pu said:
hawksfansinceday1":3vbwy3pu said:
Incorrect Tical. You've been trolling a lot the last few days. Out of character for you. What gives?
If you're referring to the posts about the Wright and Avril signings signifying the end of Russell, I was just joking. Besides that, I really haven't been posting much lately...........
I was indeed referring to those posts and though it didn't seem like you were joking I'll take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.