Discipline or upset stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/marshawn-lynch-is-the-politest-troll-in-the-nfl

He spent much of that time sitting on a Gatorade cooler and drinking fluids. At one point, he kneeled down in front of the cooler as teammates formed a wall to shield whatever was happening from TV cameras.

“He couldn’t throw up, you know?” coach Pete Carroll said. “He was sick to his stomach. I don’t know if he ever did (throw up), if he ever got to it or was holding back.”

So how was Lynch’s stomach feeling after he helped the Seahawks take control of the race for the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs and adding another big play to his highlight reel?

“Thank you for asking,” he said.

image1.jpeg

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
He did NOT look fine.............

Attachments

• Lynch--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
    Lynch--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 575

pehawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1psh06cx said:
pehawk":1psh06cx said:
We really need to dogpile on people for opposing viewpoints and thoughts? The theory isn't crazy, when stated without availability to twitter and hindsight. I dont mind Tical's alternate approach to the Wilson signing either. Do we want to be like Fox News viewers? Only digesting opinions we 100% agree with?

I've seen dudes get banned for saying Aaron Curry was a bad draft pick. That the draft pick named Russell Wilson would be better than Hass. And a poster nearly banned for saying Percy would be a cancer.

Just saying...

I'm not giving any credence to what Tical is saying here, with the luxury of hindsight it's inaccurate. But this dogpiling on any viewpoints outside the norm is LAME.

I don't know. There's "outside the norm" and then there's "bizarre shit just to get attention or get a rise out of .NET."

If that's true, then it sucks because Tical21 is one of the smart "ones". And by "ones" I mean minority.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":kp809jie said:
volsunghawk":kp809jie said:
pehawk":kp809jie said:
We really need to dogpile on people for opposing viewpoints and thoughts? The theory isn't crazy, when stated without availability to twitter and hindsight. I dont mind Tical's alternate approach to the Wilson signing either. Do we want to be like Fox News viewers? Only digesting opinions we 100% agree with?

I've seen dudes get banned for saying Aaron Curry was a bad draft pick. That the draft pick named Russell Wilson would be better than Hass. And a poster nearly banned for saying Percy would be a cancer.

Just saying...

I'm not giving any credence to what Tical is saying here, with the luxury of hindsight it's inaccurate. But this dogpiling on any viewpoints outside the norm is LAME.

I don't know. There's "outside the norm" and then there's "bizarre shit just to get attention or get a rise out of .NET."

If that's true, then it sucks because Tical21 is one of the smart "ones". And by "ones" I mean minority.

He can be, absolutely. But it doesn't mean his every post is quality.

While I'm not necessarily a fan of the "dogpile," I do believe that most posts here at .NET get the reception they deserve. I've seen some unpopular theories floated that had solid support and rational argument behind them, and they generated conversation. But I've also seen pure, unsupported speculation that seems like borderline trolling, and it's generated the ridicule it deserved. Luckily, Tical is a big boy... he can handle the vitriol.

pehawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, vols. I honestly haven't noticed his posts enough to say one way or another if he's trolling.

Boycie

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3mtf3c2w said:
Tical21":3mtf3c2w said:
I'm sorry, I can't find the original post, but I would like to credit the original poster for the thought. After initially rejecting the idea, I'm fully convinced Marshawn was out for discipline reasons, not an upset stomach. He sits there for a while, sees the first quarter is a few minutes away from ending, and casually puts his helmet on. He is in on the second play of the second quarter. Hmmmm. Me thinks somebody got suspended for a quarter. Late for a meeting perhaps?
The guy looked extremely sick... His eyes were dark and sunken, they were red and watery almost as if he had been throwing up. Aside from that big run he looked very un-beastmode like. I think his sickness was legit.

Isn't this the 2nd time he has missed some play time due to upset stomach? I wonder if it has something to do with the stuff they give him for his back?

gulliver

Reaction score
One completely paranoid idea I had--which I am being disabused of in light of him barfing into the Gatorade bucket--is that Lynch feels he is being paid ~3/4 of what he's worth, and so he's giving the team 3/4 of of Marshawn; i.e., every game he's going to sit for the equivalent of a quarter. That theory was starting to look pretty good over the last few weeks, until Bucket-gate.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Gatorade barf buckets be damned, Lynch wasn't running like BeastMode. That's how I knew he really was sick. It was like he woke up on that first 6-yard TD. Before that, Turbin and Michael were doing a very nice job moving the chains. I was hoping they'd get more reps. As it was, everything turned out nicely.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My god, every damn game someone has to bring up some bull crap drama. He was clearly sick. He came in, dominated, like always. Nothing else to the story.

What will it be next week, after the win YET AGAIN?

Marshawn scratched his right arm, he hates kids, hates Seattle and wants to be traded.

SirTed

Reaction score
I definitely don't have a problem with alternative viewpoints, I am just sick of dudes reaching to find trouble where there isn't any.

Cartire

Reaction score
Why keep the discipline in house? And for that matter, why go through the overly olaborate story, with many different people confirming it? Reporters tweeting out that he's puking in a bucket. Line coach saying he's sick. Coach and staff saying he's sick. And you don't think one of the numerous blabber mouths is going to slip this to a shefter, rapport, glazer? They would look silly and dumb if that came out.

Pointless. The coincidence of him playing at the beginning of the second qtr is your only reasoning. The bounty of evidence on the other side seems to completely dismantle that weak assessment.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Cartire":2n315whd said:
Why keep the discipline in house? And for that matter, why go through the overly olaborate story, with many different people confirming it? Reporters tweeting out that he's puking in a bucket. Line coach saying he's sick. Coach and staff saying he's sick. And you don't think one of the numerous blabber mouths is going to slip this to a shefter, rapport, glazer? They would look silly and dumb if that came out.

Pointless. The coincidence of him playing at the beginning of the second qtr is your only reasoning. The bounty of evidence on the other side seems to completely dismantle that weak assessment.
Okay, I'll bite. I saw one guy that wasn't at the game tweet that he was barfing in a bucket. Every other story about it tha tI have seen has used the "according to various reports." Condotta was watching his every move on the sideline and said nothing about barfing. Pete said he didn't think he actually barfed, he was just dry-heaving.

I watched the game again last night. He is just chilling for 12 minutes of that first quarter. Takes a peek at the clock, puts his helmet on, gets himself ready to go, thinks he was going to go in for the first play of the second quarter, and instead goes in on the second play.

They keep it in-house because that is what they do. Shefter never heard about a locker room brawl. If he was barfing in a bucket, it would have been played up like Michael Jordan on the broadcast.

Last, Marshawn Lynch ain't about to sit out a quarter of an important game due to an upset stomach. He'll puke on the field before he lets somebody else tote the rock.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Tical21":ajbnbnrh said:
Last, Marshawn Lynch ain't about to sit out a quarter of an important game due to an upset stomach. He'll puke on the field before he lets somebody else tote the rock.

Except that there is documented evidence that this assertion isn't true.

That Lynch article in MMQB":ajbnbnrh said:
During games he would feign exhaustion and take himself out so Forsett, his backup, could get snaps.

“He did that almost every game at Cal, and even when we both played in Seattle,” Forsett says. “I’m sure the coaches weren’t too pleased. But it wasn’t that blatant. They would think, OK, he needs a rest, but he never did.

“If it wasn’t for him taking himself out of games and allowing me to go in and play, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity.”

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2s2y1wr7 said:
Tical21":2s2y1wr7 said:

That Lynch article in MMQB":2s2y1wr7 said:
During games he would feign exhaustion and take himself out so Forsett, his backup, could get snaps.

“He did that almost every game at Cal, and even when we both played in Seattle,” Forsett says. “I’m sure the coaches weren’t too pleased. But it wasn’t that blatant. They would think, OK, he needs a rest, but he never did.

“If it wasn’t for him taking himself out of games and allowing me to go in and play, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity.”
So he didn't play the first quarter of a winner-take-division week-16 game because he wants Robert Turbin to enjoy taking the rock? Which one of us is reaching?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":rwfz5tz4 said:
Tical21":rwfz5tz4 said:

That Lynch article in MMQB":rwfz5tz4 said:

This makes sense if it's the 4th quarter and Lynch is tired, but at the beginning of the most important game of the year?

I also feared it was disciplinary, but after seeing Lynch walking around looking for his Skittles to try and settle his stomach, I don't think it was anything else.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
conspiracy idea #1: They poisoned Marshawn's meals this year so he could get sick. The Goal? He'll get sick enough that people will put injury concerns on him, with Schneider hoping to sign him to a minimal contract instead of a very large contract, to save cap room.

#sarcasm

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Vols wasn't saying he stayed out so Turbin/Michael could get carries, he's just pointing out that Lynch isn't necessarily one of those "stay on the field at all cost" type of players.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I thought he looked pale on the sidelines. Definitely not black enough to play. Those Skittles helped restore his color and he was good to go.

SC

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
For all we know, Pete could have said, "Shawn, I'm giving you the first quarter to get your poop in a group, then we need beast."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts