DJack unpopular?

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
So, I was entering a grocery store today in my hometown (Bellingham, about 84 miles north of Seattle) and a fellow Hawks fan saw me wearing my Darrell Jackson #82 jersey. He was rather sloshed at the moment and shouted an enthusiastic "GO HAWKS!" to which I always respond with a thumbs up and a smile. But then his friend asked me "Who's number eighty two?" and I said it was "DJack." and that the jersey was a gift from my father during the 2005 season. Well, I tried to explain the gift part, but was immediately shut down with a giant scoff after the phrase "DJack."

He was one of my favorite players back in those years, '03-'06-ish. Is he not remembered warmly amongst fellow Hawks fans, or was it just mostly this one guy and his friend? I've certainly never been almost ridiculed by another Seahawks fan over my choice of sporting official Seahawks merchandise. Hmm.

tubbs51

Reaction score
DJack was my third favorite after Lofa, and Mack in that order.

I was a few years younger but i remember Djack doing some good work the years we had him. Especially those WR depleated years where it seemed like we were starting our sixth string WR due to injuries.

My money says the guy that scoffed barely watched the Hawks at that time and has become a rabid hawks fan over the past couple years... aka a bandwagoner. :/

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I've been searching for an old school #82 DJack jersey to go with my old school #8 Hasselbeck, old school #37 Alexander & old school #32 Ricky Watters jerseys.

DJack has been one of my favorite WRs and players for the Seahawks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
D Jack was a great receiver but Mike Holmgren was the one that made him what he was. I was really bummed when his knee started to go because he could have had some good years ahead of him.

Thanks for the great memories Darrell Jackson, you were a different kind of cat, but a cool cat.

largenutz

Reaction score
hey man, Djack is who he is to you... just like everyother player is to whoever rocks the jersey. Hes a Hawk thats all that matters and if you had a connection to him, wear it with pride.

kearly

Reaction score
Djack is and was less popular than he deserved. Though it sounds like in your case, you were just talking to a drunken jackass.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Obviously an uneducated group of fans if they had to ask "who's 82?" I'm guessing they are passive fans that only know the current players.

NYCoug

Reaction score
DJack is and was one of my favorite Seahawks ever. One of the few Florida WR's to actually make a significant impact in the NFL too. The Sprinkler, The Squirrel, DJack was a character.

I'll never forget the catch he made to beat Oakland in Husky Stadium in 2000. One of my favorite original moments with the Hawks. I remember being really broken up about it after he had a seizure after the Darren Woodson hit in that Dallas game. I don't know, he just always seemed like a cool dude. And he had a sick beard at times. A testament to his character was after all the WR's had struggled with drops in 2003 and the Hawks played the Steelers at Qwest. DJack had a HUGE catch and run and acknowledged the crowd with a fist in the air as everyone went nuts.

I got nothing but love for DJack.

JonRud

Reaction score
I loved DJack ever since I saw him run through the Rams defense for a long TD in Week 2 of the 2000 season at Husky Stadium. The Hawks lost that game but it's one of the best plays I ever saw live.

I was always a DJack fan even though he dropped too many balls. Had a huge TD catch in the NFC Championship to basically put the game away.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Some of the negativity may result from reports that he was one of the biggest locker room cancers ever. I don't remember hearing that until he had already moved on from Seattle.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
sammyc521":3qpw6mrl said:
I've been searching for an old school #82 DJack jersey to go with my old school #8 Hasselbeck, old school #37 Alexander & old school #32 Ricky Watters jerseys.

DJack has been one of my favorite WRs and players for the Seahawks.
Djack ok. Hasslebeck yeah, but Ricky 2 yards not so much.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
In my opinion, since DJack, we have not had a better WR on the field than DJack. Criminally underrated. It's a real shame that was traded for Branch and put the wheels in motion for him to get mad and leave

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think the people that scoff at DJack were casual fans when he was here and only remember him for his drops, of which there were plenty, and forget all the touchdowns.

Cartire

Reaction score
Djack had that horrible offensive pass interference in the super-bowl. :sarcasm_off:

ensett

Reaction score
Djack is underrated, he was a beast. Sure he had "a lot" of drops with 1 every other game, but he was a TD machine and was a 1100+ yard receiver consistently if without injuries. Not a team in the league that wouldn't kill for that kind of production

Latest posts