DK - just saying.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
DK's currently in the top 16 in stats on pace for 100 catches and already over 1,000 yards.

He's 7th in salary, so not really a massive chasm between salary and production, and that's playing on a team with Lockett who's also commanded a LOT of targets.

IMO we got a lot of old dudes up in here who don't like them a mouthy football player. So your 4th sentence is 100% accurate, DK ain't the problem, he's not even in the top 20 of problems.
That's not 100% what I really meant in the OP.

What I 'think' I meant: DK diva assessments are now coming from multiple angles, and fairly regularly, and not just .net 'old fogeys'. HE HIMSELF said that he lost the refs recently. THAT in itself is a problem.

There's mouthy. I get it. I like trash talk as much as the next person. Jumping in the stands and camera grabbing. Yelling at Russ last year when he wasn't getting his 'touches' - and more this year as the season progresses. That's toxic shit. That's not Julio Jones typa hard hitting verbal and physical assaults - that's just tantrums.

My point was/is: I wish he's f***ing stop it. He's pissing away both his reputation, and hurting the team with his bullshit, and the penalties associated with it.

I agree with the other poster's 'mini TO'. Not TO. But in the same freakin ballpark.

GO BACK AND WATCH HIS PRESSERS PRIOR TO MUNICH. That's a different cat - and it's ALOT more team first with Lockett.

Oh yea - and get the f*** off my lawn ;)

I just wish he'd get it together.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's not 100% what I really meant in the OP.

What I 'think' I meant: DK diva assessments are now coming from multiple angles, and fairly regularly, and not just .net 'old fogeys'. HE HIMSELF said that he lost the refs recently. THAT in itself is a problem.

There's mouthy. I get it. I like trash talk as much as the next person. Jumping in the stands and camera grabbing. Yelling at Russ last year when he wasn't getting his 'touches' - and more this year as the season progresses. That's toxic shit. That's not Julio Jones typa hard hitting verbal and physical assaults - that's just tantrums.

My point was/is: I wish he's f***ing stop it. He's pissing away both his reputation, and hurting the team with his bullshit, and the penalties associated with it.

I agree with the other poster's 'mini TO'. Not TO. But in the same freakin ballpark.

GO BACK AND WATCH HIS PRESSERS PRIOR TO MUNICH. That's a different cat - and it's ALOT more team first with Lockett.

Oh yea - and get the f*** off my lawn ;)

I just wish he'd get it together.

Idk what "get it together" means.

And if we're benchmarking DK's growth in regards to this conversation? Go back to the playoff game against the Rams last year where he COMPLETELY took himself out of the game with this nonsense, to the point of demanding the ball and getting a pick 6 on his ass..........and now this year where even when he has gotten a penalty it hasn't taken him out of the game. He's still produced and made big plays.

So again, this seems more like old farts don't like them some mouthy receivers, rather than objectively looking at the stats and facts with Metcalf.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Idk what "get it together" means.

And if we're benchmarking DK's growth in regards to this conversation? Go back to the playoff game against the Rams last year where he COMPLETELY took himself out of the game with this nonsense, to the point of demanding the ball and getting a pick 6 on his ass..........and now this year where even when he has gotten a penalty it hasn't taken him out of the game. He's still produced and made big plays.

So again, this seems more like old farts don't like them some mouthy receivers, rather than objectively looking at the stats and facts with Metcalf.
Nope. Wrong.

Ha! Just like his stats 'lie' 'cause of the fact that he draws coverage away from other receivers and is their catalyst -

His antics this year - particularly in the last 6-7 weeks have been far more toxic than 'getting him pulled from the game'.

Look. Football is a f***ing team sport. Either get with the team and stop being a distraction - or get gone. Period. The only thing that, from a coaching and/or leadership perspective that this kind of stuff can do is undermine your authority as a coach and/or poison other players. Other players see that stuff and it gets normalized into the system. And, what do we have now during the slide? A general attitude and motivation problem with lots of players.

Sure has made some big plays. Sure has made some shitty ones also. I want him to be what he thinks he is. And, that's the crux of 2 post that I've made (based on other media stories) - saying that he's gotta re-earn his badass rep. Aside from 6% body fat and killer abs.

I get it - I'm not gonna convince you of anything. I just wish he's stop the bullshit, and get with the program. And, by that, in answer to your question IDK what 'get it together means: It means STFU, and play for the team - redirect all that competitive energy to the opponent. Not refs and other players standing in the way of your touches. And, oh yea, by the way - if you wanted to re-earn the rep that you're losing - might have taken the opportunity to man up without Lockett and get on the same page with Geno for some special shit during the KC game. THAT would have impressed me. Looking down his nose at Lockett and muttering "Mr. Clutch" didn't do that for me. He's tired of travel. He's tired of the refs. What isn't he tired of?

Anyways - I get it. Lots of people like players with passion and I'm not going to convince you otherwise when hubris mimics passion. Not that I was really trying to - I was merely highlighting other press sources that have increasingly said the same thing in the second half of this season.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think it’s real easy to blame DK.

Has DK been great, no.

Has DK been a leader, no.

Is DK the reason the team is struggling, no.

DK is a product of the overall entire team energy, the team is on a downward spiral.

But for some reason DK is the image of the Seahawks and everything wrong with the Seahawks.

I think that’s wrong.
I agree AND disagree.

Seattle stepped up and paid him as if he's not just a guy. They showed him what they thought about him and what would be expected of him. He doesn't
Appear to have taken this to heart and become a consummate professional, leader , and a clutch player when it counts. He still gets out of his game and gets stupid penalties, gets into fracases
And disappears for long stretches .

Is it 100% on him? I doubt it , yet I think he's come up short.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nope. Wrong.

Ha! Just like his stats 'lie' 'cause of the fact that he draws coverage away from other receivers and is their catalyst -

His antics this year - particularly in the last 6-7 weeks have been far more toxic than 'getting him pulled from the game'.

What evidence do you have that DK's antics have been toxic.

So far his teammates don't care, and his own coach came out last week and said he loves DK's edge and personality. Probably because even Pete knows this team is soft as hell with very little bully and edge on the roster, and DK's one of the only players that brings that to games.

Again, you and others are projecting. Of course we don't like the 15 yard penalties, but just as during the LOB years, you NEED those players to bring that level of passion and edge to games every week. So until this roster's full of players like that who take it right up to the edge, and sometimes cross over?

I'm just fine with DK being one of our bullies on a roster full of soft players.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What evidence do you have that DK's antics have been toxic.

So far his teammates don't care, and his own coach came out last week and said he loves DK's edge and personality. Probably because even Pete knows this team is soft as hell with very little bully and edge on the roster, and DK's one of the only players that brings that to games.

Again, you and others are projecting. Of course we don't like the 15 yard penalties, but just as during the LOB years, you NEED those players to bring that level of passion and edge to games every week. So until this roster's full of players like that who take it right up to the edge, and sometimes cross over?

I'm just fine with DK being one of our bullies on a roster full of soft players.
Ya. Pete said he loved Russ for a couple years too!

Refs tuning him out? TELL ME that that situation does not affect other calls in the game. Tell me that. Seriously. Tell me the refs don't talk. Why the hell are we tempting the Refs at all? I said it with Geno, and I say it again with DK - and those are HIS WORDS NOT MINE.

Was I a bit over the top? Maybe.

I just want to see the MoFo walk the talk. And so do approximately 4 news and coverage type people that I have read recently.

Stop the drops. Stop the bathroom carts. Stop the background childish bullshit and get back to the game.

It started badly at the camera grab, and it hasn't stopped suffice for a few game stretch this year.

You know - I've run a team/company before. I've seen FIRSTHAND the toxic kind of shit that allowing this sort of fringe behaviour does. It validates it all to the malcontents. It just does.

DK - please finish growing up. I want you here for the next 10 years.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Exactly this, stop coming out with your shirt off when you couldn't even block a DB half your size on a simple screen
Yup.

Let's keep our eye on the ball dude.

Recent quote: "TIRED of flying every friday and then flying back every Sunday/Monday for road games." Said it. At a press conference. Within the last month.

Um. OK. Gimme 30MM a year and I'll happily fly every single friday and monday for the rest of the decade.

This is the kinda stuff I'm talking about. And the younger ones listen to that shit. And it becomes accepted behaviour.

TELL ME how many years under holmy we ate the road fatigue/early EST game start time deficit. Finally been over it for a few years now, and then to have a public comment like that.

I'm being serious when I say grow up. That shirt pic was just stupid. Bench him for a game. Seriously. Put his head on a pike for the other players.

jeremiah

Reaction score
He's let the team down in terms of leadership this year.

At the start of the season, Carroll had mentioned how DK had matured and was stepping up as an offensive team leader (I can't find the source, just going off memory from Mike Salk show).
In that aspect, he has not only disappointed the team, his coach and Jerhawk, but has taken a step back.

His numbers on the other hand are on par with his past seasons. I'm glad he formed a connection with Geno, and I feel with another season with Geno those numbers would only get better.

Maturity comes with age and experience. Some have it and some don't. He's still very young, so I'm not about to give up on him in that asepct
What could we get for him in a trade, that is what I care about. He is not what we need, I would rather have another like youngun in the vein of Lockett, and more picks.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What could we get for him in a trade, that is what I care about. He is not what we need, I would rather have another like youngun in the vein of Lockett, and more picks.
That's a bold statement ;)

nwHawk

Reaction score
Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen,
Titans GM (recently fired) thought the same and traded an established receiver to the Eagles in the offseason. Then drafted the replacement (bust), and now the Eagles are breaking out and the Titans look rough.

I was ok either way with trading DK last offseason, especially with trading Russ. But now he sorta need him, and I hope he grows up. I hate the stupid penalties.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ya. Pete said he loved Russ for a couple years too!

Refs tuning him out? TELL ME that that situation does not affect other calls in the game. Tell me that. Seriously. Tell me the refs don't talk. Why the hell are we tempting the Refs at all? I said it with Geno, and I say it again with DK - and those are HIS WORDS NOT MINE.

Was I a bit over the top? Maybe.

I just want to see the MoFo walk the talk. And so do approximately 4 news and coverage type people that I have read recently.

Stop the drops. Stop the bathroom carts. Stop the background childish bullshit and get back to the game.

It started badly at the camera grab, and it hasn't stopped suffice for a few game stretch this year.

You know - I've run a team/company before. I've seen FIRSTHAND the toxic kind of shit that allowing this sort of fringe behaviour does. It validates it all to the malcontents. It just does.

DK - please finish growing up. I want you here for the next 10 years.

You can have an opinion on DK, but don't use hyperbolic language like "toxic" when you have no evidence of the such. When in fact his own coach said the exact opposite publicly.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But...but....the fans know what's going on behind closed doors, or with the actual coaches and players that play with DK :confused:
Does he need to chill out at times? sure
But you could say that about MANY WR's in the league.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
You can have an opinion on DK, but don't use hyperbolic language like "toxic" when you have no evidence of the such. When in fact his own coach said the exact opposite publicly.
I'll use the word Toxic if I darn well please.

Toxic. There - used it again.

I love the new age trend of telling people what words to use! It's wonderful.

Toxic. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like "conspiracy"
That sure gets thrown around a lot. News flash: If the Hawks come up short of the playoffs, there's only one thing to blame: THE SEAHAWKS.
Blame the league and create the victim stuff all you want, but they put themselves in this position by losing to 5 crap teams.
Just an opinion.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Like "conspiracy"
That sure gets thrown around a lot. News flash: If the Hawks come up short of the playoffs, there's only one thing to blame: THE SEAHAWKS.
Blame the league and create the victim stuff all you want, but they put themselves in this position by losing to 5 crap teams.
Just an opinion.
100% Its a team sport and these last few weeks the team as a whole haven't looked so great or performed well in all phases they should've been

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the fact that we have a meaningful game in week 18, vs. a rival, and a chance to make the playoffs? I'm very grateful for it. Screaming my lungs out for 3 plus hours, and not having to scoreboard watch the entire game. I'll take it. Just personal preference, but I'm glad that game got moved to Sunday night. Hawks can take care of THEIR business w/out the distractions of "what's going on in the GB/Detroit game?"
House $

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'll use the word Toxic if I darn well please.

Toxic. There - used it again.

I love the new age trend of telling people what words to use! It's wonderful.

Toxic. ;)

Logical civil discourse using facts and objective reasoning has been around for thousands of years.

If there's anything "new age," it's what you're doing, and many others do on here. Inject their own personal biases as facts and then project it to validate those biased opinions.

sutz

Reaction score
Really haven't heard of any locker room troubles around or concerning DK. When I start hearing that, I'll listen to "toxic" talk. 🤷‍♂️