DK on penalties: 'Not going to change who I am'

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
More throwing the ball to wide open receivers too.
I just want the dude to ball out, make the play and go back to the huddle. Doesn't seem like much to ask.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Too much lulu lemon or whatever the f*ck its called and not enough focus or ACCOUNTABILITY.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Browner crazied with a purpose, until he got in trouble. Hope he's doing alright.

cymatica

Reaction score
. This guy has made a ton of contested catches, including game winners. Not sure where that narrative came from that he can't make contested catches. And yes, some people do claim he can't.

Probably because there's been so many times where a DB half his size breaks up the catch as DK lets the ball come to him instead of high pointing the ball. People then see receivers smaller than him high point the ball better than he does. There's probably a reason he doesn't get jump balls in the end zone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion and that's fine. He's not nearly as crappy as you want him to be. I do enjoy a good laugh when people claim the guy can't do things he absolutely CAN do.
He's a baller, that seems to bother some people. I want him to grow TF up, but that doesn't change how good this kid is and can be.
Again, the fascination with blasting Hawks players has always been strange, imo. I don't like this guy, he sucks. I don't like this guy, trade him etc.
DK, Adams, you'd think these guys were bottom of the barrel players the way some people blast them, daily.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
We need penalty-adjusted total yards. That way, it's easy for DK to see his negative effect on the team.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Put a clause in his contract: Less $250k for each personal foul infraction. That'll learn him.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Did DK say why he stopped in the middle of the field and let the DB intercept Geno's pass for him? He wasn't even close enough to make the tackle so the guy got up and ran it back.

Lockett made a great catch to extend the drive DK got the 15 yarder on.

I'm thinking for $24M dude should finish more drives than he ends.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh brother. Watch where that ball lands. That was being picked off regardless. Anything to take it off of Geno.............yet again.
He was missing wide open guys all day long. All while hugging the ball like a teddy bear. He needs to grow up and stop the tantrums, but you act like he's some 4th string WR who should be traded for a box of onions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh brother. Watch where that ball lands. That was being picked off regardless. Anything to take it off of Geno.............yet again.
He was missing wide open guys all day long. All while hugging the ball like a teddy bear. He needs to grow up and stop the tantrums, but you act like he's some 4th string WR who should be traded for a box of onions.

DK certainly has the speed, body and length to get to the ball to at least knock it down if he doesn't cut his route short.

That's a rookie move, any veteran WR knows he has to finish his routes so his QB trusts him under pressure.

DK didn't think the ball was coming to him, so he stopped running. Not good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree, that ball was being picked regardless. And I'm not excusing his tantrum crap one bit.
Anyway, I just want the kid to tear it up and walk back to the huddle. We'll see if he's capable of growing up and not letting people get in his head. So far, he doesn't seem to be able to.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Agree to disagree, that ball was being picked regardless. And I'm not excusing his tantrum crap one bit.

To me whether he could get to that ball isn't the point. It's the part where he's hanging his QB out to dry with his antics, pouty route running, etc.

When Geno's under duress, he has to have complete confidence in his WR's that they're not going off script.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Just look at Carroll's response, which was to completely downplay Sunday's penalty and provide the explanation that DK didn't hear the whistle. He clearly doesn't want DK to back off on the aggression, and DK's statement to that effect is not in disagreement with the coaching staff, but rather exactly what fans should want to hear from him.
FYI, this "block" was nowhere near the play, so I can't buy into this line of reasoning.

Later on, DK's direct quote:

“I’m not going to shy away because he put a penalty board on the screen,” Metcalf said. “I’m going to continue to be me.”

Sounds like he is disagreeing with Pete to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Pete doubled down and said it was a "block"
It wasn't a block at all, it was yet another tantrum.
He enables it, it's not going to stop. Feels like this topic has ran it's course, the horse is dead.

But........I don't expect it to stop :ROFLMAO:

toffee

Reaction score
Toffee

No question about DK's physical superiority. He was raw when he came and is still learning his craft, but he has otherworldly physical ability the team needs to enhance and encourage development of. At present he has a lot of growing up to do. However he can at times be extraordinarily special, and does need to embrace improving his game.

I like him as a Seahawks player and am expecting to see more from him.
I agree!

To me, it's like driving one of three GT2s in all 911 track days and consistently finished top 10.