DK!!!!!! PICK 64 ROUND 2 DK METCALF WR OLE MISS

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Prior to Clark trade we had 4 picks, turned that into over double and drafted need/guys that fit mold. Got Metcalf way later when everyone thought would be gone. Now guy is torn apart? Value pick while also adding a chip on his shoulder...yea give me those guys all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know this doesn't mean crap to any of you but I am going to say it anyways. My next door neighbor is a major sports fan. The kind of guy who has stats and facts that you and I wouldn't even dream of. So for 15 years I have listened to him talk sports, and NFL specifically since that's my one and only pro sport I follow, obviously Seahawks specifically.

Too many times to count he will give me insight on a player that I have never heard of. Case in point, he kept telling me about someone named Russell Wilson. I had no clue who he was. He said to paraphrase, "He's the guy I am most interested in..." Or something to that effect. Of course we know what happened. After we drafted him he looked at me and smiled and basically said, "Just watch. You guys are gonna love him."

So needless to say the equity was built. When he talks about potential draft picks I tend to listen. So that's why a few days ago when he started rambling about someone named D.K. Metcalf I was intrigued. He talked about his size and his arm length which seems to extend like some superhero. Even though he could and did speak of many, many other players, he kept coming back to D.K. He thought that it would be a very smart pick for the Seahawks to take.

So that became my battle cry for the 2019 draft. I am about as ignorant to the draft and college players as it gets. I pretty much don't care until you are a Seahawk. Then suddenly, I care very much about you, lol.

Like last year when my daughter and I sat on the couch praying the Seahawks would take Shaquem, and it was so electric when they did! It's how I felt when I got the pop up notice on my Seahawks app on my phone that the Hawks traded up to grab D.K.

Of course, nobody has a clue how the story ends. With Shaquem or D.K. But the point is, and I digress, the fact that he spent so much time talking to me about D.K. I will gladly take it as some sort of good omen, that he is going to be a fantastic player for us.

Then again, perhaps it's just the turkey sandwich talking.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It is great to finally be genuinely excited about a player! This could pan out huge!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It’s funny how you remember small bits of detail from past posts and the work you put in them.

Seahawks WR A: (Under) 6ft, around 200 pounds posted 4.34 Shuttle, 7.12 3-Cone at his combine.

Seahawks WR B: (Over) 6ft, around 200 pounds posted 4.24 Shuttle, 7.09 3-Cone at his combine.

I remember because it stood out especially agsinst Baldwin’s excellent 3Cone of 6.56. However, testing at 189 pounds he only posted a shuttle of 4.26.

Those numbers aren’t as bad as Metcalf’s 7.38 cone and 4.5 shuttle. But also consider Metcalf comes in 30 pounds heavier than the mystery players and 40 pounds heavier than Baldwin.

Now hypothetically what if we just assign .01s per pound. Bring Metcalf down to 200 pounds and “MAYBE” he churns out a 4.2 shuttle and 7.08 cone. The same range as player B. Sidney Rice.

Seahawks might be getting muscled up, faster Sidney Rice in DK Metcalf... Darrell Bevell be damned.

Player A if you haven’t guessed it is Golden Tate. I know, you wouldn’t thought Tate as a little “stiff” especially for his size.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Like any draft pick, he may work out and he may not. But 90% of this board is ALWAYS complaining about not taking a big-name home run-type player.

And now they have.

massari

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":26pszybw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NathanE11/status/1121952293966893056[/tweet]
Just shows how bad NCAA/NFL drug testing is lol

Madrid Hawk":26pszybw said:
Like any draft pick, he may work out and he may not. But 90% of this board is ALWAYS complaining about not taking a big-name home run-type player.

And now they have.
People complaining about people not happy with certain picks are actually the annoying ones

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone complaining about this pick needs to watch his highlight video. So many of his catches were jump balls where he snatches the ball away from the defender. This is what we love to do when we have guys that could do it (like when Kearse was here and what they tried to do with Moore).
Love this pick!!!!!

getnasty

Reaction score
Him coming into the meeting with his shirt off and Pete doing the same is classic.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Muzz":cv9mti94 said:
He just reminds me of Christine Michael...Remember the Adrian Peterson comparisons? The guy is a specimen for sure thought.

I've never heard that Dk can't learn the playbook, and is lazy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That video has me pretty psyched. I'll be very curious to see what routes he ends up running for us.

Welcome to Seattle, DK!

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
Elemas":2ucyck6g said:
I like Brown too but, with DKs physical abilities...I see him fitting right in.

Also, I'm hoping we balance our offense out a bit. We've committed to RW. It's time to put a little faith in our passing game.

Would love to see us take Winovich or a CB next, after those two slots...tag another receiver...snatch up an OT....

Not sure how we feel about LBs in this draft.

Truly believe that Shaq's sophomore jinx can be corrected with a bit of motivation in the form of position competitiveness.

Best draft move yet for 2019!

Agree and ever hopeful!

toffee

Reaction score
getnasty":43ggkgcc said:
Him coming into the meeting with his shirt off and Pete doing the same is classic.

that and he cried when John called, the "what took you so long" was classic too.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He will end his career as one of the greatest Hawk receivers of all time. Hope I don’t get a ban for saying that like I did when I said it about Russ the day we drafted him.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":37opw5zy said:
He will end his career as one of the greatest Hawk receivers of all time. Hope I don’t get a ban for saying that like I did when I said it about Russ the day we drafted him.

There's a lot of potential that's for sure. I like this pick.

JGreen79

Reaction score
What got me started looking at him was the Larry Fitzgerald commercial. Saw it the first time, looked him up and wanted Seattle to draft him ever since. Stoked about this pick.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":30u874of said:
Mick063":30u874of said:
misfit":30u874of said:
Y'all gotta stop w the Julio comparisons. Julio is a way more complete athlete than DK

Julio may be a more polished receiver, but "way" more complete athlete?

Dude, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. The combine numbers are the best since.....Julio.

Or, maybe he did his research. DK Metcalf has horrible, and I mean BAD, agility numbers, which can be somewhat important for receivers. 7.38 3-cone and 4.5 shuttle were both worse than TOM BRADY did at his combine. 3rd percentile.

Julio had no such issues with agility.

Do you know what you're talking about? Big claims with big attitude should be backed with big evidence.
Megatron refused to do the drill because he knew he would score low. He worked out okay though because his offensive staff knew how to play to his enormous strengths. If DK fails in Seattle it will be Pete’s fault for refusing to use him properly. This has been a problem in the past that hopefully has been learned from and corrected!

RW92

Reaction score
Russel finally has a true #1 wide receiver to through to that runs a 4.33 40. I've always said that if given a wide out of this caliber you will see true greatness from Russel.

It's just nice to see. Did the Hawks get lucky with this pick. Yes, he fell into their lap, but heck take it and run.

Hopefully the "D" will improve as well.

Latest posts