DK!!!!!! PICK 64 ROUND 2 DK METCALF WR OLE MISS

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
Lots of talk about how Russ is gonna love this guy. Just imagine what's going to happen type stuff. And I agree.

But I think Chris Carson is going to end up being DK's biggest fan. Carson is going to be running at a lot more 2 deep safety formations this year. Gonna add some yards to his totals!

Rat

Reaction score
TasteTheBeastmode":21u720x1 said:
But I think Chris Carson is going to end up being DK's biggest fan. Carson is going to be running at a lot more 2 deep safety formations this year. Gonna add some yards to his totals!

Plus Carson will have a lifting buddy.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
getnasty":1rw6haui said:
Him coming into the meeting with his shirt off and Pete doing the same is classic.

I'm bothered by this. Makes me question this guys sanity and intelligence. Who in their right mind would do something like that? Being introduced to your new head coach and you show off your ego and lack of couth. I'm not a fan.

Snohomie

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2q2vg5bb said:
getnasty":2q2vg5bb said:
Him coming into the meeting with his shirt off and Pete doing the same is classic.

I'm bothered by this. Makes me question this guys sanity and intelligence. Who in their right mind would do something like that? Being introduced to your new head coach and you show off your ego and lack of couth. I'm not a fan.

Seahawks scouts talked him into doing this at the combine (not post-draft). It wasn't something DK just decided to do on a lark.

jmahon316

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":s6aeq0kj said:
getnasty":s6aeq0kj said:

Confidence is key

Rat

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ukh53kzr said:
getnasty":ukh53kzr said:

It would have been a douchey thing to do had the team not said (I assume jokingly) that he should. But, if I had those abs, would I do the same thing?..... I can't say no. Hell, I probably wouldn't even own a shirt.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hate this pick with every fiber of my being. He’s nowhere near as good as people think he is. Just a combine warrior and we got suckered into taking him because better WR’s were taken.

Loved the first two picks but this one :puke:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2go8e33k said:
He will end his career as one of the greatest Hawk receivers of all time. Hope I don’t get a ban for saying that like I did when I said it about Russ the day we drafted him.

:lol:

Yep, he’s a bust.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Snohomie":1sxvknfs said:
pittpnthrs":1sxvknfs said:
getnasty":1sxvknfs said:

Seahawks scouts talked him into doing this at the combine (not post-draft). It wasn't something DK just decided to do on a lark.

I was unaware of the situation. My bad. I apologize to DK.

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":139dfulq said:
Snohomie":139dfulq said:
pittpnthrs":139dfulq said:
getnasty":139dfulq said:

I was unaware of the situation. My bad. I apologize to DK.
salute to you pittpnthra, took it like a gentlemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":prmquwjz said:
Hate this pick with every fiber of my being. He’s nowhere near as good as people think he is. Just a combine warrior and we got suckered into taking him because better WR’s were taken.

I was for his teammate AJ, but as a fellow Rebel, I love three both. Our boy might never became a complete WR that could do all the WR things, but for what he could do, he has the potential to do it well, very well. I am ok with that, it’s up to the coaches to leverage what he could do and not force a round peg into ya know what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chapow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":10q50efl said:

So, no chance this guy could be a good player?

[youtube]PCoi5mhwCzY[/youtube]

Steve2222

Reaction score
Even if he’s just a one trick pony (Go Route), that should more than suffice since Wilson throws one of the top deep balls in the league. Not even taking into consideration the threat alone on the goal line. I’d also like to assume he could man handle DBs run blocking

Chapow

Reaction score
Terrell Owens was a workout warrior too. Now, I'm in no way saying DK is going to be as good as T.O. was. What I'm saying is that just because he's a workout warrior doesn't mean he can't also be a very good football player.

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":3ky28usw said:
Lithium":3ky28usw said:
Just think about this. Russell will be throwing to DK for next 4 years.
Off playaction, with Russell Wilson throwing deep against an 8 man box.

2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FkVaj8JXJcDsqs2Fgiphy

That's really kind of unfair to the NFL.. :sarcasm_on: kinda of a nasty proposition IMO.. Its going to be fun to watch

LTH

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Definitely a boom or bust pick, but I think it was warranted after the last two picks. The last two players kind of reminded me of Ruskell guys. Low ceiling, high floor, good character dudes that won't be outright bust. Even if they don't meet expectations they will be good role players.

DK Metcalf is a player that has high bust potential, but also is a player that could be the next T.O, Megatron, or Julio Jones. His skillset is also exactly what the Seahawks love to do with their receivers regardless of their strengths or weaknesses. Metcalf doesn't have to be an all around player here. Another thing that must be mentioned is the routes that he excels at are what the likes of Julio and Megatron ran 70 percent of the time.

That video that was posted here earlier did a really good job of illustrating that the staff at Ole Miss didn't use him to his strengths. They really miss handled him as a player. When he was used in what he excelled at he was a menace. Our system is tailor made for a guy like DK Metcalf. Just look at what Moore was able to do this year, and he really has one route in his arsenal. Now imagine those same plays with a guy like DK Metcalf? A guy who is bigger, strong, better at boxing people out, and faster, longer arms.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33lf76ht said:

I wonder if you're ready to actually put something on the line to back your opinion up? A penalty for being wrong, if you do indeed turn out to be wrong.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":g0jso4dy said:

You would..... my sig says that’s a great sign!

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't get the high bust potential OR the hate. This guy is BIG and has elite speed. That's a combination we have been looking for since 1976.

Latest posts