Do we have a better team Today than the day Pete was hired?

Are the Seahawks a better team today than when Pete was hired?

• Yes

Votes: 67 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters

sc85sis

Reaction score
But that mediocre QB was better than our HOF Russ according to a probowl WR that played seasons with both QBs.
Stafford is a lot better than many give him credit for. Let's not forget he was stuck on one of the worst teams in the NFL for years.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If you truly believe the garbage you are spewing than you are delusional. You honestly believe the make up of this team is worse than last years team?? So the draft and other moves never happened? So no team wins 50% of the time without a HOF QB?

As I have said on multiple treads this years team will be 8 or 9 wins. If I am wrong and it is 4 rub it in my face, but If I am closer than you with your prediction of 4 wins I want you to come on (as I will) and make a thread apologizing for your lack of faith and admit the team is bigger than RW or your hatred of Pete.

Please mark these posts for the end of this season. I have book marked this. You should do the same.
yes this team is far worse than last years team. Every single NFL pundit believes the same. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. You dont lose a first ballot HOF QB and replace them with bad a back up QB and get a better team. Why is this not obvious to you? Where did I ever say I hated Pete? Im totally fine going into this season with the worst QB room in football if it means we draft a franchise QB next year. I really liked the draft but rookies almost never make an impact in their first year. this is a bottom 1/3 of the league that will finish in the cellar of the NFC west.

toffee

Reaction score
Stafford is a lot better than many give him credit for. Let's not forget he was stuck on one of the worst teams in the NFL for years.
On PFF, Wilson has been about 10 points higher over stafford. Golden Tate's evaluation of QB, his Stafford being the best QB he ever played with, could be biased.

Come to think of it, now that Wilson is gone, may be time to bring Golden in for a tire kicking. He could be an asset as vet minimum mentor type.

toffee

Reaction score
yes this team is far worse than last years team. Every single NFL pundit believes the same. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. You dont lose a first ballot HOF QB and replace them with bad a back up QB and get a better team. Why is this not obvious to you? Where did I ever say I hated Pete? Im totally fine going into this season with the worst QB room in football if it means we draft a franchise QB next year. I really liked the draft but rookies almost never make an impact in their first year. this is a bottom 1/3 of the league that will finish in the cellar of the NFC west.
Is the topic of this thread to compare Seahawks 2022 with Seahawks 2010?

If you have to compare Seahawks 2022 with 2021, I would like to speculate that 2022 is within +/- 2 games from 2021, if the 2022 stays reasonably healthy. We had major dramas in 2021, a QB that first insulted a newly hired OC with NO CONFIDENCE announcement, checked out for games before injured, then he rushed back to save his trade value at the expenses of the team record; and a SS that was injured; and the running game OL/RB didn't click till Curhan took over as RT.

2022 could totally suck if the OL couldn't gel in time, quite possible with new scheme and rookies. Defense didn't quite have all the personnel for 3-4 and yes new scheme too. Our running game should work but Penny has injury history and Walker still a rookie. All the these may take 6-10 games to sort itself out. But I am hoping to win 3 out of last 6 games, if we could somehow win 3 out of the other 11 games. I consider expectation met, anything above is icing. Our two QBs are mediocre at best, but they are not divisive, boys could rally around them, we shall see.

There are many Wilson loyalists on dot net, even more amongst media talking heads. We haven't notice any on the team which is a very good thing.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The nucleus of young talent acquired is impressive when you look at guys like Taylor, Brooks, Robinson, Boye "freak show" Mafe, Harris, Uchenna Nwosu, Diggs, Adams, Barton and the 2 corners they drafted this year in Woolen and Bryant. Offensively Charles Cross will be one of the best left tackles in the game. Walker is a freak, Fant is a super freak and our receivers are bar none elite. Add to that all of the draft capital they reaped in the Wilson deal and this team is in no doubt better off than in 09'. They have the ability to win a lot of games if the offense gets clicking which I bet will. Especially over the middle of the field with Fant and Will D

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To imply that there is no talent on this team makes no sense.

The question is whether this team has better talent than other teams.
Is our roster better than the Rams, the 49ers, the Cards, or even the Browns? Doubtful.

You could make a case that we are more in line with teams like the Dolphins but maybe not as bad as the Panthers. Still more wedged in with teams that nobody expects anything of and likely we shouldn't either.

The bigger concern is that Pete has shown a recent tendency of mortgaging the future in trading picks and then overpaying guys that don't help much, not in terms of cost.
This is an OK roster. Just OK. Nothing really exceptional about it but for the WRs and safeties. Overall the total roster is pretty meh.
But the only successful draft that we can really point to so far in the past (5?) years has really been this recent one...and it should be a concern that our 'good' draft turns out to be the guys that haven't actually produced on the field for us.

Coaches that are fighting to get back sometimes strip the cupboards bare to do so. It certainly looks like that is what we did/are doing. But nobody knows yet.
If we continue with our current trend of ineffective/middling drafts and then way overpaying for guys that do not fit how Pete ends up trying to play? There won't be much left.

Maybe Pete learned something. He admitted he was foolish about how arrogant he was in approaching games. Maybe that will lead to change that drives better results. Seems highly unlikely though.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Last year's super bowl champ was QB by a mediocre dude, not HOF material, only been to probowl once and not last year.
9ers were gifted an easy interception by Stafford that was dropped. Jimmy G should have been in the super bowl....again

Rainger

Reaction score
Nothing needs to be said your signature says it all where you are coming from in all discussions.

Fade

Reaction score
It's not an apples-to-apples comparison. The broader roster is much better and full of young potential. The QB position is the problem and will hold down the win count. They'll presumably address that in next year's draft. I do think that with their potential running game and improved defense, this is going to be a really annoying team to play against.

Also the NFC West was terrible in 2009 and 2010 for that matter.

The 2009 Seahawks in the 2022 NFC West would win 2 games. The 2009 Seahawks are the worst 5 win team in NFL History.

And yes, not having 2009 Hass for Geno/Lock is going to effect their win total in 2022. 2009 Hass on the 2022 Seahawks they would make the playoffs in an overall weak NFC with 7 teams getting in.

I got the 2022 Seahawks as of now at 5 wins. Vegas has the line at 5 and 1/2.

toffee

Reaction score
Also the NFC West was terrible in 2009 and 2010 for that matter.

The 2009 Seahawks in the 2022 NFC West would win 2 games. The 2009 Seahawks are the worst 5 win team in NFL History.

And yes, not having 2009 Hass for Geno/Lock is going to effect their win total in 2022. 2009 Hass on the 2022 Seahawks they would make the playoffs in an overall weak NFC with 7 teams getting in.

I got the 2022 Seahawks as of now at 5 wins. Vegas has the line at 5 and 1/2.
Think a 2009 Hass could add 3 games to Vegas' 5.5? At 8.5 games, we might just squeeze ourself to a wildcard, Football God willing.

Fade

Reaction score
Think a 2009 Hass could add 3 games to Vegas' 5.5? At 8.5 games, we might just squeeze ourself to a wildcard, Football God willing.
Thereabouts, yes. Maybe more with how much the QB effects the game now. 9-8, 10-7.

But, I hope the Seahawks stick with Geno/Lock, take their lumps, and make their move for a Franchise QB in 2023.

toffee

Reaction score
Thereabouts, yes. Maybe more with how much the QB effects the game now. 9-8, 10-7.

But, I hope the Seahawks stick with Geno/Lock, take their lumps, and make their move for a Franchise QB in 2023.
we are so on the same page about taking their lumps this year. I am just hoping one of our QB could step up, be as good or close to as good as Jimmy G. We are talking about two desperately motivated QBs, Geno for his last chance to be a starter, and Lock last chance to be taken seriously. I bet they are super coachable at this point.

Smellyman

Reaction score
we are so on the same page about taking their lumps this year. I am just hoping one of our QB could step up, be as good or close to as good as Jimmy G. We are talking about two desperately motivated QBs, Geno for his last chance to be a starter, and Lock last chance to be taken seriously. I bet they are super coachable at this point.

Running a super QB friendly Offense. A lot of gimme throws which is why Goff was so successful. Russ made it a lot harder by not taking those easy throws to TEs, RBs and multiple shallow crossing WRs

toffee

Reaction score
Running a super QB friendly Offense. A lot of gimme throws which is why Goff was so successful. Russ made it a lot harder by not taking those easy throws to TEs, RBs and multiple shallow crossing WRs
and screens too.

But we were not getting it, Russ has a brand and a plan, his brand included playing the most entertaining brand of football that guarantees to be on every media's highlight wheels, he will do the impossible and be the magician. His plan would be to ride that brand to become the highest paid and most praised. Anything else is cost of doing business, we really can't fault a very driven and capable man aiming for the sky.

Last edited:

chrispy

Reaction score
Questionable draft decisions for the past 5 years, in part, might be attributed to building around Wilson. The best drafts we're easily pre-Wilson while he was still young and eager (and quiet). This year's draft feels like that early Okung/Thomas draft. Trying to appease the QB who is airing laundry to the press handcuffed JS, in my opinion.

flv2

Reaction score
And that QB counted for $20M against the Rams' cap while Wilson counted for $32M against the Seahawks' cap.

Y'know, it almost seems like a team with an adequate-but-not-great QB who's making significantly less than the top-paid QBs in the league can win some titles.
Stafford earned $20M and Wilson earned $19M. The Seahawks accounted for Wilson's dead money in 2021, The Rams accounted for Goff's dead money in 2021, and the Lions accounted for Stafford's dead money in 2021. Cap hits are on teams not players, but hey, let's play voodoo math cap numbers and put them on players because it'll fit an agenda.

Fade

Reaction score
Yeah. The Rams ate $20M in dead money to get rid of Goff and Stafford made $20M. Despite over $40m against the cap at QB, they still won the Superbowl.

toffee

Reaction score
Yeah. The Rams ate $20M in dead money to get rid of Goff and Stafford made $20M. Despite over $40m against the cap at QB, they still won the Superbowl.
Would you take Goff if Lion agrees to eat part of his $$? for that matter, Goff vs JimmyG, at same $$, which one?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No. Goff kept the Rams from winning.

It is disturbing that 2 QBs we used to relentlessly mock and ridicule (Goff and Jimmy G) are now supposed to be improvements?