Do we look at trading Sherm to the load on other areas

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
The reason why I posted this was because of the feeling like I think he wants out. The way that he has been acting lately makes me feel like he may not be all in, and if he is a distraction, it might be a good time to deal him while his value is high and we could get some assets for him like Belichick does. I know he is a lock down corner, but if we don't look at him, then who? We have. Lot of money tied up in our D and we have other needs. It is just food for thought.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":20al9fcb said:
The reason why I posted this was because of the feeling like I think he wants out. The way that he has been acting lately makes me feel like he may not be all in, and if he is a distraction, it might be a good time to deal him while his value is high and we could get some assets for him like Belichick does. I know he is a lock down corner, but if we don't look at him, then who? We have. Lot of money tied up in our D and we have other needs. It is just food for thought.

Really isn't a bad question. I think about how frustrated so many of us our about this season. We are use to our team bullying people. Sherman probably feels 10x anything we are because this is his lively hood. Its only really enjoyment and an identity for us. He also gets to see behind the curtain. There might be things going on that might even piss us off.

I think that is all it is though. I think his heart is here. This is just what happens when one is passionate and things are not up to his standards of a winning football team. I could be wrong though.

N.Dodge

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":3n7i6seb said:
This might be a knee jerk reaction after the loss, but it is clear that we need o line help, and also in other areas, so do we look at unloading Sherm for picks and cap space? I like him, but I am sort of getting the feeling that he might want out of here.

Thoughts???
As a fan nope. Heck no. But as realist who can see that he really doesn't control or contain anyone like he thinks he does. His elite-hood is reputation only. I would throw at him in a pick up game. Just imagine the return for him now. And not 3 years from now. A low draft pick for this year and a third and if there is a sucker GM, and then next years draft. I say the same thing for Felix Hernandez.

N.Dodge

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":rhwdlh7p said:
This might be a knee jerk reaction after the loss, but it is clear that we need o line help, and also in other areas, so do we look at unloading Sherm for picks and cap space? I like him, but I am sort of getting the feeling that he might want out of here.

Thoughts???
As a fan nope. Heck no. But as realist who can see that he really doesn't control or contain anyone like he thinks he does. His elite-hood is reputation only. I would throw at him in a pick up game. Just imagine the return for him now. And not 3 years from now. A low draft pick for this year and a third and if there is a sucker GM, and then next years draft. I say the same thing for Felix Hernandez.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I like Sherm, but he disappointed me this season. He can talk all he wants when his play is backing it up. That wasn't the case this year. He was good, but not great. He's not the best in the game anymore, but he's still acting as if he is. His antics were a distraction, yet he doesn't seem to be willing to acknowledge that he needs to chill and focus. He talks about respect while disrespecting the coaching staff on the sidelines.

I hope he self-examines and comes back more focused next year.

chet380

Reaction score
Not advocating, but just sayin' -- Tenn desperately needs a CB, so .. how about RS for their # 5 overall (they still have a # 10 overall) and their 4th Rd. pick?

They get a Pro-Bowl CB and we get a drafting position for an elite RB, OT or interior-DL pass rusher as well as some relief from RS's cap hit. Many problems could be addressed with this scenario.

GLio14

Reaction score
Sherman's become really annoying with his media complaints, but to want to trade him is just absurd. Still the best corner in the league.

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
GLio14":2hbrn26s said:
Sherman's become really annoying with his media complaints, but to want to trade him is just absurd. Still the best corner in the league.

It's not wanting to trade him, but how do we fix our problems? I think we have seen a decline from him or maybe it's the absence of Earl. Either way we have too much money tied up on the back end and we have some serious holes on our o line so maybe we need to part ways with him or another high price player on the back because we have seen what happens when we put all of our resources to the defence and ignore the o line.

People are stating that our run game is not great, but if they had a decent o line then I am sure it would be a lot better than it is now. Our offense was reliant on the run with Lynch, but we don't have Lynch our our old o line so we need to cut somewhere, so where do we do it where there is cap space and an asset that will yield a high return?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I think Seattle should entertain the idea. Sherman has not been lock down in the last two years. He's been good, he just hasn't been Sherm. I think a big reason for that is because he has been following #1's more, but either way, the Legion of Boom is more name than substance at this point for me. And Sherm got punked all game in Atlanta.

With the exception of Thomas, I really do think Seattle should take a hard look at their secondary and make some difficult decisions. Kam is still very good but not the elite player he was and hasn't been since 2014. And while I think his presence helps the defense, his health has been an issue the last two years as well. Is it worth keeping him for 12 games a year?

I don't expect Seattle to do anything with the core, but I think that Seattle needs to start drafting in prep for the drop off that is coming for this defense.

I would not be opposed to a NE style trade (ala Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones) to sell (relatively) high on some of our name recognition. Not going to happen, but I hope that Pete and John at least consider it in the offseason.

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
GLio14":1g5mvsui said:

It's not wanting to trade him, but how do we fix our problems? I think we have seen a decline from him or maybe it's the absence of Earl. Either way we have too much money tied up on the back end and we have some serious holes on our o line so maybe we need to part ways with him or another high price player on the back because we have seen what happens when we put all of our resources to the defence and ignore the o line.

People are stating that our run game is not great, but if they had a decent o line then I am sure it would be a lot better than it is now. Our offense was reliant on the run with Lynch, but we don't have Lynch our our old o line so we need to cut somewhere, so where do we do it where there is cap space and an asset that will yield a high return?

zchurch74

Reaction score
Rodney Harrison, who was one of the best DBs of all time, will tell you Sherman is the best DB in the NFL. There is no such thing as a 100% shut down corner. Has he had a few bad games yes, but there have been games where quarterbacks won't even throw his way.

Meth is a very bad drug... stop posting nonsense

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
zchurch74":3kexidj8 said:
Rodney Harrison, who was one of the best DBs of all time, will tell you Sherman is the best DB in the NFL. There is no such thing as a 100% shut down corner. Has he had a few bad games yes, but there have been games where quarterbacks won't even throw his way.

This a forum for discussion and you insinuate that I am a meth head? GFY

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
zchurch74":2iwc0txf said:

This a forum for discussion and you insinuate that I am a meth head? GFY

misfit

Reaction score
Where does this stuff come from? Why would we want to make our CB situation a glaring problem?

You aren't gonna get a sherm in the draft, even in the top 5. Plus you have a hit in dead money I believe as well.

Maybe we should trade Russ since he just had his worst season.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I agree in spirit, we should unload a couple names for picks or players this offseason, but not Sherman. His numbers this season were pretty consistent with his last couple years. They're not as sterling as his first three seasons because people target him a whole lot less.

We just resigned Bennett, so he'll stay, but with the emergence of Clark, I'd be willing to part with Avril. I love the dude, but his stock is as high as it's ever been right now, coming off his first Pro Bowl election. And I'd let Graham go provided his money went directly into the O-line. He does draw double coverage still, so without that, we'd better have a running game to keep defenses honest.

For the right price, maybe a 1st and 2nd, I'd part with Kam. I don't expect his stock to rise much higher, and he's been battling injuries.

Sherman and Earl stay to lead the defense, Wilson and Baldwin lead the O.

hoxrox

Reaction score
He lost a step this season and his penalties are becoming a liability. Not currently worth his contract, imo. Gonna need to up his game instead of resting on his laurels.

Would not be opposed to trading him on the right deal.