• Yes

Votes: 63 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 49.2%

• Total voters

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1xbnf4dj said:
The only place I could see him on this team is backing up Chancellor. He seemed to lose a step last season and could still be effective as a SS

I like this, could see it, I don't really want him at corner though. I love BB think he's a play maker but currently we have better truer CB's playing those positions.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Visiting the patriots soon. First BB plays across from Sherman, now Revis? Good move for BB and patriots if he signs there IMO.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Sign him and let him compete for a spot.
He can be insurance in case the #1 or 2 CB goes down.
He could be insurance if Kam goes down.
He could line up against TE's.
He could shadow Kaep and I think he is fast enough and strong enough to handle that job.

kearly

Reaction score
This is one of the rare times when Seattle goes on the record saying they won't sign a guy back, that he's done in Seattle. So that would be a no.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Revis & Browner would make their defense a lot better. Patriots could rep the AFC in the Super Bowl this year if they get a great receiver in the draft.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder what type of contracts BB and Thurmond end up getting. Probably no more than a couple Million tops. Maybe 1 yr deals. Would like to see Browner with the Pats, just so he can stay out of the NFC. He might make a good Pittsburgh player. Whomever signs him will be without him for 4 games.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I think BB is going to try to get $$$ over wins. It would be a slick signing for the patriots but also don't think they will be the highest bidder. Seems like raiders would wing it at this point with a multi year deal.

I find it odd the Thurmond hasn't really gotten attention. Has the ability to start on some team.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I hope we don't bring him back. Maxwell is obviously better, there's no benefit to having, why would you want to waste a roster spot on him when you could be grooming a young player.

Seafan

Reaction score
He's going to forfeit 8 game checks. If his agent and the team are smart they'll make his contract for the first year very small with a large signing bonus or roster bonus. Then he loses next to nothing.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
He is a big strong physical guy. He also played only eight games last year, will be thirty at the start of the 2014 season, is suspended for the first four games of same season and honestly can't be trusted at this point to play by the rules and stay eligible. IMHO we can do better.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
j hawk":8ldw66qu said:
Hate to use a roster spot on someone who will miss the first 4 games and could be out of the league for failing a pee test. Hawks need all thier roster spots in case of injuries etc.Hope we go young in the secondary.
All the better. He knows this is his last chance, and he's really cheap depth.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
joeshaney":3nwngu05 said:
Nope, unless someone gets injured AND we don't draft a corner.
So, you thinking he'd make a lousy backup?
Browner has value to other teams, in that he could potentially take what he's learned, being on the inside, and help another team progress in a shorter time.
I would only hope that he wouldn't feel slighted, and go to someone like Arizona, St Louie, or San Fran, to prove that he still has value.
The guy still has some mad beast physicality, and the fact that he may still be fast enough to chase down A.P. like he did, tells me that he hasn't yet run out of fuel.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Can you imagine how awkward it'd be if they asked BB who was better between Sherman and Revis? What exactly do you say?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Throwdown":csmycyep said:
Can you imagine how awkward it'd be if they asked BB who was better between Sherman and Revis? What exactly do you say?

I'm sure he would just dodge the question, laugh it off or compliment both equally or whatever. I can easily imagine that being asked though.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2gyzkvjj said:
After coming to an agreement with Darrelle Revis on Wednesday, the New England Patriots are set to kick the tires on another former Pro Bowl cornerback.

According to Mark Ockerbloom of FOX 25 News in Boston, the Patriots are set to host former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner for a visit on Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -patriots/

The Redskins are a set to host a former Pro Bowl cornerback on a free agent visit.

Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is scheduled to meet with the Redskins on Thursday night, PFT’s Mike Florio reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -redskins/