Do You Buy the Card's Hype?

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
They got a defense, not doubting that. But here's my problem with it...

They had A TON of sacks last year! Kolb didn't even have a chance. Did they fix it? Only if you think Cooper will stop the likes of Long, Quinn, Avril, A. Smith etc...

In my eyes Palmer = sitting duck

^That means he's the new Kolb... except slower. Not good and not buying it! Tell the media that.

heyu123

Reaction score
I didn't know they had hype...?

I am buying them as 6-10 ish. After seeing almost all Palmer's games the last few years since the Raiders are always on local TV, he completely sucks. I just don't see how that offense is going to compete vs the NFC West defenses.

pehawk

Reaction score
Everyone sucks in Oakland, so, that's not fair.

heyu123

Reaction score
Well, Arizona isn't much of a step up over Oakland.lol

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":2u07wo4s said:
They got a defense, not doubting that. But here's my problem with it...

They had A TON of sacks last year! Kolb didn't even have a chance. Did they fix it? Only if you think Cooper will stop the likes of Long, Quinn, Avril, A. Smith etc...

In my eyes Palmer = sitting duck

^That means he's the new Kolb... except slower. Not good and not buying it! Tell the media that.
You lost me at they got a defense. They kicked Ray Horton out of AZ, thus them having a defense is as yet a matter of theory.
But then again, I should give you props for not talking about your own team. Unlike Niner ass-orifices.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Still the cardinals? Yup
Still in AZ? Yup
Carson Palmer is their QB? Yup

I'm scared of what exactly?

pehawk

Reaction score
They'll be 7-9, maybe 8-8 like the Rams.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1d4bcc50 said:
I buy cards hype as much as I buy rams hype.

BOOM! You're gonna owe me some crow for that one, pal. That was dirty...

Please remember you owe me because I'll forget. Surprise me, ok? Cool... :D

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Ya know what? You guys are right, compared to the Hawks and Niners they aren't getting much hype at all. This really was a bigger issue on Rams boards, actually. Some analysts, like Football Gameplan, have the Cards doing better than the Rams. I found that to be appalling. I guess they were the "flavor of the week" or something. I'm not hearing near as much now, kinda old news. I guess they looked at who their tackles were. That'll do it!

kearly

Reaction score
Hype? You mean the St. Louis Cardinals, right? Yeah, they're pretty good.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
They had a solid defense last year and who knows what they can do with Palmer. The rams are getting better and better every year too with a good defense. Sooner or later something is going to give and one of these teams are going to put it together. I don't see a problem with anyone saying one team is better than the other, when both have so much up in the air.

60niners

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":38wmzqo8 said:
They had a solid defense last year and who knows what they can do with Palmer. The rams are getting better and better every year too with a good defense. Sooner or later something is going to give and one of these teams are going to put it together. I don't see a problem with anyone saying one team is better than the other, when both have so much up in the air.
It's hard to get worse than 1-15...

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
pehawk":1vxbwd34 said:
They'll be 7-9, maybe 8-8 like the Rams.

This. They had huge issues on the Oline last year and now Cooper and Winston are going to look like Walter/Hutch compared to last years guys. They also got historically bad QB play. Palmer isn't Manning, but he's sure a hell of a lot better than Skolbley ever could be. I think they will be tough to play, assuming their D doesn't step back with the new coordinator.

amill87

Reaction score
I said it last year in preseason, that the Cards would be the worst team in the division and i even stood by that when they were 4-0. The reason is they are a really really bad team. Horton and that defense kept them from being the worst in the league and now they fired him and revamped the defense.

Arians is extremely overrated. He came out of nowhere and took a mediocre team to the playoffs with a cupcake schedule. Well this ain't the AFC and it sure as hell isn't the AFC south. I think Arians will be exposed quite quickly especially against the coaches in this division. Palmer will not save that team.

I feel Arians might one day bring them to relevance but it will not happen until he gets some more experience and that organization finally realizes they aren't just a few pieces away from being good and finally go into full rebuild and get some good core players to build the team around.

Claden

Reaction score
I didn't know about the hype. But, no. They'll finish last in the division.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Palmer's unquestionably better than Kolb. However, I'm not sold on Arians. I'm not saying he's bad or he'll suck, but I'm not sold AT ALL that he is/will be a good head coach.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I see 6-10 for them. They will never be relevant until they bite the bullet and go into full rebuild mode. Carson isn't likely to finish the season behind that OL coupled with Arian's 1970's offense. He's about as mobile as Drew Bledsoe it may get horrifically ugly in Glendale this year.

Latest posts