Do you think Lane is a better cover corner than maxwell?

kf3339

Reaction score
Seafan":126isr2l said:
Erebus":126isr2l said:
Seafan":126isr2l said:
jammerhawk":126isr2l said:
I suspect he's a better cover corner, but he's been more fragile. He's a good bit faster & quicker than Maxwell, but lacks the dominant physicality of Maxwell, and he's smaller.

I believe he'd be worth giving a nice sized short contract, which he might be interested in signing to stay in our scheme to show he could become durable.

When another team offers him $30 million he will sign. Next man up.

There is no way another team offers him that much. He's started 7 career games as a CB. Maxwell had a brilliant finish to the 2013 season and then was a starter for a full year. And not only that, but Maxwell's and Browner's recent performance has probably caused a lot of skepticism around the NFL about signing our corners.

I think the best offer he'll get will be from us.

Did you think that BMax would get $10m per season? Someone (Oakland, Atlanta, and others) will have no problem with offering Lane $6m a year, less than what Cary Williams made this season. Williams and Maxwell never made a Pro Bowl and got huge amounts of money. That's the nature of the position. Lane can play outside and inside and does it very well. He's going to get paid. I just hope it's not ARZ, SF or LA. It would be sweet if the Hawks step up and pay him. But if not.....next man up.

That's true about Maxwell, but he also heavily under performed for the Eagles this year. I would think other teams have noticed that as well and will be reluctant to dole out big money for another unproven Hawk CB with a history of injuries.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":2njzg02e said:
If Therold Simon stays healthy, he has a good chance to be better than both of them.
If healthy that boy will be the next Richard Sherman on the average end but health is HUGE in the NFL and even my stupid job.

Healthy? He's going to be a lock down type. Just like myself at my job IF I can just show up every time.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":twzqhrsb said:
rideaducati":twzqhrsb said:
If Therold Simon stays healthy, he has a good chance to be better than both of them.
If healthy that boy will be the next Richard Sherman on the average end but health is HUGE in the NFL and even my stupid job.

Healthy? He's going to be a lock down type. Just like myself at my job IF I can just show up every time.

Can he stay healthy? In my opinion, he's comparable to Paul Richardson......well, almost!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Exactly, healthy we have something big time. But that's the question.

On a personal note I mentioned my job because I'm looking at minimum 45 hours a week with over time counted weekly, not bi-weekly while in crutches. I'll show up. Will Simon? My regular shift guarantees 6 hours overtime. Like that will ever happen given I work with diabetes and other types of patients. The saving grace of my job is I never have to work on Sunday.