Does anyone else miss the old logo and colours?

groundchucklives

Reaction score
...u know the "classic 80's" silver green and blue Seattle uniforms and logo? Does anyone else miss that old school logo and colours or just me?? I prefer it to the current colours. :*(

sutz

Reaction score
"Miss" is kind of strong. I would love a throwback game where we wear adapted versions of them, but the curent colors are fine, too. :)

nwHawk

Reaction score
Grew up loving the original logo and colors, but I prefer the current flair. Go Hawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
Old colors are cool, but keep the current Logo with them instead of the more Totem look.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xg5kpgie said:
No. We won a championship with current colors and uniforms.

It was cause of uniform colors?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3alcy1aq said:
No. We won a championship with current colors and uniforms.

Regular Season Record With Old Uniforms: 188-206 (26 Seasons, 48% Wins)
Playoff Appearances: 5
Playoff Victories: 3 (All came in 1983 and 1984 seasons; the other 24 seasons this team didn't win one playoff game)
Super Bowl Appearances: 0
Super Bowl Wins: 0

Regular Season Record Wit Newer Uniforms: 167-120 (18 Seasons, 58% Wins)
Playoff Appearances: 13
Playoff Victories: 14
Super Bowl Appearances: 3
Super Bowl Wins: 1

I associate the old uniforms with mediocre and bad teams and pure irrelevancy. Nobody talks about Steve Largent outside of Seahawks fans now, and he's a HOFer. People will be bringing up Russell Wilson in 2050, and people across the country will still know his name.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":hmklquho said:
Old colors are cool, but keep the current Logo with them instead of the more Totem look.

The one big thing I want is to go to a Wolf Grey helmet. Keep the logo, and the blue tapered feathering stripe down the middle. That would look slick.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I'm of an age where I don't have any conscious memories of the Hawks playing in their pre-2002 uniforms, so there isn't any nostalgia at play for me. The old Hawk looks sleepy and lethargic, and the colors are decent but the uniforms are bland.

I much prefer the current look. And the old look isn't tied to any level of success.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I liked our old uniform, but I've always thought it looked too much like the Dallas Cowboys.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I prefer the new colors. They're unique and they say SEAHAWKS.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I was drawn to the "old-New" Reebok Uni's when Hasselbeck and Shawn were playing in the early 2000's. I've always been an NFC fan, and since the Seahawks moved from the AFC to the NFC I decided to pay more attention to them. I particularly HATE the AFC West- Broncos, Raiders, Chargers... So i'm really glad they moved over and then changed their uniforms. I think the Newest ones are amazing and I wouldn't want to go back to the old-school ones.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm literally a Seahawk fan because of the colours of the old uniform. They along with an alliterative name are the most important things when you have no geographical tie to an area and you are 8 years old watching 30 minute highlight shows of all the weekend's nfl games with your dad.

I wasn't a fan of the reebok shirts (although I've just bought a Hasselbeck one for some reason) but I do like our current colours. I'd be interested to see the new style hawk with the throwback colours.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I like the original colors and the new colors equally. Not a big fan of the Holmgren era denim jean blue and virtually no green.

The colors of the PNW are blue (ocean), green (forest) and grey (sky). They need to be well represented on the uniform.

i'd prefer to move to a more emerald green in keeping with the Emerald City moniker for Seattle but I like both the Navy and Wolf Grey colors.

PNW

Reaction score
I hope one day we can have throwback uniforms, I do miss the old ones from time to time.

ZLDRider

Reaction score
groundchucklives":5jjcfjn3 said:
...u know the "classic 80's" silver green and blue Seattle uniforms and logo? Does anyone else miss that old school logo and colours or just me?? I prefer it to the current colours. :*(

Nope. I like the newer blue unis.

Latest posts