Does this team matter ?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They also just held KC under 300 yards. They had several chances to not only be in that game with KC, but to win it. Which is ironic, because all I heard all week is that the Hawks had NO CHANCE to beat KC. They absolutely had a chance to win that game. In fact, they had several.
The only reason the Chiefs won that game is because they scored more points. Seattle won every other aspect of that game.

Especially pre game. Practicing shirtless in -10 degree weather was really smart, and they should make this a mandatory thing in every game. You could tell our guys had more energy than the Chiefs, especially late in the game

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They held KC to under 300 and still got blown out, and that's after several KC drops from open receivers that killed their drives. 24-3 until a garbage time TD.
If you see that game as a blowout, not sure what game you were watching. They absolutely could have won that game. Offense crapped the bed over and over again.
But again, they had "no chance" to beat KC. They had SEVERAL.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Oh Jerhawk
Jerhawk Magoo came closer on his preseason prediction than probably anyone else on this board. His crystal ball of 35 TDs and 4,500 passing yards for the Seahawks 2022 starting QB wasn't that far off. So he has bad eyesight, and assumed it was Drew Lock he saw in the crystal ball, and didn't realize it was actually Geno Smith? I'll have you know Jerhawk's crystal ball is a snow globe. Anyone could make the same mistake! So far the Hawks starting QB has 27 TDs and 3900 passing yards, and would hit Jerhawk's 4500 yards prediction with a couple 300-yard games.

Hats (and eyeglasses) off to Jerhawk Magoo! So just back off with your misguided ableist sharp-eyes elitism!!

I did PM Jerhawk that it's time for a visit to his optometrist, and he politely thanked me and told me he is not in need of a proctologist at this time. ;)

--------------------
Jerhawk":2ci9lbep said:
I'm telling you guys, Drew Lock is going to take this job and run with it.

Drew Lock will have at least 4,500 passing yards, over 35 TDs and will lead us to an 11 win season.

Quote it, book it.

knownone

Reaction score
Yes, I love my "Mighty" Seahawks !

Reality check time. IF we win out and make the play -offs, we can't match up to any high caliber play-off teams. Lets face it this season is over.

The only good thing left is draft positioning. Time to face the reality of the situation.

GO SEAHAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!
You could make this argument in 2010. We didn't match up against the former Superbowl champs that year, either.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk Magoo came closer on his preseason prediction than probably anyone else on this board. His crystal ball of 35 TDs and 4,500 passing yards for the Seahawks 2022 starting QB wasn't that far off. So he has bad eyesight, and assumed it was Drew Lock he saw in the crystal ball, and didn't realize it was actually Geno Smith? I'll have you know Jerhawk's crystal ball is a snow globe. Anyone could make the same mistake! So far the Hawks starting QB has 27 TDs and 3900 passing yards, and would hit Jerhawk's 4500 yards prediction with a couple 300-yard games.

Hats (and eyeglasses) off to Jerhawk Magoo! So just back off with your misguided ableist sharp-eyes elitism!!

I did PM Jerhawk that it's time for a visit to his optometrist, and he politely thanked me and told me he is not in need of a proctologist at this time. ;)

--------------------
Jerhawk":2ci9lbep said:
I'm telling you guys, Drew Lock is going to take this job and run with it.

Drew Lock will have at least 4,500 passing yards, over 35 TDs and will lead us to an 11 win season.

Quote it, book it.
I appreciate your support. I hope I'm replying to the right comment, I can't really see all that well.

It was a shot in the dark. But as the old saying goes: even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm the Collin Cowherd of .Net. Just with far fewer listeners and followers.

Thank you Geno for proving me right for once!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You could make this argument in 2010. We didn't match up against the former Superbowl champs that year, either.
12 point underdogs at home vs. the Super Bowl Champs. I mean, they had "NO CHANCE"s
Shoot, why bother playing the games? Glad the players don't feel like a lot of the fans.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
12 point underdogs at home vs. the Super Bowl Champs. I mean, they had "NO CHANCE"s
Shoot, why bother playing the games? Glad the players don't feel like a lot of the fans.
That was truly the beginning of something special, wasn't it? The 2010 season was like going on a 1st date. The relationship got more lively with each passing year. Then it ended in her cheating with another man (end if 49) but it was fun while it lasted

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When we got back to King St. for post game, we were all still laughing "we won?"
You could argue that was the best game that Matt ever played as QB in Seattle. What a night. And a perfect example of one thing: ANY TEAM CAN BE BEATEN ANY GIVEN SUNDAY etc.
And Marshawn ran right in to our end zone. Other than "the tip" that was the most crazy I went after a play in all the years of being a STH.
Some moments are etched in your memory for life.

cymatica

Reaction score
If you see that game as a blowout, not sure what game you were watching. They absolutely could have won that game. Offense crapped the bed over and over again.
But again, they had "no chance" to beat KC. They had SEVERAL.
What game were you watching? 17 - 3 at half. 24 - 3 with 4:42 left in the 4th. Seattle scored with 2:25 left putting them down by 2 scores. How is that not a blowout?

Yeah the offense crapped the bed, but KC's offense wasn't lighting it up, several drops from open receivers. Yeah they could have won, if they were a better team lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, you see it how you want. KC is an incredible team. But the Hawks had plenty of chances to get back in that game. Period.
But fine, Hawks suck. Better? My god there are a lot of miserable Hawks fans. FFS this place........

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
JFC, this place.

Another "let's lose for draft position rather than win & have some fun" thread.

cymatica

Reaction score
Fair enough, you see it how you want. KC is an incredible team. But the Hawks had plenty of chances to get back in that game. Period.
But fine, Hawks suck. Better? My god there are a lot of miserable Hawks fans. FFS this place........
Calling it a blowout when it's 24-3 with under 3 minutes left is not seeing it how I want, that's acknowledging reality. Sure they had chances, what's your point? The Broncos had chances in most their games, doesn't mean squat now.

I never said they suck, but I guess not deluding myself into thinking it was a close game somehow makes me miserable.

My god there are a lot of delusional Hawks fans.

Fade

Reaction score
With the great Clint Hurtt, and the wiley sage that had the foresight to promote him to DC, anything is possible!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Explain to me when the Seahawks had any chance in that game? They went up 17-3 in the first half then scored another touchdown at 4:42 in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks were down a whole two touchdowns for most of the game. In the 4th they went up by three whole touchdowns.

The Seahawks only scored their first touchdown at 2:25 left in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks were still down two touchdowns with only 2:25 left in the game. That is not being back in the game.

The Seahawks were never really in that game past the second quarter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They had the ball several times with a chance to make it a one score game. See it how you want. They absolutely could have won that game. I have a right to my opinion.
God forbid someone actually thinks the team could have won a game. Oh the horror.

I'm not saying it didn't feel like a blowout in the first half, it absolutely did. KC was stuck at 17 for much of the 2nd half. Hawks still had a shot, but the offense kept crapping the bed.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
We could have/would have won that game with an average defense and a better online, and a turnover or two. We'll get there eventually. How long will it take? A year? Five years? Who knows. That's what makes it compelling.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Average team right now, but the future is bright for sure. I just get blasted any time I say geNO isn't God, so I'll probably retire from that subject soon :)

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
First of all, its nice to know that I can still fire up the "true blue 12s"

The game day forum has been pretty negative as of late, its like they almost direct there negatives directly on to the field.

Our defense, (if you want to call it that) is a cheese grader with some good cornners. Our front seven are playing like they are in ankle deep mud with the grace of a cow on a skating rink.

You can have your hopes, me I'm looking forward to a good draft.

Cheers