Does this team matter ?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well said. We all look at it how we want to, and that's fine. KC still only had 297 yards of total offense. That's pretty damn good against that team.
But, to say this team needs pass rush would be a massive understatement. QB's are back there cooking up lunch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't help but think of the movie Meatballs..."It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Reality check time. IF we win out and make the play -offs, we can't match up to any high caliber play-off teams. Lets face it this season is over.

It doesn't have to be "If we can't win a SB I want to tank for draft position."

Ask the Jags how that plan's worked out with their bajillion 1st round picks and over a billion dollar spent on free agents over the past decade.

If we make the playoffs that means Geno and the rest of the team played well the last two games, which gives the entire organization confidence in him and the direction the team's going in 2023.

If we lose out and get what, 4-5 picks higher in the draft? Eh, not sure how that's more positive than making the playoffs in a year where everyone, and I mean EVERYONE thought the Hawks would win 4 games and be one of the worst teams in the entire league.

cymatica

Reaction score
They had the ball several times with a chance to make it a one score game. See it how you want. They absolutely could have won that game. I have a right to my opinion.
God forbid someone actually thinks the team could have won a game. Oh the horror.

I'm not saying it didn't feel like a blowout in the first half, it absolutely did. KC was stuck at 17 for much of the 2nd half. Hawks still had a shot, but the offense kept crapping the bed.
You can make all the excuses you want, 24-3 with under 3 minutes to play is getting dominated. Your laugh emoji that you always use to try and belittle someones post only seems clever in your head

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
KC was just one game, one game.

I think of the movie "Yellow bread" where Chong orders Cheech to: "you may bang your head on the floor until you are forgiven " then he takes a nap.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You can make all the excuses you want, 24-3 with under 3 minutes to play is getting dominated. Your laugh emoji that you always use to try and belittle someones only seems clever in your head
Not belittling anyone, I find your doom and gloom funny. But I'm glad you're thinking about me. Feel free to put me on ignore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Hey, I don't think they're going to make the playoffs. But then again, they are not out yet. But telling people that they should face anything, meh. People can fan how they want.

Nothing wrong with hope. Will it feel good to tell people that you were right about them failing? That's something I will never understand, bragging about being right about LOSING.

cymatica

Reaction score
Not belittling anyone, I find your doom and gloom funny. But I'm glad you're thinking about me. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Calling a spade a spade is not doom and gloom. You seem unable to cope with the fact they were dominated and have only 1 win since the bye.

It's also funny hearing the under 300 yards argument when Seattle beat up on teams for several years while getting out gained in yards. I guess whatever helps you justify the loss in your head.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Calling a spade a spade is not doom and gloom. You seem unable to cope with the fact they were dominated and have only 1 win since the bye.

It's also funny hearing the under 300 yards argument when Seattle beat up on teams for several years while getting out gained in yards. I guess whatever helps you justify the loss in your head.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the laugh. Sorry my opinion and view of the game hurts your feelings so much. Why so sensitive? You're taking this WAY too serious.
It's just a message board, we can agree to disagree.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
This team matters. This season matters. The most important aspect of this season and making the playoffs is proving that Me3 (yep another mention of the artist formerly known as, sorry kids) was lying through his teeth about being the one carrying this team to the playoffs. His inability to run an NFL offense without running around like a chicken with his head cut off held this team back for the past few seasons.

It is so funny that I hate Hurtt as much as I do and the fact that he has not been able to develop one lineman taken in a draft while he was on the team considering that he will be the one to determine whether we make the playoffs. If his defense can step up in the next two games we probably make it in and he probably keeps his job this offseason, which I will not be happy with.

However, making the playoffs is vital to building this teams mental fortitude going forward. The defense finally showed some interest in the Niners game and played better. Hopefully they can maintain the interest for five six more games.

cymatica

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the laugh. Sorry my opinion and view of the game hurts your feelings so much. Why so sensitive? You're taking this WAY too serious.
It's just a message board, we can agree to disagree.
That's funny, because you,'re the one who calls people doom and gloomers for pointing out the obvious. You seem unable to accept any opinion that doesn't involve pure optimism

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You clearly haven't seen many of my posts. I've actually been accused of flipping to the doom and gloom side, or at least for being a little negative. But ok.

I think I'm gonna' just lurk for a while. Go Hawks