Does this team matter ?

Chawker

Reaction score
Yes, I love my "Mighty" Seahawks !

Reality check time. IF we win out and make the play -offs, we can't match up to any high caliber play-off teams. Lets face it this season is over.

The only good thing left is draft positioning. Time to face the reality of the situation.

GO SEAHAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Every game matters. This team really needs to go all out to successfully back into the playoffs.

From there, will they be destroyed by the Vikings? It depends on the time of kickoff.

I firmly believe that WHEN this team makes the post season, they will wipe the floor with anyone they face. The league will be put on notice.

This ferocious front 7 will feast on opposing offenses. I can't wait to see this team in January and February action

GemCity

Reaction score
Still a threat. Would I bet my mortgage on it? Definitely not.

But, the energy, tenacity, and focus of some teams come playoff time has resulted in some serious upsets over the years.

Still labeling this as a rebuild…imagine hitting the playoffs while our rookies get invaluable experience, vets like Geno emerge or do their thing, all while being in a position to do some serious damage in this next draft.

Let’s Ri….Let’s Fly!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I am trying to see it as a win-win. If they make the playoffs, cool. Even if it's over after 1 game, in an ugly manner, making the playoffs is an accomplishment for this team based on what was expected going into the year. And if they miss out, well they move ahead of all those teams they are fighting with in the middle of the pack in draft order.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We'll see soul, but I bet I'm right.
So you want to be right about them NOT making the playoffs. How very dot negative.

I look at it like this: Playoffs FOR THIS TEAM start on Sunday. Get that W, then they continue the following Sunday. They are now in a win or go home situation starting this Sunday. This team was supposed to suck, we are going to see football that matters in January. I'll take it, and enjoy every second of it.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Roughly 6 months out of the year there is no football. Sure, there are the occasional spring leagues but who really watches that? The first 3 months of the offseason (whenever it starts) I attempt to fill the football-less void by diving into the draft to get a handle on potential future Seahawks players.
Post draft, I learn more about the guys drafted and signed in FA.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the team building process but it definitely falls short of watching an actual game. As of right now, we are guaranteed 2 more Seahawks games until that long 6 months of waiting until the next kickoff.
Make the playoffs? Sign me up every season for that experience. But but they suck, they will be destroyed, it’s not worth losing the potential draft position when an all universe best player ever will be available in those 2-3 picks earlier if they don’t make the playoffs.
Anyone ever heard of “a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush”? I don’t know if the Seahawks will make the playoffs or not. I hope they do. Like I have for every year since 1976. Nothing is guaranteed but if I get to watch even one additional not expected Seahawks football game this season, count me in! Anything can happen. They could win or they could have the floor mopped with them. I don’t care(ok, yes I do. I want playoff wins), because when I look at the schedule as soon as it’s released, I count 20 games including preseason that my ass will be planted firmly in front of my TV or hopefully at the stadium watching a Seahawks football game.
That’s it. That’s all we are guaranteed. Nothing more unless they earn it. Is backing into the playoffs earning it? Yes it is. Is getting into the playoffs with a team with lots of perceived hole’s earning it? Yes it is. Not every team gets into the playoffs.
Playoff football is not guaranteed for any team. Look at the teams this season, that were regarded highly going in that will be sitting out the playoffs. You think that Rams/Broncos Christmas Day game wasn’t considered a potential Super Bowl matchup when the schedule came out?
Just remember the Seahawks were a team regarded by most as a team vying for one of the top draft picks in 2023. They are vying for a top draft pick, while at the same time with a realistic viable chance to make the playoffs. Sounds like a win win scenario to me.
Yes, they matter.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I want them to make the playoffs if for no other reason of being another feather in our cap in the history of Seattle Seahawks lore. It's an accomplishment, you set goals and you try to achieve them. When I look at the Seattle Seahawks all-time franchise record page on Pro-Football-Reference.com in five, ten, twenty years, I want to see a playoff appearance listed next to 2022. That is what matters in the long run, not if we drafted at number 18 or number 19 or whatever in 2023.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
This team fairly handily beat two teams that are currently in the playoffs (one of which has already locked up a playoff spot), so... yes? If the team that showed up during that win streak shows up in the playoffs, we would be a tough out for anyone. (Well, except maybe the Niners this year).

The reality of the situation is that the NFL is an any given Sunday league. Any team that makes the playoffs can beat any other team. Nobody thought Matt Hasselbeck and Marshawn Lynch were going to drop the defending Super Bowl Champs in one of the most enjoyable playoff games I've ever seen.

#6 seeds have won as many Super Bowls as the #3 seeds.

The 2-win Houston Texans took Kansas City to overtime, and only lost in the final minutes to Dallas. The Niners who dominated us? One of their losses this year is to the hapless Chicago Bears. KC got beat by the Indianapolis Colts.

Literally everybody can beat everybody in this league.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
There is nothing I've seen from this team to provide hope for this season. But I'm still going to drive down to Seattle to attend those last two games. And I'm still going to cheer for them to win, because that's what they are paid to do. I never cheer for my team to lose. I don't believe that intentional losing ever builds a better future. "Suck for Luck" didn't bring the golden era to Indy.

Go hawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team fairly handily beat two teams that are currently in the playoffs (one of which has already locked up a playoff spot), so... yes? If the team that showed up during that win streak shows up in the playoffs, we would be a tough out for anyone. (Well, except maybe the Niners this year).

The reality of the situation is that the NFL is an any given Sunday league. Any team that makes the playoffs can beat any other team. Nobody thought Matt Hasselbeck and Marshawn Lynch were going to drop the defending Super Bowl Champs in one of the most enjoyable playoff games I've ever seen.

#6 seeds have won as many Super Bowls as the #3 seeds.

The 2-win Houston Texans took Kansas City to overtime, and only lost in the final minutes to Dallas. The Niners who dominated us? One of their losses this year is to the hapless Chicago Bears. KC got beat by the Indianapolis Colts.

Literally everybody can beat everybody in this league.
Here you go making sense again. Great post Dark. Still gotta' lace em up. People literally just assuming they will get smoked?? Then why even play the games if you somehow KNOW that a team has no chance??? ANY team can be knocked off at any time. Especially in the playoffs.
You just have to be the better team THAT PARTICULAR DAY

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I don't believe that intentional losing ever builds a better future. "Suck for Luck" didn't bring the golden era to Indy.
I remember when Michael Crabtree was coming out of college for the draft. Everyone wanted him. They all thought he was hot shit and would have given up a kidney to draft him. They wanted their team to tank every game for a chance to draft Crabtree. So f-ing tarded. For what? For who? In the immortal words of Richard Sherman, Crabtree just turned out to be a mediocre receiver. You NEVER lose on purpose, under any circumstances.

If the Seahawks ever tanked a bunch of games on purpose, we should all rise up and file a class action lawsuit against the team for defrauding us. That's how stupid the idea is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They also just held KC under 300 yards. They had several chances to not only be in that game with KC, but to win it. Which is ironic, because all I heard all week is that the Hawks had NO CHANCE to beat KC. They absolutely had a chance to win that game. In fact, they had several.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with thinking your team will make the playoffs. If they do, great. If not, at least go down swinging.
I hope they make it. Do I think they're good enough to do damage in the playoffs? Not really. Doesn't mean they CAN'T or that they have NO CHANCE of winning though.

First things first: GET A WIN ON SUNDAY. Then we can see if any of it lines up.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Just enjoy football because off-season is around the corner..Our team had already exceeded my expectations this year with game one.

cymatica

Reaction score
They also just held KC under 300 yards. They had several chances to not only be in that game with KC, but to win it. Which is ironic, because all I heard all week is that the Hawks had NO CHANCE to beat KC. They absolutely had a chance to win that game. In fact, they had several.
They held KC to under 300 and still got blown out, and that's after several KC drops from open receivers that killed their drives. 24-3 until a garbage time TD.