Done waffling, ready for my prediction

THE TABS

Reaction score
I've been on the fence for this game for the entire two week wait. Not like last year, when I thought the game would be like Dallas-Buffalo from 20 years ago, and that the Seahawks would romp, with Percy Harvin taking the second half kickoff to the house (my bold prediction for the game).

This game, I've thought all along that this is a coin flip, and too close to call. Now that we are approximately two hours until kickoff, this is how I feel.

Seattle destroys finesse teams. The Patriots are basically the AFC version of the Green Bay Packers, whom we've beaten twice this season. The one team in the AFC that's even remotely similar to our style of play is Baltimore, and they've always given the Patriots fits over the years. Going back to the last two Super Bowls that they've lost to the Giants, they don't respond well when punched in the mouth, and if you're going to beat us, you have to be able to trade punches with us.

Now, looking back to some of the games we lost this season (Chargers, Cowboys, Chiefs), in those games, those teams were able to get themselves into a lot of 3rd-and-manageable situations. They ran the ball, chewed clock, kept our defense on the field, and our offense couldn't stay on it due to not being able to establish any rhythm. The Patriots are certainly capable of doing that, provided that their offensive line gives Tom Brady time to throw.

What I'll be watching for is whether or not the Patriots can run up the middle, which is our one vulnerability. No matter which running back gets the bulk of their carries, he'll have to be able to get the tough yards there. They do that, and we'll really be in for a battle.

Also, I loved how the defense was able to stiffen up in the red zone against Green Bay two weeks ago, and repeating that performance will be crucial. We held Green Bay to one offensive touchdown, and if we limit the Patriots to one touchdown, I love our chances.

A lot has been made of the Patriots defensive philosophy of taking away the primary weapon of the opposing offense, which of course is Marshawn Lynch. News flash fellas; every single team we've played for the last 3 years has tried to do the same damn thing, and they rarely succeed. We can run the ball on ANYBODY, and the Patriots have struggled against the run.

I believe that the team that wins this game will be determined by the play of both offensive lines, and in this case, I give the edge to us. The Patriots are weak against the run, and haven't recorded a sack this post season, which somewhat negates one of our biggest weaknesses; pass protection. I think we come out swinging, land the body blows, and establish our physical style of play. On top of everything else, Russell Wilson is MONEY under the bright lights of the national stage. Don't bet against that guy in this situation.

I'm predicting 23-17 Seahawks. Luke Willson is game MVP. Hawks rule, cuz THE TABS said so!

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Luke Willson is sitting right now at 100/1 odds of getting MVP. May be a good bet.