Dont apologize.

Reaction score
I know that right now its tough to be subjective, but I think people aren't giving the Hawks enough credit for winning the game in crunch time. Iam seeing alot more Green bay fans, and Seattle fans saying we got a gift, and got lucky to win the game. We had more yards rushing, and passing , the time of possession was slightly in favor of Green Bay.
My point is we played the worst game I can remember for roughly three quarters of the game, and still won!
We made play after play in the fourth quarter, and overtime, any one of several plays they come up with we lose.
Football is a game of four quarters, and Game changing plays we won the most important battle, the battle of big plays.

My hats off to Green Bay your defense played as well as I can remember them playing in recent years.
Your QUARTERBACK is great , you have much to be proud of! You played well enough to win, but came up short.
Heres to many more epic battles in the future.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
I like the fact that people think we "got lucky" to be back in the Superbowl. This team plays better when fans and media doubt them.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I can't think of one "lucky" play. We hung in there and won it straight up. The last 3 possessions we scored 3 TDs. Green Bay couldn't stop us with their D. After we stopped shooting ourselves in the foot, we easily moved the ball. GB chose not to lose rather than try to win after the last int. They failed on the onside kick, we succeeded. No fluke Plays or bad calls by a ref. we played like crud for 55 minutes and Green Bay flat out stopped playing D the final 5 mins + OT.

If someone says we were lucky, please have them explain at what point we were lucky.

Riley12

Reaction score
Chawks1":306azqfb said:
I can't think of one "lucky" play. We hung in there and won it straight up. The last 3 possessions we scored 3 TDs.

And the D held the Packers to 3 points in the second half.

No apologies needed for that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Every great team gets lucky. So hell yes we were lucky today, but no apologizing for that.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
The onside kick where the guy from their "hands team" let the ball bounce off his face...I know the kick was high and slow to allow everyone to get into a cluster and hope for that kind of thing to happen, but it was still kinda lucky.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Turnover differential was +3 for GB. One of post game shows had a stat: The record for +3 teams is 44-2. Don't recall over what period of games this was.

Yeah, some luck, but mostly gritty determination.

Chawks1

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":38to1m4u said:
The onside kick where the guy from their "hands team" let the ball bounce off his face...I know the kick was high and slow to allow everyone to get into a cluster and hope for that kind of thing to happen, but it was still kinda lucky.

No, he wasn't supposed to touch the ball. His job was to block Chris Matthews so Jordie Nelson could catch it. 3rd string TE blew his assignment. Bad football. We executed our assignments on that play.

Sad thing too is his coach and teammates all are throwing him under the bus in the post game comments. He didn't lose it for them but it certainly didn't help.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The two point conversion was also very fortunate(but still Seahawks making plays) but other than that you have to give credit to the Seahawks for making the plays to win this game. Green Bay did not hand this game over with mistakes. We almost did however.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Packers were lucky to be in the game as long as they were. They were lucky that Russell Wilson had the worst day of his career and kept giving the Packers the ball on lucky bounces.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
On the 4th INT, the defenders didn't even try to return the ball. They just fell down like there was 1 minute left in the game. He had blockers lined up and could have probably returned it close to FG range.

But Green Bay (like many of us) felt that the game was over at that point so they went into celebration mode. As fans, we can feel like the game is over. As players, you can't do that. If they had given any effort on that play, the outcome may have been different.

The Hawks fought to the end. The Packers fought for 55 minutes and went into early celebration.

Luck had nothing to do with it, it was all mindset.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The story of the game is one team was clutch in Q4 while the other melted down after being gift-wrapped short field Q1-3

StoneCold

Reaction score
An unapologetic face.

Attachments

• fan1.jpg
    fan1.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 827

rjdriver

Reaction score
I won't apologize for those goal line stands limiting the Pack to two FG's either. Defense played boss even though they gave up more points than they usually do. They also did it with two all pro's hurt during periods of the game.

boykster

Reaction score
No words......I feel like Russel in his post game interview with the tears....

We kept the faith. and that onsides kick / recovery the 11 of us at the house might have registered on the seismic monitors.....

drdiags

Reaction score
I felt like the Falcons were lucky after the Seahawks epic comeback. Doesn't change history so whatever makes folks sleep at night.

I am on to New England.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not know how you get your ass handed to you for three and a half quarters and gut out a win by out performing the other team luck.. Baffles me!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Told my friend early on green bay would regret settling for field goals early. They had a chance to deliver a first round body blow but opted to go for the quick jabs.

The only lucky play was the 2 point conversion. And if that fails, the preceding kickoff and defense lol different so maybe they don't even score and we win by 1.

The quick 3 runs by GB at the end were exceptionally cowardly. They had a chance to put the game away. The Seahawks took advantage of every opportunity late and won.

Latest posts