I dont feel good about today

Welshers2

Reaction score
I say this because I have discounted and doubted the Huskies and been wrong at every turn this year. Me picking against them seems to be working, so it's in the best interest of the team if I do so again.

Hopefully the trend continues and my negativity will lead to a Husky win. They always prove me wrong. But once again I don't feel good about their chances to win this game.

I think Texas may be to big for UW on the offensive and defensive lines. Hope I'm wrong but if I was a gambling man I'd say Texas by 10+

Vesuve

Reaction score
OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Nobody knows...that's what makes it entertaining to watch.

FWIW, the line is:

• Texas vs. Washington spread: Longhorns -4
  • Texas vs. Washington over/under: 63.5 points
Yep well I've picked against rhythm every big game so I'm hoping if I pick against them again they'll pull it out. But I'm predicting texas covers, and even wins by 10+

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I say this because I have discounted and doubted the Huskies and been wrong at every turn this year. Me picking against them seems to be working, so it's in the best interest of the team if I do so again.

Hopefully the trend continues and my negativity will lead to a Husky win. They always prove me wrong. But once again I don't feel good about their chances to win this game.

I think Texas may be to big for UW on the offensive and defensive lines. Hope I'm wrong but if I was a gambling man I'd say Texas by 10+
Welshers, you’re a good poster and I enjoy your content. Except this.

UW will beat Texas today!

Let’s gooooo!!!!

NoGain

Reaction score
What's new, Welshers2 selling the Huskies short again. LOL. We have a huge offensive line that won the award for best offensive line in the country recently. We are virtually without weakness on offense now that everyone is healthy. Texas is ranked 95th in the country in pass defense. So they're suddenly going to become formiddable against the pass against the team with the best receiving corp in the nation? The only thing our offense was lacking was a strong running attack, but that has come on like gangbusters the last half of the season with Dillon Johnson becoming one of the better backs in the country.

I have no fear of Texas from a strictly talent, coaching, and play-making perspective. They are simply not better than us in any of these arees. Sure, they could win the game, it's close to a toss up going into it. But they're not some force of a team to fear.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
What's new, Welshers2 selling the Huskies short again. LOL. We have a huge offensive line that won the award for best offensive line in the country recently. We are virtually without weakness on offense now that everyone is healthy. Texas is ranked 95th in the country in pass defense. So they're suddenly going to become formiddable against the pass against the team with the best receiving corp in the nation? The only thing our offense was lacking was a strong running attack, but that has come on like gangbusters the last half of the season with Dillon Johnson becoming one of the better backs in the country.

I have no fear of Texas from a strictly talent, coaching, and play-making perspective. They are simply not better than us in any of these arees. Sure, they could win the game, it's close to a toss up going into it. But they're not some force of a team to fear.
You should be thanking me, if I sell the Huskies short they will win. NoGain raging again!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

That aged well. Were it not for that muffed punt or the ridiculous time management stuff, this game isn't close. They controlled the entire game.

Not running the ball on 4 occasions, ending with incomplete passes was brutal. After UW recovered that fumble, 3 straight incomplete passes. You GOTTA' run the damn ball at least a couple times to eat up clock, and/or make them use timeouts. Then the 3rd down incompletion before UW's final FG. Come on man, run the ball, make them use a timeout, 13 point game with less than 3 minutes, and they would have one timeout. I love this team so damn much and I was all in all game. It just drives me crazy how they won't run the damn ball to eat up clock when they have a lead.
But, playing for the National Championship!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
That aged well. Were it not for that muffed punt or the ridiculous time management stuff, this game isn't close. They controlled the entire game.

Not running the ball on 4 occasions, ending with incomplete passes was brutal. After UW recovered that fumble, 3 straight incomplete passes. You GOTTA' run the damn ball at least a couple times to eat up clock, and/or make them use timeouts. Then the 3rd down incompletion before UW's final FG. Come on man, run the ball, make them use a timeout, 13 point game with less than 3 minutes, and they would have one timeout. I love this team so damn much and I was all in all game. It just drives me crazy how they won't run the damn ball to eat up clock when they have a lead.
Marshawn Lynch approves this message.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's a phenomenal coach. His coaching staff is amazing. I just feel like they are WAY too aggressive at times.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score

At this point I'm superstitious about it. They win every time I pick them to lose so I have to keep picking against them. Michigan will win the title by 20

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey man, it works. PLEASE do it again :)

My point is that the Dawgs were CLEARLY the better team in that game. Score and finish did not come close to showing that.
Crickets from Booger Mcfarland, who said that "Washington doesn't play big boy football"

If I had Twitter, I would have blasted him. But he has to live with being that stupid. And I highly doubt he eats crow.

NoGain

Reaction score
Agree. We were the better team, at least for that game. Should have been ahead at the half. The game hould never have gotten as close as it did at the end. I did not fear Texas going in. I truly thought we should have been the favorites, that the line was backwards

I love this coaching staff. They are super talented and seem to have a great and effective rapport with their players. I do at times, however, scratch my head at some of the calls or strategies they employ during a game, like continuing to throw the ball down field in the pouring rain against Oregon State when our run game was working.

But these are largely quibbles. You can't argue with the success they've had, especially when the classes we've recruited aren't ranked anywhere near teams like Alabama, Georgia, Texas, etc...