Don't give up hope

W

Welshers

Pete and Russel always adjust. We played a terrible football game today, but we still have a chance to beat the Rams and win the division. Bad games happen, the Chiefs had a few last year. We are still 8-4 and it's too early to throw the towel in on the season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete and Russ never adjust. How do you not realize that?

SlickRick

Reaction score
Over reaction after the game. Just R.E.L.A.X folks. If you want an excuse just remember the Seahawks just played Monday 6 days ago. It was a short week their worn out

Just relax & they'll pick up the W next week. Keep moving forward. Short weeks are never the hawks best performance's

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SlickRick":wmoqp3fh said:
Over reaction after the game. Just R.E.L.A.X folks. If you want an excuse just remember the Seahawks just played Monday 6 days ago. It was a short week their worn out

Their worn out what?

I know Pete's coaching style is worn out.

SlickRick

Reaction score
JustTheTip":h88lm8wv said:
SlickRick":h88lm8wv said:

Their worn out what?

I know Pete's coaching style is worn out.

Relax the W is coming next week

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great positive post.

I'm not there tonight. These late season clunker games are so old by now.
Wilson only shows up for prime time.

Pete Carroll has overstayed his welcome. There was zero excuse to lose today. Zero! The entire franchise should be ashamed.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

SlickRick":div22a1i said:

Just relax & they'll pick up the W next week. Keep moving forward. Short weeks are never the hawks best performance's
That's true, overall NFL teams have a terrible record playing Sunday after a MNF game.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Jerhawk":1x29vbmr said:
Great positive post.

I'm not there tonight. These late season clunker games are so old by now.
Wilson only shows up for prime time.

Pete Carroll has overstayed his welcome. There was zero excuse to lose today. Zero! The entire franchise should be ashamed.
Let's wait tell the season is over first. If this happens in the playoffs, OK I agree. But the playoffs are still coming and anything can happen.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
SlickRick":2ajye7em said:

Didnt they have 11 days rest before their last game and it was a poor pathetic performance too?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Sure, I have hope that they’ll lose in the divisonal round at New Orleans.

I have ZERO hope that they will win a Super Bowl.

SlickRick

Reaction score
BChawkfan":23rlp9iq said:
SlickRick":23rlp9iq said:

Didnt they have 11 days rest before their last game and it was a poor pathetic performance too?

But they manage to pick up the W so its forgiven. Years from now all people will see in the record books is W or L & the Seahawks no matter how ugly that game was walked out with the W

LTH

Reaction score
Welshers":1ldndw25 said:
Pete and Russel always adjust. We played a terrible football game today, but we still have a chance to beat the Rams and win the division. Bad games happen, the Chiefs had a few last year. We are still 8-4 and it's too early to throw the towel in on the season.

Football is a game of constant adjustment... I think we just got to give the giants D credit for playing a great game... the showed some flaws in the O now the Hawks are aware of it and they can work adjustments out before the playoffs....

There are no easy teams in the NFL just because the giants are 4-7 doesn't mean they suck... I thought the Giants game plan was very good... The Giants just played smash mouth football and beat the Hawks in the trenches... Hawks are really missing Shell! dispite the 4-7 record the giants a well coached disciplined team..they are leaders in their division and they are playing good ball right now...

Outside of those two big running plays I thought the Hawks D was solid and showed improvement the D gave up 17 but played admirably IMO... that's what we want to see...

I think the league has figured out how to get to Wilson... Carroll and Schotty need to make some adjustments on O and get rolling again...

no big deal tough loss....on to next week..

LTH

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
There’s NEVER adjustments..it’s actually embarrassing now little adjustments there are. Coming out of half time..when can you honestly say..oh we figured out the defense or their offense?!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have one headscratcher loss every year since Carroll has coached.

This isn't new.

That was the Giants game.

But the NFL lowered the playoff standards so there is no reason to give up hope for the playoffs. It would be difficult to miss them. We are almost assured of a wildcard.

No reason to give up hope. There is little chance this team misses the playoffs. This kind of game is completely familiar to us. No reason to be surprised.

tersal

Reaction score
Welshers":2zlhxpmx said:
I agree this was bad but still on track for the playoffs may see the Giants again.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is concerned about missing the playoffs. The concern is not being able to advance past the Divisional round once again. Or worse, the Wildcard round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We win most of our wildcard games.

We aren't winning any divisional playoff game but not sure why expecting that makes sense. We haven't won a divisional playoff game since our SB loss. Expecting Carroll to change just because he is older makes no sense.

But we will win our wildcard game. Almost certainly.

NJlargent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ssh04hg said:
We win most of our wildcard games.

We aren't winning any divisional playoff game but not sure why expecting that makes sense. We haven't won a divisional playoff game since our SB loss. Expecting Carroll to change just because he is older makes no sense.

But we will win our wildcard game. Almost certainly.

Not if it is the Giants.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Welshers":19yr56fp said:

Always adjust? What team have you been watching? Our entire offense is run, run, moonball. The runs were working early, so they stopped. The defense held the Giants scoreless for the first half, so they started playing soft in the second half. Idiots. Football is a simple game. If something is working, you stick with it until your opponent stops it. I said it after SB49 and I'll say it again. Pete Carroll will never coach this team to the SB again. Pete Carroll will never get this team to the NFCCG again. Peteball does not work against good teams unless you have superior talent to work with. I love my Seahawks but I don't wear blinders. This team is going to lose to Washington and the Rams. We'll see what happens in the other games.