Don't shoot! Kaepernick...

SNDavidson

Reaction score
There are plenty of reasons NOT to consider, for instance we don't want to eff with what Geno is cooking, distractions, etc.

But...

Could we do a few of those packages the Saints murdered us with? With their other guy?

Please dudes and gals, let's just leave the politics out of it, see how long we can discuss this like adults.... thanks! And yes, I'm a touch sorry for bringing him up, but think about it, just a package of plays, 95% run.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Though low odds, if we had that component on this offense, maybe we could just beat people 50 to 49 every week?

m0ng0

Reaction score
No thanks. It's a gimmick and we got burned and burned and burned and burned. Kaep has not played in a looooooong time, I doubt he would even accept being the "gadget guy" when we all know he wants to start and has shown nothing or done anything to deserve a backup role let alone a cursory evaluation. Dude is a pariah and we need to stop trying to jam a square peg in a round hole.

Honestly I don't think the guy wants to play football again because that is a huge commitment of time and I think he would rather keep doing whatever it is he is doing and continue to play the victim when funds run low.

Hard pass

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I am not philosophically opposed to Kaepernick for off-field reasons, but there are tons of younger prospects that we could look at for things like this, with fresher legs and whatnot.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Let Eskeridge take the snaps, he is plenty fast and maybe he can throw ?

Nunya

Reaction score
We have a QB that is playing great and backup QB that might be adequate in this system. Why would we even consider someone the did not impress in the 2 try-outs he recently put on and hasn't taken a snap for years?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sure if he can play LB. Keeping opponents from scoring is the issue. So many explosive plays giving up by the defense. Scoring 30+ points should be enough for a W. Unfortunately, it's not for the Seahawks.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Hahahah Dickson wants to run, give him a go, maybe he could punt one to Metcalf :)

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Interwebz say he's a free agent, and he is obviously a bigger frame, he could present real problems that teams would have to account for, he should be pretty cheap...

sdog1981

Reaction score
The dude is 34 years old and last played during the Obama administration. You could have googled any number of poor passing option QBs who are under the age of 25 before you posted this.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
How many more years do we have to hear and see Kaepernick posts about signing him? The average NFL career is less than 3 years. He hasn’t played in what 5 years? What is the shelf life of an unsigned unwanted crappy QB that had roughly one good year of NFL football on his resume?!