Don't shoot! Kaepernick...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Why the hell are we talking about Colin Kaepernick? What is with people's obsession with the guy? Colin Kaepernick has been out of the league for longer than he has been in it. Even on the 49ers he was a one read QB with spotty accuracy and really wonky mechanics. People rag on Wilson around here for being limited, yet the same people advocating for a QB with even bigger limitations.

Teams adjusted to Kaepernick and he struggled. You want to take that same one read and run QB that relied heavily on his athleticism at the age of what? 33? 34? and try playing him? I want what you're smoking. I'm not sure the guy could even beat someone like Lock in a footrace at this point -- that bodes terribly for a QB that depended on his athleticism.

Geno Smith is 20 times the passer than Kaepernick ever was.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Most of the times when teams try the one-main-QB-&-one-gimmick-QB approach, it ends in abysmal failure. Sure, there may be a few sparks here and there, but overall it's not worth the effort if you don't already have someone on the team that can do part-time wildcat stuff.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It's just that he DOES have fresh legs and DOES have a cannon, that's really it, I promise.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It's just that he DOES have fresh legs and DOES have a cannon, that's really it, I promise.
Does he though? He's 34 going on 35 years old and he hasn't played in the NFL for 10 years. Three presidential administrations have come and gone since Geno was drafted. We don't even need another QB and our backup is also an athletic QB with a big arm without the wear, tear and age. He wouldn't even be in NFL game shape.

What exactly does Kaepernick bring to the table? The answer is absolutely nothing. Let's not mention if Kaep is cut then it has the potential to become a media firestorm.

We don't even need another QB. I doubt he could even out perform Lock at this point.

flv2

Reaction score
There are plenty of reasons NOT to consider, for instance we don't want to eff with what Geno is cooking, distractions, etc.

But...

Could we do a few of those packages the Saints murdered us with? With their other guy?

Please dudes and gals, let's just leave the politics out of it, see how long we can discuss this like adults.... thanks! And yes, I'm a touch sorry for bringing him up, but think about it, just a package of plays, 95% run.
Is this your 3rd Kaepernick thread or your 4th?

Either way why not just read the responses in the previous threads because nothing has changed.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Either way why not just read the responses in the previous threads because nothing has changed.
Oh something has changed... We have a QB that is currently playing at a high level... WHICH MAKE THREADS LIKE THIS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
HAHA, it was just really impressive how they ran over our little faces with those packages, that's it, and yes this thread is hilarious.

Spohawks

Reaction score
OP says not to make the thread political but the only reason to bring him in is politcal.

What has he shown in the past 10 years that would put him above the best free agent out there?
Best arm? No.
Fastest? No.
Less drama? No.
Super Bowl champ? No.

He has been tried and he failed. Next topic.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's an interesting thought experiment, and Cam would actually be worth a look and is an actual passing threat as well. I think for Wildcat you want a larger bodied guy who easily runs through arm tackles, so that fits. Just no idea if Cam has much left in the tank, injuries and such, or if he would even accept such a role.

Given Waldron's roots... Has anyone seen K. Shanahan or McVay teams run Wildcat packages?

Overall, I think Pete & Co's attention is best spent on the D at this point. O is doing enough to win games, and now we can say their success isn't just against crap defenses.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OP says not to make the thread political but the only reason to bring him in is politcal.

What has he shown in the past 10 years that would put him above the best free agent out there?
Best arm? No.
Fastest? No.
Less drama? No.
Super Bowl champ? No.

He has been tried and he failed. Next topic.
I'm looking at this more as "would the Seahawks benefit from installing a Wildcat package like the Saints brutalized us with?" with Kraep only being an example of the type of athlete. It's unfortunate OP chose to mention Kraep in thread title. Kraep clearly is 1) Not interested in actually *playing* football; and 2) A shell of what he was, physically, at the peak of his powers. (The playoff game where Kaep destroyed Green Bay is IMO, peak Kaep)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Maybe bring in Kaepernick, Cam Newton, and Tim Tebow for an open competition to be the trick play QB? I'd pay to watch that competition, I think it would be entertaining beyond belief.

sdog1981

Reaction score

Not true, Kaepernick has gotten older since the last post.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Maybe bring in Kaepernick, Cam Newton, and Tim Tebow for an open competition to be the trick play QB? I'd pay to watch that competition, I think it would be entertaining beyond belief.
Yeah that's documentary material there, make them all live in the same house and eat nothing but spam and eggs for a month

WmHBonney

Reaction score
HAHA, it was just really impressive how they ran over our little faces with those packages, that's it, and yes this thread is hilarious.
That's just it. Those packages worked against OUR defense. They don't work against GOOD defenses. There is a reason why the Saints have a losing record.