Doug Baldwin getting mad at fans

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
"@DougBaldwinJr: If you come to the hotel and bother me for an autograph, I ain’t signing. Period."

Followed by:

"@DougBaldwinJr: How you find out where we stay on the road anyways…"

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Welcome to fame Doug. Sucks and it's BS that people do that, but better get used to it. It'll only get worse when you win the Super Bowl.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin Jr ‏@DougBaldwinJr 12m

“@sportypants38: what if a fan just happened to notice it was you at the hotel. Would you?” Of course, but when you stalking us to lunch…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doug Baldwin Jr ‏@DougBaldwinJr

@Mchristensen17 Na, these ‘fans’ trying to sell a product. Don’t get it twisted.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Pretty polite way of asking for a little bit of privacy if you ask me.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Don't worry, Doug. If I saw the Seahawks out at lunch, you wouldn't be the first person I walk up to for an autograph on that team. You wouldn't even be top 10.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1hi2cat4 said:
Don't worry, Doug. If I saw the Seahawks out at lunch, you wouldn't be the first person I walk up to for an autograph on that team. You wouldn't even be top 10.

Stupid response. Fans going to the team hotel to hound the players for autographs the day before the game deserve to get blasted.

Fan entitlement gets way outta hand all the time. Players don't owe autographs and pictures every damn place they go in public. Certainly not at the team hotel.

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1btgeyez said:
"@DougBaldwinJr: If you come to the hotel and bother me for an autograph, I ain’t signing. Period."

Followed by:

"@DougBaldwinJr: How you find out where we stay on the road anyways…"

What is the motive behind composing this misleading post?

Why hang a harassing problem on a fan community?

Why paint Doug Baldwin as mad at fans?

Has the tweet been misrepresented?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Doug can show his emotions on his twitter. He does it all the time and ends up looking foolish. He should just not tweet sometimes.

hawk45

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3on8ndr9 said:
Sounds like sports dealers.
You're probably right, but all one can tell from the first tweet is that Doug won't bother signing autographs at a hotel. I wasn't aware it was bad form to try to get autographs at a hotel (although I can see now why it might be, interrupting the players before a game), but this is another case of why guys in their 20s (oh heck, make that everyone of every age) should stay the hell away from a medium where your instant thoughts are broadcast.

Personally it doesn't bother me at all though if a player gets a little annoyed at something like that, the are human beings after all, and you're not thinking about the money and where it comes from at the moment of annoyance. It would take a mountain of discipline to always edit yourself perfectly. Again, that's where Twitter helps...not at all. A smart guy like RW, I guarantee you will only ever tweet positive things. When he's feeling pissy, he's savvy enough to know nothing good can come from picking up the phone or tablet or whatever.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the hotel bed.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
What a baby. Waaaah... Poor Doug. Undrafted. Gets embraced by a city, and a fan DARES to ask him for an autograph in a PUBLIC PLACE?!! Oh the nerve.

Be glad somebody wants your autograph Dougy. 2 years you'll be out of the league and begging for somebody to notice you if you have the average NFL player's career. Enjoy it while it lasts rather than being a wiener about it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
All the opinions on here yet nobody knows the full story. The hotels they stay at are supposed to be secret so that they can prepare for the game and study their game plan. Someone who finds out where that hotel is and interrupts what is going on may or may not be there by happenstance. What if it's a Panther fan just trying to start some crap?

What has Doug done in the past to make anyone think that he is a whiner? He has spent a lot of time giving back to the community, give him the benefit of the doubt for crying out loud.

The way I look at it this, I want my Seahawks to win, and a someone NOT associated with my team in the hotel bothering players, bothers me. Who else has this guy bothered? Just because Baldwin is the only one that responded doesn't mean he's the only one who has been approached.

There is a time and place for autographs, the team hotel, before a very important game is NOT the place!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
He can use room service and then not worry about being recognized and "harrassed". I am sure they are staying at a place that will bring a meal to him. Or he can go sit in a conference room and talk to guys and have them smuggle him out in a laundry cart and up the freight elevator to his room so nobody "bothers" him as he is moving from place to place "preparing".

I once saw Tim Raines refuse to sign autographs and he said, "Sorry, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the one time I get asked to pinch-hit this week" and then started cracking up. Everybody laughed, and left him alone. He INTERACTED POSITIVELY and still got out of signing for everybody. Not that hard. Doug could have done the same.

Steve Martin carries a big stack of business cards he had made that say something to the effect of "I met Steve Martin today and it was an amazing and enlightening experience" and then he autographs them. If somebody hounds him, he hands them a card and laughs and goes about his business.

There are better ways to fight this fight than Dougy is doing. If Steve Martin can handle the fans, I am sure a guy playing as a backup WR for the Seahawks can handle the "hordes".

chris98251

Reaction score
I think in uniform or at a function sure, private time and when they are in preperation is bad manners if you ask me.

I mean how would you feel if everyone walked in to the bathroom at home when you were doing your business and asked you a question or the phone rang and the wife or kids brought it in every time.

Close as I could come to how they must feel about intrusions.

12evanf

Reaction score
Signing autographs for adults that are only interested in making a profit off of you would get old fast. Although, I would make that decision with more discretion. Twitter was probably a bad way to address the issue.

Smellyman

Reaction score
gettings somebodys signature has always been the dumbest thing I have heard of.

never bothered

BillHawks

Reaction score
I'm not bothered by this. Hotel lobby? Sure, go ahead and ask for an autograph. While he's eating lunch? Pretty rude/selfish to interrupt something like that.

Plus for all we know it could have been a sports dealer with 10 hats or something.

Latest posts