DOUG BALDWIN

tersal

Reaction score
I really wish Doug Baldwin was here to enjoy the Let Russ Cook season.

Own The West

Reaction score
He's still alive, has cable TV, and lives in the area. Don't worry. ;)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
2015 was a Let Russ Cook season and Doug got great stats out of that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I don't miss him at all. Feel like the team and team chemistry is better without him. He wouldn't be happy being our WR3 and 4th or 5th option in the receiving game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't think it's a coincidence that Russ is playing better than ever. And if someone wants to read that as Doug hate, so be it. Loved Doug, but Russ is thriving w/out him in his ear all the time.

D

DomeHawk

ADB was our best possession/slot receiver. Where we miss him the most is in scramble drills. He needs to coach this current crop on that aspect of the game.

sutz

Reaction score
Baldwin is an integral part of the Seahawks WR tradition that goes all the way back to Steve Largent. Doug was a great representative of that tradition in his day, and from what I've heard from interviews Lockett attributes a lot of his game to Doug.

Yes, we're doing fine now, but Doug had his part in making it happen.

:2thumbs:

Threedee

Reaction score
Doug was an elite route runner like Largent. That said, thanks to his speed and athleticism, Lockett has the opportunity to be our second most accomplished WR if he sticks around and stays healthy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Threedee":1opmxnyf said:
Doug was an elite route runner like Largent. That said, thanks to his speed and athleticism, Lockett has the opportunity to be our second most accomplished WR if he sticks around and stays healthy.

Could be due to Doug seeking out Steve to pick his brain and learn how he did it and practice those techniques.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think this is the strongest wr core we've had....and we still might get Josh Gordon back.

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3magulg2 said:
I don't think it's a coincidence that Russ is playing better than ever. And if someone wants to read that as Doug hate, so be it. Loved Doug, but Russ is thriving w/out him in his ear all the time.

Last two years and first quarter 0f 2016 Russ has been perhaps the best quarterback in the league. I think it is more the new OC and OL coach.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I know I’m the minority but as good as Doug was him leaving was a good thing for Wilson. Baldwin took himself a little too seriously at times and blamed Wilson way too much when failure hit. Got old after a while.

toffee

Reaction score
Let's not forget the only QB Baldwin thanked in his long list of post retirement twits was Tarvaris Jackson. That led one to think that angry felt that Wilson's success was due to his prowess, in Angry's mind ... He was the king maker.

The reality? Baldwin's departure had NO effect on Wilson's performance or stats. If anything Russell Wilson gotten more successful without him.

Two things I can guarantee:

1. Bakdwin could not be as successful with Tarvaris Jackson as his qb.

2. Wilson will not want Baldwin on his team.

Great receivers such as Jerry Rice, always had their QBs' back, making sure to be best pals; because it's all about chemistry and trust. I followed Rice, Rice was my idol, and Baldwin ain't anywhere close to the likes of Rice.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Threedee":14lon0mg said:

If Lockett, DK, and Co. can walk their pedestrian asses to the Super Bowl a couple times over the next few years, definitely Lockett could eclipse Baldwin. That's really a pointless academic argument, IMO.

Here's the reality: Let's enjoy watching the Great Tyler Lockett work his magic on NFL defenses, catching passes from the Great Russell Wilson. Such precious gifts never last forever; enjoy it while it's here.

Lockett is simply phenomenal, and such a JOY to watch. I have no idea how he does what he does. I only know he keeps consistently doing it.

I'm sure that Baldwin was a helpful mentor to young Tyler. People too easily forget, though, that Lockett is himself the SON of an NFL wide receiver, and his father Kevin Lockett was an Academic All-American as well as an NFL wide receiver. Tyler broke a number of his father's Kansas State receiving records. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the biggest influence on Tyler Lockett, by far, is dad Kevin Lockett.

Much respect to the Great Doug Baldwin, a great Seahawk who deserves a place in the Ring of Honor. His contributions and seemingly impossible catches were key plays that helped win at least two games for us in 2013 (Carolina, Houston), got us HFA, and were the reason the 2013 NFCCG was in Seattle, not at San Fran. Glad we got to watch Angry Doug walk his pedestrian ass to the Super Bowl.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Maybe Baldwin has disdain for Wilson but there chemistry on the field was undeniable. Baldwin made a large number if difficult catches and stepped up in key moments in big games. He should never have to buy his own beer in Seattle.

With our current offense Lockette has assumed the role of play-making possession receiver. He's a much faster version of Baldwin. Baldwin is an all time Seahawk great but he would be competing or playing time with this group.

hawk45

Reaction score
Boohman14":2xkf72qf said:
Maybe Baldwin has disdain for Wilson but there chemistry on the field was undeniable. Baldwin made a large number if difficult catches and stepped up in key moments in big games. He should never have to buy his own beer in Seattle.

With our current offense Lockette has assumed the role of play-making possession receiver. He's a much faster version of Baldwin. Baldwin is an all time Seahawk great but he would be competing or playing time with this group.
I think Baldwin would murder nickel corners in the slot with Lockett and DK out there. He’d play, but he wouldn’t play 1 or 2.

I’m just happy with how strong our WRs are at 1 and 2. When Baldwin played we never had a group this dangerous. That’s not his fault of course.

I’m not sad his little passive aggressive pissiness is gone. Course if we threw the ball like we are now when he was here maybe he wouldn’t have been as pissy. Still, Lockett suffered through Pete ball for years and he never was pissy.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
It’s amazing how many people have something against Baldwin like he was not a cog in this offense for a long time.

Why throw shade at Baldwin?

Baldwin was great for Wilson.

It’s not Baldwin’s fault they did not throw as much then as they do now.

Some of you guys forget too fast.

Baldwin gave Seattle all he could.

Of course he was angry at time.

You don’t play football always cheerfully and full of love.

You need some fire to you!

And Baldwin was plenty enough!

rcaido

Reaction score
What a bunch of ungrateful fans...Yes im sure Wilson is probably mostly responsible for all the WR to being what they were/are...IF DK left or Lockett, im sure yalll going to throw shades too. Baldwin played great for us. How many amazing catches did we see from Baldwin. Not bad for an undrafted, who played all his games here in Seattle. Yall need to show respect to the guy, he deserves it.

1024x1024