Draft 1st round winners

Marvin49

Reaction score
DJrmb":2nnun633 said:
49ers draft pick Reuben Foster’s offseason shoulder surgery reportedly ‘didn’t take’

When Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster dropped from a potential top 10 pick all the way to the tail end of the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, it appeared his failed drug test and hasty ejection from the Combine were to blame. Instead, the real culprit may be a bum shoulder.

Foster had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff after Alabama’s season came to a close. However, reports suggest the procedure “didn’t take,” which may force the dynamic defender to go under the knife in the near future to correct it. Standard rotator cuff repairs can take between four to six months to fully recover from, a timeline that could put the first half of Foster’s rookie season in jeopardy.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/...-foster-offseason-shoulder-surgery-didnt-take

John Clayton on 710 ESPN also just reported that GM John Lynch did not know about the full extent of the shoulder issue when they traded up to draft him, however other teams did. I seem to remember a few here thinking Lynch got one over on Schneider in that trade up for Foster. This, if true, may point more to the other John doing the schooling...

[note]
I have not seen it reported anywhere else online that SF didn't know about Foster's shoulder surgery "not taking". I can not confirm that as fact, but maybe just speculation by Clayton?

Wow. How homerific. LOL.

You just managed to make Schneider the hero.

I have no idea if the shoulder is good or not, but the 49ers were completely aware of the shoulder issue. They had team doctors look at it several times at Stanford. Does that mean its perfectly fine? No, it doesn't. It means that some team doctors thought he'd need another procedure and other team doctors believed he wouldn't.

Either way, last year two very, very good LBs were taken with much more severe and career threatening injuries only a few picks later in the draft. Foster was going to be gone at 32 if the 49ers didn't move up to 31. I'm never going to say anything negative about Schneider, but trying to paint this as him schooling them is particularly funny.

Even if he redshirts the season is was MORE than worth it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
DJrmb":17dzljqr said:
49ers draft pick Reuben Foster’s offseason shoulder surgery reportedly ‘didn’t take’

When Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster dropped from a potential top 10 pick all the way to the tail end of the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, it appeared his failed drug test and hasty ejection from the Combine were to blame. Instead, the real culprit may be a bum shoulder.

Foster had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff after Alabama’s season came to a close. However, reports suggest the procedure “didn’t take,” which may force the dynamic defender to go under the knife in the near future to correct it. Standard rotator cuff repairs can take between four to six months to fully recover from, a timeline that could put the first half of Foster’s rookie season in jeopardy.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/...-foster-offseason-shoulder-surgery-didnt-take

John Clayton on 710 ESPN also just reported that GM John Lynch did not know about the full extent of the shoulder issue when they traded up to draft him, however other teams did. I seem to remember a few here thinking Lynch got one over on Schneider in that trade up for Foster. This, if true, may point more to the other John doing the schooling...

[note]
I have not seen it reported anywhere else online that SF didn't know about Foster's shoulder surgery "not taking". I can not confirm that as fact, but maybe just speculation by Clayton?

UPDATE:

Maybe he re-injures it and either way he still might bust, but "Reuben Foster fully cleared for training camp"

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/7/27/ ... ining-camp