Drafted Brooks before Queen, Taylor before Jalen Hurts

GemCity

Reaction score
I haven’t see a single person “hit” on every draft.

Although, I will say that I didn’t like Eskridge over Creed, Brooks over Queen, Penny over Chubb although a healthy Penny…jeezus…#1 back in the league. When Pete & JS pull a wild hair out their asses and make a questionable decision, I’m going to try to find the positive aspects of why they did what they did.

We absolutely nailed it in this past draft….need more like that!

Anyways…no one nails the draft each and every time. Folks that get paid to make the decisions don’t nail it every time.

The whole “eat crow”, you said blah blah blah two years ago, etc. is super petty.

Perhaps .net visits have decreased a bit due to grown ass men cackling like hens.

For every post that’s been “wrong”, that same person likely has an equal amount that were right. Time is a variable. Things change…

Jville

Reaction score
No kidding ..... the thread topic strikes me as lunacy at work.

Different players playing on different teams with different team mates, schemes and priorities produce different outcomes. How could any thinking human miss that?

Consider the Ethan Pocic attacks. Who has now played between the best guards of his professional career with the Browns. Consider their running backs. Who is more committed to the run game than the Cleveland Browns?

Perhaps lunatics can't recognize their own lunacy.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pocic played like a top 5 center in Cleveland? Wow, sounds like a coaching issue in Seattle.

The entire board knew they whiffed on Humphreys. Not you though. Eskridge was vital to the Seahawks you said although I said #3 WRs were a dime a dozen. Thats how I remember the argument.

What a surprise, you're only remembering the parts of the argument that aren't in conflict with your persistent agenda. Unprecedented behavior.

Nah, I rated Humphrey's high. We can dig that up if you want. I just didn't agree that it was the biggest need on the team when Ethan Pocic was clearly an average at WORST starting center to anyone who bothered to WATCH HIM PLAY instead of sucking down old narratives.

Meanwhile, Freddie effing Swain was WR3 at the time so, yeah. WR3 was kind of a big need, and anyone saying otherwise is either wrong or simply mistaken about the importance of the tertiary receiver in the modern NFL.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Be my guest. I'd like to see it too.
You asked

They'll definitely be booing after the game after the beat down Denver gives them.

Wilson is right. As long as Carroll is the coach, the team is stuck. Russ will still win in Denver and Pete will never win again.

Only problem now is the team has no QB to get those receivers and TEs the ball.

Exactly. Geno was the game manager type QB that fans were clamoring for and it equated to 1 win against the worst team in the league. A game manager type QB does not work with Pete Carroll coached teams unless he has optimum talent everywhere else.

I wouldnt count on any games as sure wins this upcoming season. This team is going to stink.

6 wins is the ceiling

Lol. The people thinking Seattle is better off now without Wilson are in for a rude awakening.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a more negative asshole on this board. You clearly have some knowledge but the negativity is sad and tired.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What a surprise, you're only remembering the parts of the argument that aren't in conflict with your persistent agenda. Unprecedented behavior.

Nah, I rated Humphrey's high. We can dig that up if you want. I just didn't agree that it was the biggest need on the team when Ethan Pocic was clearly an average at WORST starting center to anyone who bothered to WATCH HIM PLAY instead of sucking down old narratives.

Meanwhile, Freddie effing Swain was WR3 at the time so, yeah. WR3 was kind of a big need, and anyone saying otherwise is either wrong or simply mistaken about the importance of the tertiary receiver in the modern NFL.

WR3 is never a big need. I told you that from the beginning. I showed you numbers for #3 wr's throughout the league and all their numbers were similar. #3 receivers are a dime a dozen and should never be a priority. Pocic was the weakest link to an already bad Oline. The decision during draft day was obvious.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
You asked

They'll definitely be booing after the game after the beat down Denver gives them.

Wilson is right. As long as Carroll is the coach, the team is stuck. Russ will still win in Denver and Pete will never win again.

Only problem now is the team has no QB to get those receivers and TEs the ball.

Exactly. Geno was the game manager type QB that fans were clamoring for and it equated to 1 win against the worst team in the league. A game manager type QB does not work with Pete Carroll coached teams unless he has optimum talent everywhere else.

I wouldnt count on any games as sure wins this upcoming season. This team is going to stink.

6 wins is the ceiling

Lol. The people thinking Seattle is better off now without Wilson are in for a rude awakening.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a more negative asshole on this board. You clearly have some knowledge but the negativity is sad and tired.

Yeah I was wrong about Russ and Denver, but not much else. Geno has played well but is playing like his old self again. 6 wins,,,,ok, they have 7. Wow, you got me there. The team does stink. I dont think anybody can argue that. Bottom line is Seattle will never threaten again with Pete Carroll as the coach and thats a fact.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Meh, Queen isn't anything special and Hurts has a good team around him with an elite oline. I'm more buttHurtt about taking Eskridge over Humphrey.
Queen got big splash plays in his first two years, but his play was wild and all over the place. This season he's really cleaned things up in Baltimore. The important thing to note is that this is essentially like Brook's rookie year all over again.

He's never played in a system like this one and he's been given a ton of responsibility. Honestly, I was tepid on him based on his college film -- but I think he deserves one more year before we call him a dissapointment. He's also switching positions from a 4-3 based OLB to a 3-4 ILB. He's in charge of a lot of moving pieces in this defense.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Queen was the better pick than Brooks.

bileever

Reaction score
Patrick Queen is decent, but he's no superstar. The stud in the Ravens' linebacking corps is obviously Roquan Smith. Mind-boggling that the Bears traded him away. @Bear-Hawk, thoughts?

The Ravens got Smith for a second and a 5th round pick. If only we had traded for him instead of Jamal Adams. (Of course, the Smith trade was just last year.) Ryan Poles' inability to sign Smith to a long-term deal and keep him on the Bears was a bad sign. (He also traded a second round pick for Chase Claypool that year, so he got fleeced twice.)

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Patrick Queen is decent, but he's no superstar. The stud in the Ravens' linebacking corps is obviously Roquan Smith. Mind-boggling that the Bears traded him away. @Bear-Hawk, thoughts?

The Ravens got Smith for a second and a 5th round pick. If only we had traded for him instead of Jamal Adams. (Of course, the Smith trade was just last year.) Ryan Poles' inability to sign Smith to a long-term deal and keep him on the Bears was a bad sign. (He also traded a second round pick for Chase Claypool that year, so he got fleeced twice.)
Poles and Smith couldn’t agree on the $$$. He acknowledged that Roquan is a very good player, but he said he doesn’t consider ILB an important enough position to warrant that much money. The Ravens have no regrets for paying the man.

I am a little worried that he still hasn’t done the contract extension for Jaylon Johnson. Most fans on the Bears forum give me crap. They think Poles is a genius.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Poles and Smith couldn’t agree on the $$$. He acknowledged that Roquan is a very good player, but he said he doesn’t consider ILB an important enough position to warrant that much money. The Ravens have no regrets for paying the man.

I am a little worried that he still hasn’t done the contract extension for Jaylon Johnson. Most fans on the Bears forum give me crap. They think Poles is a genius.
Poles has made some head-scratching moves, like trading Smith, and then signing Tremaine Edmunds, who is not in the same league as Roquan Smith. Smith signed for $20 million a year with $45 million guaranteed and Edmunds for $18 million a year with $50 million guaranteed. That didn't seem too smart.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Poles has made some head-scratching moves, like trading Smith, and then signing Tremaine Edmunds, who is not in the same league as Roquan Smith. Smith signed for $20 million a year with $45 million guaranteed and Edmunds for $18 million a year with $50 million guaranteed. That didn't seem too smart.
Yeah, Edmunds has been a big disappointment, but I have to say Edwards has been excellent (at a cheaper price). Poles latest big investment is M. Sweat at $25 million/yr.