DROY

kidhawk

Reaction score

Spoon is officially on the ballot for DROY

Also up for Defensive Rookie of the Year honors are Texans defensive end Will Anderson, Eagles defensive tackle Jalen Carter, Steelers cornerback Joey Porter Jr. and Rams nose tackle Kobie Turner. The winner will be announced at NFL Honors, which takes place on Thursday, February 8 and will air at 6 p.m. PT on CBS.

JPatera76

Reaction score
1) Would be awesome
2) your 20 spoons short
3) Most likely won’t happen because it’s Seattle.. and Alaska south

Rat

Reaction score
It's probably going to be Anderson, but I'm happy we have a guy firmly in the conversation. As absent as we've been in the awards this year (our one second-team All-Pro was probably a legacy pick), you'd think we went 4-13 or something.

bigcc

Reaction score
It's probably going to be Anderson, but I'm happy we have a guy firmly in the conversation. As absent as we've been in the awards this year (our one second-team All-Pro was probably a legacy pick), you'd think we went 4-13 or something.
Maybe, Anderson got into the pro bowl because Crosby pulled out.... Witherspoon got in without players opting out,and witherspoon scored higher on pff for lazy journalists.

I'd honestly be more worried about Carter, personally I'd go spoon-Anderson-Carter, but Vegas has it reversed unfortunately

RiverDog

Reaction score
Meh. I'm not too thrilled about individual awards. If he gets it, then good for him. If not, no biggie.

WarHawks

Reaction score
What is the last major yearly award a Hawk has received?

bigcc

Reaction score
Thanks. I must have tried to erase that from my memory. Lol.
Before that russ was Walter payton man of the year in 2020, but if we're talking on the field, probably back to Alexander in 2005 for mvp

Seahawks have repeatedly been dogged with awards

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seahawks have repeatedly been dogged with awards
Which is one of the reasons why individual awards just don't resonate with me. It's pure opinion, decided by vote, a popularity contest. It's not something that's decided on the field.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He won’t get it IMO because he had some injuries which held him back a bit. It’s a true sign of respect to be a nominee. Give this kid time and he will be an All Pro. His time is coming.

pmedic920

Reaction score
He won’t get it IMO because he had some injuries which held him back a bit. It’s a true sign of respect to be a nominee. Give this kid time and he will be an All Pro. His time is coming.
Hopefully he stays in Seattle.

I have this re accruing nightmare where the new HC is so bad that all of our talent mutinies and we go through another Ruskell phase