3. Sedrick Ellis
4. Dwan Edwards
5. Abrayu Franklin
6. Shaun Cody
7. Amobi Okoye

In order of my preference

polarbill1999

Reaction score
My god I would crap my pants if we could get seymour on a reasonable one year deal.

McGruff

Reaction score
polarbill1999":1jqebz14 said:
My god I would crap my pants if we could get seymour on a reasonable one year deal.

Too old. Wouldn't trust him.

Best option is Branch + draft.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1kc3p5wm said:
polarbill1999":1kc3p5wm said:

If we can get both Branch and Seymore for under $6Mil would you do it? Seymore is old but he would only be a piece of the puzzle.

Wasteland2112

Reaction score
Seymore would be an awesome pick-up on a one year deal. Would allow us to take a mid to late round flyer or two on guys in the draft to see if they develop.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder about Sedrick Ellis with his USC ties...

DJrmb

Reaction score
I liked Branch, as a guy and as a player, but he seemed to be more of a run stuffer. Aren't we looking for a 3-tech DT???

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2vritl9b said:
McGruff":2vritl9b said:
polarbill1999":2vritl9b said:

If we can get both Branch and Seymore for under $6Mil would you do it? Seymore is old but he would only be a piece of the puzzle.
I would take both for 6 mil. Sign them up.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
we are clearly drafting a DT with the 2nd round pick, or the 3rd rounnd pick if we trade out which MAY end up happening

DJrmb

Reaction score
Amobi Okoye intrigues me. He was drafted and thrown into play as a kid at only 19 years old and put up 5.5 sacks that year. Since then he's been pretty pedestrian but man what kind of Talent does a kid have to posses to play in the NFL at 19 YO? Maybe our new d-coordinator can coach him up enough to be a valuable 3rd down DT? He would definitely be cheap, he only played for a 1 year 1.3M dollar contract last year.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm relieved that Branch hasn't really seen a ton of action yet. I'd love to bring him back, but if it's for $5 million a season, I'd pass.

Rat

Reaction score
I remember Dwan Edwards being OK once. How has he been the past few seasons?

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
We are looking for help at 3tech no question, but we will be looking for help at clogging up running lanes if we don't get Branch back. I say resign him in a day or two when the market cools down and use our 2nd round pick on one of the many good pass rushing DT prospects this Draft is loaded with.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Getting Branch back would be solid. Seymour could be a superb band aid. Major upgrade to McDonald. If we want to take a chance on a still young underachiever, Okoye is intriguing.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sylvester Williams in round 2 or 3 would be good. Big and powerful enough to spell Bane, but also quick enough to play 3. Kawann Short doesn't have anything in particular about his game that really stands out physically, but he's very crafty in disengaging from blocks and using his hands in the pass rush. Could be a good prospect to compete at 3. There are other DTs in the draft that could do us some good too, but aside from Star I think Sylvester Williams delivers the most explosive pop in his use of power and hands right off the LOS. He's quick, but can trample an OL from time to time.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
We need a run stopper and a pocket mover. Nothing special, just make the QB uncomfortable.
I'd be fine with Branch and Okoye.
This FO seem to always exceeds my expectations so lets see who we get.

Everyone wants to play here! Hurray us!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Amobi!!!

Always been a big fan of his. I'd love it if we brought him in and resurrected his career.

Latest posts