Duane Brown on recent moves - Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1sjex8o3 said:
themunn":1sjex8o3 said:
Sherman and Bennett are the very definition of guys who stand for something bigger than themselves

No. If you want to see a pro athlete that’s bigger than themselves look at RW or JJ Watt.
I still love Sherman and Bennett brothers can be hilarious together at times (so comment not meant to be against them), but this response made me think and I believe there's a reason one could point to in terms of differentiating.

Does one's stance include POSITIVE action that results in benefiting something or someone other than what affects you personally. Russell at the hospital every week, Watt raising all the relief money, Cliff Avril in Haiti. [I think all NFL players are either required or strongly encouraged to do something and many set up foundations to be about this business and manage all the requests for money.]

Perhaps there's a difference between actions like this and controversial actions such as protesting something viewed as having perhaps equally negative or divisive results.

Still... grateful for their skillful contributions to the Seahawks success as well as the humerous and positive sides of their personalities. I do think Duane Brown's reasoned answer to why players protest is about the best communicated. (My personal view aside)

Good post, Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.