Eagles Breakdown of Hawks

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":22x1plh2 said:
SF spied RW, AZ Spied RW, how did that end up?

All the defense in the world is not gonna stop Wilson unless your offense can put some points on the board.

How did Wilson do in his final two home games vs. AZ and SF last season? He didn't do a whole lot.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NINEster":zv4fd1ym said:
Largent80":zv4fd1ym said:

All the defense in the world is not gonna stop Wilson unless your offense can put some points on the board.

How did Wilson do in his final two home games vs. AZ and SF last season? He didn't do a whole lot.
Looked pretty good to me when he made key plays to beat your sorry team to propel us to the superb owl.

Oh and every time a 40whiner is mentioned you shouldn't feel the need to ride in to the rescue on your white horse.

Largent80

Reaction score
NINEster":1kx9sciq said:
Largent80":1kx9sciq said:

LAST season.

He surely carved your turkey team last Thursday...Bitter much?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2rdd6v6d said:
Does Sanchez have enough mustard on his ball to hit that 25 yard out? Enough mustard to rifle one in the zone between Wagz and Earl?
No.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":2ilrtix6 said:
leading rushing offense in the league has no identity?

He does say some things that are true. They do rely on RW's spontaneity and he says RW is the best at it in the league.

I think 'identity' was a poor choice of words. The identity is very clear, IMO. Now we have to do something with that identity, like getting RZ TD's.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2go68f6z said:
pehawk":2go68f6z said:
Does Sanchez have enough mustard on his ball to hit that 25 yard out? Enough mustard to rifle one in the zone between Wagz and Earl?
No.

Which means we'll probably see a dink and dunk gameplan: lots of checkdowns, 5 yard passes over the middle, bubble screens, or 8 yard passes at the sideline, that kind of thing. Either that or Kelly sacks up and says screw it. Running their normal offense would probably mean a half-dozen passes hitting the LOB on the hands.

ivotuk

Reaction score
drdiags":th4c35fv said:
Greg Cosell isn't a big fan of Wilson. I would say he leans more toward a Prisco's view on Wilson so I take his comments with a grain of salt. I know that Doub respects him and Cosell has been with NFL Films for a long time. I think he has a little bias toward the Eagles, but no more than any the Seahawks folks would be toward the Seahawks.

If I take my rose colored glasses off, I would admit that the vibe I get from comments made by players on the sideline and noted NFL analyst is that the offense does have contingency for improvisation by Wilson built-in. Does it rely heavily on this? Probably. Will the Eagles be able to shut it down with a spy? Not sure. Others have tried and have had some success, just haven't completely shut down the offense.

Though the Cards and Rams last year, here and at Edwards Jones.

Absolutely on the money there! I listen to the herd on Thursdays when he has Cosell on, and he always talks down about RW, and slobbers all over Luck.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":2qijfmx8 said:
Scottemojo":2qijfmx8 said:
pehawk":2qijfmx8 said:
No.

Which means we'll probably see a dink and dunk gameplan: lots of checkdowns, 5 yard passes over the middle, bubble screens, or 8 yard passes at the sideline, that kind of thing. Either that or Kelly sacks up and says screw it. Running their normal offense would probably mean a half-dozen passes hitting the LOB on the hands.
Well, Sanchez can definitely hit the zone between Earl and Wagner, but the opposite hash 18 yard out is iffy.

Ertz 20 yards up the seams is more his style, and I am guessing they will try to hit Maclin over the top once.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2rm0wvu1 said:
Scottemojo":2rm0wvu1 said:
pehawk":2rm0wvu1 said:
No.

Last year's defense ate that offense for lunch. The way we pursued and tackled destroyed the underneath game. And it got WRs hurt.

The last few games, it's been much the same thing. Now that Wagner's back, we have the speed (with Irvin starting on one side) to pursue to the edges and stop short plays for short gains.

I think it's going to be a lot of PA passing to try to hit us intermediate in the middle, which is where we were soft earlier in the year. Sanchez doesn't have the arm to beat us downfield, and I think both Sanchez and Kelly are going to be loathe to test the LOB deep.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2yya90qs said:
kearly":2yya90qs said:
Scottemojo":2yya90qs said:
pehawk":2yya90qs said:
No.

Well, Sanchez can definitely hit the zone between Earl and Wagner, but the opposite hash 18 yard out is iffy.

Ertz 20 yards up the seams is more his style, and I am guessing they will try to hit Maclin over the top once.

All true I'm sure, but my intention wasn't to say that Sanchez is incapable, but rather that this seems like exactly the same situation we've seen other teams in where they abandoned their identity to go ultra dink and dunk. QBs like Rodgers, Brees, Brady etc, all ran elite offenses and all refused to run their normal offense vs. Seattle.

Since1933

Reaction score
Cody Parkey leads the league with 123 points and is 27-29 of FGs 93.1%. S Hauschka is second in the league in scoring with 117 pts. He is 27-30 of FGs 90.1%.

Shady has more yards than Mr Bad Attitude (I wonder why I was traded) Lynch. 1,018 to 956. But hey who is using facts in this debate?

Eagles have 42 sacks compared to the Seahawks 20 sacks.

Eagles leads the NFL in BOTH kickoff returns at 30.1 yards and punt return at 14.5 yards. Seattle averages a feeble 21.1 on kickoffs and a pedestian 8.2 on punt returns.

Eagles also lead the NFL in special teams TDs with 4 (2 punt and 2 Kickoff TDs). They also have the most Defensive TDs in the NFL with 4 (2 INT TDs and 2 Fumble return TDs).

Smellyman

Reaction score
Since1933":3cp2z2qj said:
Cody Parkey leads the league with 123 points and is 27-29 of FGs 93.1%. S Hauschka is second in the league in scoring with 117 pts. He is 27-30 of FGs 90.1%.

Shady has more yards than Mr Bad Attitude (I wonder why I was traded) Lynch. 1,018 to 956. But hey who is using facts in this debate?

Eagles leads the NFL in BOTH kickoff returns at 30.1 yards and punt return at 14.5 yards. Seattle averages a feeble 21.1 on kickoffs and a pedestian 8.2 on punt returns.

Eagles also lead the NFL in special teams TDs with 4 (2 punt and 2 Kickoff TDs). They also have the most Defensive TDs in the NFL with 4 (2 INT TDs and 2 Fumble return TDs).

"Mr. Bad Attitude"? clever......

With all those stats, what do you think the score will be? 55-10 Eagles?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":1fod3rqt said:

They played the highway sign game.....Watch For Ice...
But if you find ice, what do you do with it???? LOL :mrgreen:

irocdave

Reaction score
Eagles play great special teams. If the Hawks get tripped up it will have a lot to do with ST's. When Tate left so did the Hawks return game. MR "slowest but sure handed guy in the league" is our punting fair catcher.

I can see the Hawks taking it to the eagles offense and Lynch and Wilson having good to great performances. Can also see the Hawks D stuffing the running game as long as the score is close. But, no question about it, Eagles special teams will make an impact and if they win, it will be a direct result their performance.

If the Hawks are not consistently flagged on big plays.....I see the Hawks running away from the Eagles. 30-10 Hawks.

Smellyman

Reaction score
enough of the Brian Walters hate. Nothing wrong with solid and fair catches. Aren't many Tate's in the league, who BTW got skewered for not calling fair catch enough.

Walters is 14th in the league in Punt Returns ahead of people like Ellington and Austin.

He just needs to return against the Hawks. :)

Preseason though and a KO

[youtube]oGzayJnYux0[/youtube]

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
One thing that I haven't seen anyone comment on (that I could see being very effective in this game as well) has been Seattle's use of misdirection plays the past several games. As much as I shake my head over some of the play calling decisions that Bevell makes sometimes ... THAT has been something that in my mind has been pure brilliance. We've seen it many times -- Russell and the offense motioning and getting the defensive front to flow one way ... and then all of a sudden Russell reverses direction and Lynch or one tight ends finds themselves wide open for a big gain on a pass play on the back side going the other way. Besides quick slants and smoke screens, that formula of the occasional misdirection play thrown in there is something I could see paying big dividends in this game as well.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Since1933":jh61mmx8 said:

Seahawks will stop the run, if they can do that they can win the game. Special teams will be something to look at, but then again look at the teams the Eagle have been going against.

They went against 6 teams that are .500 and over they are 3-3 against those teams. The other 6 teams are mediocre teams the one with the best record was the Rams with a 5-7 record. The rest of those teams have 2 or 3 wins total each. Those losing teams combine for a 18-53-1 record.

Lesean Mccoy won't be able to get yardage. The 3 teams that were in the top 10 in rushing defense were able to stop him for most of the day. They are 1-2 vs Teams that have a top rushing defense.

The Seahawks are #1 against the pass, and #5 against the run. So if they can't run, it's going to hard to pass. Eagles only choice will be short yardage and that's asking alot of Kam and Earl hitting those guys.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Since1933":2vf97crc said:
Shady has more yards than Mr Bad Attitude (I wonder why I was traded) Lynch.
Lynch has played rather well for us since we acquired him and we have had a lot of success with players that other teams have overlooked or shied away from. Then again, your franchise is best known for trashing player reputations as soon as you dump them so maybe second chances aren't really your thing.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
Since1933":xnq25x52 said:

Eagles have not seen a defense like the Hawks and it's not even close.

Ask Denver how stats shake out. Eagles could win being at home but that's just about the only advantage I see. Looking at their performance against AZ and San Fran? I don't see it. A fast, physical defense is exactly what can shut that offense down and if Sanchez doesn't throw a few picks I'll be SHOCKED. The Hawks bring a level of energy and chaos that causes the best QB's to shut down and turtle.

Look up the average QB ratings against.....the ask yourself how in the world Sanchez is expected to solve it.

Hawks win 23 - 10 This team knows how big this game is and beating the Niners on the road galvanized this team. I just think it's bad timing for the Eagles.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Gametime":2pac63ch said:
Not sure what to make of these breakdowns and thoughts on the Eagles gameplan. They seem really watered down and make me like the knowledge of the Hawks is superficial. Man, hoping we destroy the Eagles in a Playoff push "statement" game.

On using a spy to cover Wilson
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video ... 2bb7855557

Breakdown of the Hawks from the Eagles POV.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video ... d455b6086f

My biggest issue is the Hawks "not having an offensive identity" take. While this may have been true, punting percy and the weeks that have followed have proven otherwise.

Thoughts?

I do not think we are going to destroy them , but I think we can beat them. I agree that this game could be a statement game , determining that the Hawks are back.