Earl & Humble Thug got in a heated fight today....

kobebryant

Reaction score
hawkfan68":19ay9rdu said:
If true, Simon is doing all he can to get released...getting thrown out of games, fighting with the best DB on the team in practice. It's not humble, it's straight up thuggish.

I don't mind that attitude and approach so long as it is channeled towards being an animal towards opponents come Sundays. If he becomes the new Browner, in terms of being an absolute jerk on the field, I'd welcome it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1z2o8o49 said:
Like any pack of predators, the dominate leader needs to re-align order when the young'ins step too far out of line...

Love the analogy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Was it on a punt return? Thats a play I could see Simon going after Earl.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

@Rogervanoo I didn't see it. Few of us did. Happened in warm-ups. So don't really know. Where did you hear about it?

Melencause

Reaction score
Oh the guy Sherman tweeted about being the next great CB? Ya... he's staying.

Fights happen, altercations, disagreements happen. Why so many overreactions?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Melencause":e6ftwau9 said:
Oh the guy Sherman tweeted about being the next great CB? Ya... he's staying.

Fights happen, altercations, disagreements happen. Why so many overreactions?
Preseason boredom.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
kpak76":2wj45f6y said:
Maelstrom787":2wj45f6y said:
I think it's a good nickname. :(

Just sounds like a name some troll would think up of while posting on here.

Obviously you didn't get a chance to read/hear his interview during draft week (or were on .Net chat). Then you'd know the name came out of love rather than hate.

Or we're a bunch of trolls, either way.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Damn, let's all pass judgement when nobody knows jack. Earl and Doug got into it awhile back. Let's cut them too! Couldn't be that we have some holier-than-thou mofos in this forum.

Steve2222

Reaction score
kpak76":1ko8ylgw said:
Maelstrom787":1ko8ylgw said:

You're sounding like a troll and it seems like you're the only one with an issue with it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
kpak76":23wiwxzd said:
Maelstrom787":23wiwxzd said:

It came from our .Net chat on draft day. Anyone care to tell the story? I dont entirely remember. I believe it had to do with the dialogue from his prior arrest compared to his humble draft day interview.

Not that I entirely disagree, kpak. I just always found it more lighthearted since I was there when it was created and we were all laughing about it and such. I created my signature of Tharold that same day, as the joke/nickname was so popular in chat.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2nk7tjjg said:
kpak76":2nk7tjjg said:
Maelstrom787":2nk7tjjg said:

It came from our .Net chat on draft day. Anyone care to tell the story? I dont entirely remember. I believe it had to do with the dialogue from his prior arrest compared to his humble draft day interview.

Not that I entirely disagree, kpak. I just always found it more lighthearted since I was there when it was created and we were all laughing about it and such. I created my signature of Tharold that same day, as the joke/nickname was so popular in chat.
We came up with it in chat (actually I think throw down specifically coined it first). It was during his interview after he got drafted and he told the story about getting arrested.

It's a great nickname and it will be his nickname for as long as he's a hawk and thereafter

kpak76

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":2gm9res1 said:
kpak76":2gm9res1 said:
Maelstrom787":2gm9res1 said:

Obviously you didn't get a chance to read/hear his interview during draft week (or were on .Net chat). Then you'd know the name came out of love rather than hate.

Or we're a bunch of trolls, either way.

I didn't. But to a fan like me who hasn't followed Simon through his college years I would never have know the background. So if he comes with a name like humble thug, someone like me would probably have negative impressionsbased on that. Or I would think some troll came up with it to try and troll him. I probably would have told him to drop the nikcname when coming here tbo.

kpak76

Reaction score
GeorgeKush":3ftu03jq said:
kpak76":3ftu03jq said:
Maelstrom787":3ftu03jq said:

You think of the word thug as a negative connotation, Simon sees it as a term of endearment.

I guess I'm pointing out taht I am not the only one. And for a public figure like Simon, public opinion should matter.

kpak76

Reaction score
Steve2222":3ri967x6 said:
kpak76":3ri967x6 said:
Maelstrom787":3ri967x6 said:

You're sounding like a troll and it seems like you're the only one with an issue with it.

Ok you sound like a troll yourself when I am only stating my OPINION about a nickname.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawkfan68":34059dzw said:
If true, Simon is doing all he can to get released...getting thrown out of games, fighting with the best DB on the team in practice. It's not humble, it's straight up thuggish.

lol what?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Simon is getting too big for his britches.

He needs to respect Earl. I think Earl has earned it. Simon? Not so much.

jake206

Reaction score
From ESPN-NFL Nation (Terry Blount)-

"KING5 TV in Seattle aired video of an altercation between free safety Earl Thomas and cornerback Tharold Simon during warm-up drills at the start of Wednesday's practice for the Seattle Seahawks.

Thomas pushed Simon before Simon threw his helmet to the ground and both players had to be restrained.

Defensive coach Marquand Manuel was tossed backwards by Thomas as Manuel and middle linebacker Bobby Wagner tried to push Thomas back away from Simon.

Cornerbacks Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell restrained Simon as the two players continued to yell at each other.

It was the third consecutive day that a scuffle of some sort has taken play in practice."