Earl Thomas Played Like Trash!!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I REALLY hope that was just a game where he needed to knock off some rust, because I cannot ever remember him playing so terribly. Bad tackling, bad angles and SLOW. Yikes. I know these guys are gonna get old and slow eventually but Earl is still too young for that, right!?!?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I feel like ever since he got injured right before the SB two years ago, his tackling hasn't been the same. He just doesn't tackle like a Seahawk should.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
We need our guys to hawk tackle again, Earl included. Luckily this is the first game and watching tape he will probably figured it out. If it keeps happening for a few more games and teams are able to run through him, then I would be worried.

RW92

Reaction score
No need to Bash you when you speak the truth. A lot of areas to fix. Hopefully they are repairable.

RussB

Reaction score
When kenny stills dropped a wide open pass wasnt that his zone center field too?

LolaRox

Reaction score
Earl has always missed tackles because he is trying to hit people instead of wrapping up but today was the worst. He played horribly across the board.

I know many of you don't want to hear this but Earl may be declining. He wasn't as good last year and we all hoped it was the injury but maybe this is just who he is now.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
LolaRox":11jrhxgd said:
Earl has always missed tackles because he is trying to hit people instead of wrapping up but today was the worst. He played horribly across the board.

I know many of you don't want to hear this but Earl may be declining. He wasn't as good last year and we all hoped it was the injury but maybe this is just who he is now.

Let's not overreact, he's 27 years old, picked off 5 passes last year and was 1st team All-Pro.

He was awful today but he's still a top 3 safety in the NFL

LolaRox

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3bfn27s9 said:
LolaRox":3bfn27s9 said:

Let's not overreact, he's 27 years old, picked off 5 passes last year and was 1st team All-Pro.

He was awful today but he's still a top 3 safety in the NFL

I'm not overreacting just stating what I see, Earl hasn't been as good as his reputation recently (today and last season).

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2z5h47v0 said:
I feel like ever since he got injured right before the SB two years ago, his tackling hasn't been the same. He just doesn't tackle like a Seahawk should.

chawx

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/earl_thomas/status/775120228640403456[/tweet]

He knows it. He'll be okay.

My two cents are he was trying to do too much. He was swinging for the fences instead of one play, one read, one tackle at a time. He didn't play in the moment today. He will figure it out.

Seymour

Reaction score
Poor performance by any standard. This goes back into last year and was written off as part of the shoulder issue. He's committing (leaving feet) before the runner has made his final cut and whiffing air FAR too often. Someone needs to call him out and get him back to Seahawk wrap and roll.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
LolaRox":19bg2xzi said:
WestcoastSteve":19bg2xzi said:
LolaRox":19bg2xzi said:
I'm not overreacting just stating what I see, Earl hasn't been as good as his reputation recently (today and last season).

I get that but I think his reputation has caused some to have unrealistic expectations of him. I'm not excusing the missed tackles that's just piss-poor form but he's still a really good safety.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hinton":1sbszlej said:
Poor by his usual standards, but not terrible.

Do you remember Brian Russell?

I did after watching Earl today.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
If Lockett, Thomas, and Russell are our biggest problems, we are going to be just fine. :D

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Earl has always played out of control. He has to compensate for his light weight and general small stature. Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins were listed at 200 pounds for most of their careers, but were visibly bigger athletes. This was still an all time low for Earl though. He gets flat out run over a couple times a year, but usually doesn't outright miss 4 times like his radar was malfunctioning like today.

He'll be better next week.