Earl Thomas signed to extension 4yr/$40 Million

AndyOswald10

Reaction score
Been waiting for this for quite some time. When I checked my phone while at work today I smiled, took a screen shot of the notification and then walked out and gave my boss (a 49ers fan) a smug look without saying a word. I can't imagine what the feeling would be if Sherm got locked up too. All 3 remaining members of the LOB locked in with extensions (Kam got his last year). I feel like it would be historic for this franchise. The best CB, FS, and SS in the NFL all in the same Secondary for years to come.

hawk45

Reaction score
Man just like with Bennett's deal, fist pump because we needed that this offseason (only with Earl it's that x1000), but also like Bennett's deal my first reaction is "that's actually a bit cheaper than I thought it'd be." I mean yeah he's the highest paid safety, but the difference between Earl and number 2 is significant. A guy can go all Revis on you and get it in his head he wants to be the highest paid by a large margin, and muck up the market temporarily for the position.

I think when the FO is all over these extensions early, doesn't let guys go into the final year without security, makes them feel the love by not dropping the ball, avoids bad crap like holdouts and franchise tags, yeah we have to pay them but nobody who isn't a San Fran fan can possibly look at an Earl or Bennett contract and say with a straight face those aren't solid for player and franchise. Paying Earl 10 mil is a GREAT contract for the team IMO.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I was told we couldn't do this! Fire John Schneider. He's going to bankrupt this team; put them in the hole for YEARS.

/s
//Nice work, Earl!

dunceface

Reaction score
"]
Throwdown":2lbj6cu5 said:
Smoke":2lbj6cu5 said:
dunceface":2lbj6cu5 said:
Smoke":2lbj6cu5 said:
WE ARE NEVER LOSING ANOTHER GAME

I VOTE THAT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD BE CHANGED TO ALL CAPS

I SECOND THIS MOTION!!

I WOULD CHANGE IT IF I WOULDN'T GET IN TROUBLE FOR ABUSE OF POWER N STUFF.

WHY IS EVERYBODY YELLING?[/quote]

MAWDZ????!????? IS IT ABUSE OF POWER AND WHY ARE WE YELLING??

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They're doing EXACTLY as they said they'd do Just like Tampa Bay. Some taking under market deals (Bennett, Chancellor) others fair market (Earl) to stay together.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawk45":22jubcdn said:
Man just like with Bennett's deal, fist pump because we needed that this offseason (only with Earl it's that x1000), but also like Bennett's deal my first reaction is "that's actually a bit cheaper than I thought it'd be." I mean yeah he's the highest paid safety, but the difference between Earl and number 2 is significant. A guy can go all Revis on you and get it in his head he wants to be the highest paid by a large margin, and muck up the market temporarily for the position.

I think when the FO is all over these extensions early, doesn't let guys go into the final year without security, makes them feel the love by not dropping the ball, avoids bad crap like holdouts and franchise tags, yeah we have to pay them but nobody who isn't a San Fran fan can possibly look at an Earl or Bennett contract and say with a straight face those aren't solid for player and franchise. Paying Earl 10 mil is a GREAT contract for the team IMO.

Even the webzone 49er fans think is was a good signing and a contract he earned.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Since when is it a fan's prerogative to judge whether a player's contract is "good enough"? Whether a player should have accepted or rejected a proposal from the Front Office? If it's good enough for him and his agent...then it ought to be good enough for the fans!

Penman96

Reaction score
Great news - Earl Thomas is our best overall player in my opinion. He makes the defense work, and the defense makes the Seahawks work. He won't end up being our highest paid player, but this contract is worth every penny.

AndyOswald10

Reaction score
Plain and simple, you don't let a legitimate game changer like him hit the market because you will lose him or end up paying even more than market value and that's when you start to handicap yourself as a team. Congrats to Earl for more than earning his payday, and to JS and everyone involved who got the deal done. 2013 was Earl's best year on the field by far and I think we all can agree he still has bigger things to come. He deserves everything he's earned from the Jordan Brand endorsement to the contract extension. He is becoming a superstar and I'm glad we get to keep him and bear witness to his brilliance.

I say football changes the name of "Free Safety" to "The Earl Thomas Position"

Polaris

Reaction score
Earl Thomas' speed, smarts, and athleticism allow Seattle's press-man cover-3 schemes to work as well as they do.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1hm3dxwh said:
jump.gif

money.gif
Please update your avatar...

I don't know why, but seeing the old logo with the Lombardi drives me crazy! :D

lsheldon

Reaction score
Polaris":3f56f3bx said:
-The Glove-":3f56f3bx said:
Polaris":3f56f3bx said:
Sounds like good news, but I want to see the details. How much are we paying the man and how is it structured? Eagerly waiting for details.

Who cares, man! It isn't your money. Let the FO do their thing.

Sorry...

Hell to the yeah!!!!! Best offseason ever just got better!

I want to see how much we have left for Sherm. I think that's a reasonable thing to care about.

It's a 4 year extension, which means hes locked in for the next 5 years. That means his 2014 contract is still in place and the new deal doesn't impact the cap until next year. The extension has ZERO impact on the 2014 cap. He will still make 4.625 million in the final year of his rookie contract.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":307m0yda said:
One fap, he got one God damn fap?
(Covers mic)-you can't say that in the main forum

Who gives a €&@? No one's listening anyway.

This my friend is worth two faps minimum

Sac

Reaction score
falcongoggles":qo8zlxa1 said:
SacHawk2.0":qo8zlxa1 said:
One fap, he got one God damn fap?
(Covers mic)-you can't say that in the main forum

Who gives a €&@? No one's listening anyway.

This my friend is worth two faps minimum

My bad. Fap fap

TwilightError

Reaction score
The most important player on the D. His range allows the corners to play the way they do. Excellent signing, best move by far this offseason!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pete and John just continue to get it done. I predict Sherm signs within a month.
We are at the beginning of a 6-10 year stretch of incredible Seahawks football folks.

NINEster

Reaction score
A great player and by all accounts a good person. Congrats to ET.