Earl Thomas to SF?

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":po5bizdy said:
knownone":po5bizdy said:
rlkats":po5bizdy said:
knownone":po5bizdy said:
I wouldn't rule out Earl staying in Seattle. It might sound counter-intuitive but we are the best case scenario for him.

Why is Seattle the best place for him? There are a ton of teams that can use his leadership and play style to improve their D. Besides he wants money oh wait he wants MONEY and Seattle don’t have it. They have other core players that need that coin. Players like Clark that needs to be paid. He is gone from Seattle and I don’t think it’s even a though for him at this point. You think him flipping the bird to the sideline was just for fun? I don’t think so. I would love to have him in San Fran, but I don’t think we could afford him.
He knows the system. The Seahawks have his medical records, know the extent of his injuries, and they have the depth at safety to bring him back slowly. Other teams will likely undervalue him due to his injuries. Money you say? Seattle has 100+ million in cap space over the next two seasons. They could sign Clark, Reed, Wilson, Earl, and still have a significant amount of cap space to spare.

Also, Seattle can still franchise Earl if they wanted to. I don't know if they will try to keep Earl but the idea that he's for sure not a Seahawk is shortsighted.

All that info on injuries is available to every team and they would do a work up on him also. Earl will make sure he is not undervalued, why he was holding out in the first place he feels he is.

What you can't measure is his attitude and mentality, right now in Seattle it from all appearences is Cancerous.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something that's actually not true. Earl can give up his private medical records and other teams can do their own testing but Seattle does not have to give those teams their 8+ years of medical information. That's an important distinction given that Earl has an incentive not to reveal any damning medical results which place a large burden on teams to do extensive work to make sure they don't miss anything. Seattle on the other hand pretty much knows what they are dealing with.

I don't buy into those narratives personally. I'm not in the building and I have no idea what those relationships actually look like. I agree that things seemed cancerous on a superficial level but in a much different way than say Richard Sherman's situation. Earl was not calling out the team or coaches. He just wanted to be paid. His mentality did not change on the field and all of the problems he caused were directly related to his contract situation.

I'm not trying to defend Earl because I think he acted pretty selfish overall and I thought he had one of the dumber holdouts I can remember. I just don't think it would be shocking to see him return this offseason.

Steve2222

Reaction score
ET has made it abundantly clear he’s going to take his best offer. There will be no discount to a contender or sought after destination. Whoever pays him the most he’s going to. So if SF want to be the highest bidder I have no qualms with that. I wouldn’t do it though. I’d be trying to build around their high priced QB.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1yd5t4ge said:
Yep, I’m thinking KC or Houston.

Yep. A contender who hasn’t paid their prized QB yet, like those two teams you mentioned.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
You get paid in this league based on your healthy primarily. Earl will not get the money he seeks, probably not even close. No team will tie 13 million in a leg that’s been broken twice. He’ll have to take a bargain deal and it would not surprise me if he went to San Fran. Young hungry defense with sherm. They can compete for the crown in the west next year as long as Jimmy G stays healthy.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":220pj662 said:
You get paid in this league based on your healthy primarily. Earl will not get the money he seeks, probably not even close. No team will tie 13 million in a leg that’s been broken twice. He’ll have to take a bargain deal and it would not surprise me if he went to San Fran. Young hungry defense with sherm. They can compete for the crown in the west next year as long as Jimmy G stays healthy.

Maybe so, but I was surprised Sherman went to SF at this stage of his career. And after ET flipped Pete the bird, I have to wonder if Earl might want to get revenge for whatever slight he feels the Seahawks showed him (underpaid him, most likely).

mikeak

Reaction score
Earl wanted to go to Dallas

Dallas didn't offer anything substantial to trade for him

Therefor Earl had to play under the old contract instead of a new one with Dallas that they would have done if he was traded for

Earl gets injured

Everyone knows Earl is pissed at Seattle, but nobody has discussed the possibility that he is also pissed at Dallas. If they offer up something more in the trade he has his long-term contract...….

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
mikeak":1v6r0bil said:

Therefor Earl had to play under the old contract instead of a new one with Dallas that they would have done if he was traded for

Earl gets injured

Everyone knows Earl is pissed at Seattle, but nobody has discussed the possibility that he is also pissed at Dallas. If they offer up something more in the trade he has his long-term contract...….

If you’re pissed at Dallas... you go to the Giants right? They’re due for a cheap QB in the draft which could free up some money.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2q8un8di said:
mikeak":2q8un8di said:

Earl gets injured

If you’re pissed at Dallas... you go to the Giants right? They’re due for a cheap QB in the draft which could free up some money.

If you are pissed at the Cowboys and the Seahawks you go to the 49ers.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Pete is in Sherm's head. He is trying so hard to stick it to the Hawks it's comical.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
2_0_6":3s9ck48p said:
Pete is in Sherm's head. He is trying so hard to stick it to the Hawks it's comical.

That ship has sailed. Sherm is on the downhill side of his career.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chris98251":1q7fr0fp said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1q7fr0fp said:
mikeak":1q7fr0fp said:

Earl gets injured

If you are pissed at the Cowboys and the Seahawks you go to the 49ers.

I'd agree with this. But Earl may want to win another ring, and soon. That means what, Rams? Eagles? Both those teams are archrivals of the Seahawks and are in contention right now. Of course, so are the Chiefs, which is quite close to home as well.

Who knows?

MrThortan

Reaction score
Dang I can't help but wonder if Sherman has this much trouble getting over his ex-girlfriends. Move on fella.

I have soured heavily on Thomas. I would be totally fine if he is not a Seahawk next year. Would suck to have him go to a divisional opponent though. There have been a lot of players I like on the field but not like off of it. Come game-day I will cheer for the team. Ahh the male soap opera that is the NFL

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":27764vma said:
Sports Hernia":27764vma said:
5_Golden_Rings":27764vma said:
Pretty sure he wants to be a Cowgirl.
He does but rumor is that crazy uncle Jerruh doesn’t want to pay him the buck bucks.
If he takes a Sherman type deal then yes, If not then I feel that he’ll take the highest offer.

Well, you know, got kids to feed and all that
True.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2e5g8on6 said:
2_0_6":2e5g8on6 said:

What ship? Sherm still thinks he is one of the best.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
2_0_6":1qrhrw2g said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1qrhrw2g said:
2_0_6":1qrhrw2g said:

What ship? Sherm still thinks he is one of the best.

Sherman is pedestrian at this point. He’ll have flashes of greatness, but he’ll never “stick it to the Hawks”

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Sherm is hurt - that’s clear to see.

If the niners sign Earl, it’ll be quite comical. Probably make for a great movie years down the road. However, 2 breaks in the same leg at 30....

Also, remember how he broke his leg again. It was a simple play. It wasn’t like he got crushed or anything. It just literally gave in.

Regardless of what happens. I will always love both players. They helped establish Seattle as a power house in the nfl and some intermediate hurt feelings won’t ruin what they’ll represent for us for decades