Earl Thomas to SF?

Marvin49

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2bf31j4h said:
Sherm is hurt - that’s clear to see.

If the niners sign Earl, it’ll be quite comical. Probably make for a great movie years down the road. However, 2 breaks in the same leg at 30....

Also, remember how he broke his leg again. It was a simple play. It wasn’t like he got crushed or anything. It just literally gave in.

Regardless of what happens. I will always love both players. They helped establish Seattle as a power house in the nfl and some intermediate hurt feelings won’t ruin what they’ll represent for us for decades

Uh...I think you are reading something into his comments there.

I'm sure he isn't happy with the way he left Seattle, but I don't think that comment had anything to do with that.

I think it had more to do with the 49ers starting 8 different players at safety this year thanks to an unprecedented injury streak. He was also asked specifically about Earl and he answered the question.

...and this must be a sign of the coming Apocalypse. I just defended Richard Sherman. What has the world come to? :D

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":146xn77y said:
ApnaHawk":146xn77y said:

If the niners sign Earl, it’ll be quite comical. Probably make for a great movie years down the road. However, 2 breaks in the same leg at 30....

Also, remember how he broke his leg again. It was a simple play. It wasn’t like he got crushed or anything. It just literally gave in.

Regardless of what happens. I will always love both players. They helped establish Seattle as a power house in the nfl and some intermediate hurt feelings won’t ruin what they’ll represent for us for decades

I'm sure he isn't happy with the way he left Seattle, but I don't think that comment had anything to do with that.

I think it had more to do with the 49ers starting 8 different players at safety this year thanks to an unprecedented injury streak. He was also asked specifically about Earl and he answered the question.

...and this must be a sign of the coming Apocalypse. I just defended Richard Sherman. What has the world come to? :D

It is your destiny..... :twisted:

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":vudp6jou said:
ApnaHawk":vudp6jou said:

I was just generally speaking. I didn't read the comments or watch any videos. I don't know if it's bad luck for the niners this year but the injury bug seems surreal. Maybe look into some better strength and conditioning coaches instead of players

Slick

Reaction score
This is like Bruce Irvin with the Raiders all over again. A butt-hurt talent pipeline.

Every time we drafted a player I thought to myself "Bruce will recruit him for the Raiders in 2 years".

If Sherm wants to stock SFO with some dudes from our team it's a compliment to us in a way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":j297r3dj said:
Marvin49":j297r3dj said:
ApnaHawk":j297r3dj said:

I was just generally speaking. I didn't read the comments or watch any videos. I don't know if it's bad luck for the niners this year but the injury bug seems surreal. Maybe look into some better strength and conditioning coaches instead of players

That question was asked in the last press conference with Shanahan and Lynch. Shanahan effectively said it two years in a row now so they can't just assume its bad luck. They have to do something.

This year was ludicrous though.

They played the last game of the year staring their 5th string RB (Jeff Wilson - McKinnon, Breida, Mostert all hurt, Morris benched...and Wilson got hurt in the 1st quarter), their 3rd string QB (Mullens - tho admittedly he outplayed Beathard), their 4th and 5th WRs (Bourne and Taylor - Garcon, Goodwin, and Pettis all hurt) and don't get me started on the DBs. (Ward, Witherspoon, Colbert, Tartt,)

Its just crazy. They didn't have much depth to begin with and were counting on some younger guys to come through (and some did...Brieda before injury, Kittle in a big way, Pettis was coming around late). It was just a train wreck of injuries all year.

pmedic920

Reaction score
mistaowen":3swbsi92 said:
Would love to have him back as he is considerably better than Tedric and was still a top 5 safety this year but the more he avoids the team, the less likely I think it is he signs. I know his driving motivation is guaranteed big money and has said just pay him and he's here, I just don't think PC/JS will budge. Franchise tag is an option but that probably causes a Le'veon issue.

Cowboys make the most sense with it being his home town, probably will give him the $$ he wants, plus re-united with Kris Richard and an improving defense that could use him.

Dallas not his home town.

Houston would be much closer as his home town is Orange Tx.
Close to Beaumont Tx.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":222q5wx5 said:
mistaowen":222q5wx5 said:
Would love to have him back as he is considerably better than Tedric and was still a top 5 safety this year but the more he avoids the team, the less likely I think it is he signs. I know his driving motivation is guaranteed big money and has said just pay him and he's here, I just don't think PC/JS will budge. Franchise tag is an option but that probably causes a Le'veon issue.

Cowboys make the most sense with it being his home town, probably will give him the $$ he wants, plus re-united with Kris Richard and an improving defense that could use him.

Dallas not his home town.

Houston would be much closer as his home town is Orange Tx.
Close to Beaumont Tx.

Maybe since Orange is closer to Louisiana, he should go to the Saints. :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":1csqqrct said:
ApnaHawk":1csqqrct said:
Marvin49":1csqqrct said:
ApnaHawk":1csqqrct said:

That question was asked in the last press conference with Shanahan and Lynch. Shanahan effectively said it two years in a row now so they can't just assume its bad luck. They have to do something.

This year was ludicrous though.

They played the last game of the year staring their 5th string RB (Jeff Wilson - McKinnon, Breida, Mostert all hurt, Morris benched...and Wilson got hurt in the 1st quarter), their 3rd string QB (Mullens - tho admittedly he outplayed Beathard), their 4th and 5th WRs (Bourne and Taylor - Garcon, Goodwin, and Pettis all hurt) and don't get me started on the DBs. (Ward, Witherspoon, Colbert, Tartt,)

Its just crazy. They didn't have much depth to begin with and were counting on some younger guys to come through (and some did...Brieda before injury, Kittle in a big way, Pettis was coming around late). It was just a train wreck of injuries all year.

....and on that note....

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... ray-wright

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Tusc2000":15okybrm said:
Not sure what set Sherman off when he departed, but he definitely seems to have a hair up his butt for the Seahawks org. Yeah, we called the wrong play in the Super Bowl, but .... how long is he going to hold that grudge?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/richard-sh ... 32115.html
I think it has three parts.
(1) The play call.
(2) His (and several defensive players') resultant angst.
(3) Blowback from fans, coaches and media over what the defensive players believed to be a justified response to a dynasty destroying play call.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1xdbzmpa said:
Marvin49":1xdbzmpa said:
ApnaHawk":1xdbzmpa said:

Funny you said that. They just fired their strength and conditioning coach.

EDIT- Oh, Marvin already posted it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":37rtdzn0 said:
Marvin49":37rtdzn0 said:
ApnaHawk":37rtdzn0 said:

Could be the devil is coming back to collect his due from the deal that the criminal known as Fast Eddie D with him during last century’s Super Bowl run?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1s0woo84 said:
ApnaHawk":1s0woo84 said:
Marvin49":1s0woo84 said:
ApnaHawk":1s0woo84 said:

Could be the devil is coming back to collect his due from the deal that the criminal known as Fast Eddie D with him during last century’s Super Bowl run?

Bevell is coming to the Niners? :twisted:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3ssijk67 said:
Sports Hernia":3ssijk67 said:
ApnaHawk":3ssijk67 said:
Marvin49":3ssijk67 said:

Bevell is coming to the Niners? :twisted:

Can we make that a thing????