Earl Thomas: Was it just me?

MizzouHawks

Reaction score
Or was he missing some tackles today? Very uncharacteristic from him. Not sure what happened on that deep ball either. Maybe Luck is just that good.

Riley12

Reaction score
He seemed to be the only one actually trying to make tackles. Sherman was too busy getting turned around. Browner was too busy bumping
receivers or getting beat by them. Kam was around, I think.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah dude, what are you talking about? He saved at least 3 LONG screen passes with his usual "appear from the left like a missle, out of nowhere, and sure open-field takedown"

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I thought he had a pretty good game, at least for the DBs. He is not a huge guy and he still managed to bring one dude down for no gain.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He also made some clutch tackles that had Lynch drooling in the commentator booth.

TJH

Reaction score
MizzouHawks":2h3h6dlw said:
Very uncharacteristic from him

He missed the 4th most tackles of any safety in the league last year. Unfortunately, that is kind of in character. I actually thought he was pretty good today though.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Sometimes it looks like the defense is trying so hard to strip the ball, they forget to tackle the guy.

pehawk

Reaction score
TJH":33qncvml said:
MizzouHawks":33qncvml said:

He missed the 4th most tackles of any safety in the league last year. Unfortunately, that is kind of in character. I actually thought he was pretty good today though.

Alright, enough with this guy. Everything he posts is for attention (and that's coming from me, so, it must be bad).

General Manager

Reaction score
Thomas played fine today. They simply didn't get enough pressure on Luck in the second half that plus the bad calls on the road and it adds up to a loss. One more thing the Colts ran the ball very effectively that second half also.

TJH

Reaction score
pehawk":8upxrcx9 said:
TJH":8upxrcx9 said:
MizzouHawks":8upxrcx9 said:

Alright, enough with this guy. Everything he posts is for attention (and that's coming from me, so, it must be bad).

What exactly do you have a problem with here?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wartooth":qhzna94j said:
Sometimes it looks like the defense is trying so hard to strip the ball, they forget to tackle the guy.

This^.

In high school, I would have been benched for the things that have become common place in today's football. College and pro. I've grown to accept it with the Hawks, and to a degree, the Dawgs. These are ball-hawkin' Ds that typically create carnage with this technique of tackling the ball 1st, runner 2nd.

It's fugly when it don't work out, but it doesn't take many TOs to compensate for the loss of yards should the ball not be taken away. I think the technique is here to stay, but I think the players need to be coached up a bit on when and where to employ it. Sometimes a stop is as valuable as a turn-over. I love the aggression of our D and don't wish to temper that aggression. They just need to play smarter.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Earl is good for at least two missed tackles per game that nobody notices. Most of the time, the reason nobody notices is because he makes up for it with 20 other plays that seal the win. But he does miss tackles.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Earl whiffed a couple of times. The rest of the game he was really solid, especially considering he's often much smaller than the guy he's trying to tackle.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Wartooth":2f40avb5 said:
I think you are right I see that type of thing often.

TJH

Reaction score
pehawk":3lsi8r00 said:
TJH":3lsi8r00 said:
MizzouHawks":3lsi8r00 said:

Still waiting to hear what your problem with this post is.

pehawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3hd9061o said:
Earl is good for at least two missed tackles per game that nobody notices. Most of the time, the reason nobody notices is because he makes up for it with 20 other plays that seal the win. But he does miss tackles.

Hmm, kind of sounds like a case made for Russell Wilson and missed WR's.

TJH

Reaction score
Throwdown":fhcpi3lj said:
You don't seem to be a Seahawks fan.

Yep. For 3 years, and several years on my old account before that. I'm going for the long con. Attack the post not the poster, blah blah blah.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He missed a few tackles today and was out of position a few other times. Other times he was good as PE stated. ET is the least of this teams worries!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If we're relying on Earl to make open field tackles on his own, that shows what a shitty game the rest of our defense had.