Earl Thomas

seedhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":2ofatoqg said:
vin.couve12":2ofatoqg said:
The Easley comments are very off. Even to the point of discrediting themselves.

No safety in the history of this game hits like Kam.

That's not to say that Easley wasn't one of the best safeties in history, but this conversation reminds me of topics discussed with my brother and how everything was better in the 80s.

I was there too. Some things were and some weren't. Fact remains that no one at the safety position can slap around any of the 11 players on the offensive side of the ball like Kam can. It's just the truth.

Some "everybody wins" jerk will say that's just an opinion, but it's really not....

No, you weren't there. If you had ever seen Tatum, Easley or Lott play in person, you'd never make such a silly statement.

I have NEVER seen Kam hit someone so hard that everyone, including the fans, thought the player was dead. I've never seen him hit someone and send them off on a stretcher. Last I checked, he's never paralyzed anyone either.

Because Kam is playing under a different set of rules! None of the "killer" safeties mentioned in this thread played under the "defensless reciever" rule. Or the no head to head contact. The safety comparison here is like comparing Rosie Greer and his patented head slap move to Red Bryant.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
HansGruber":2rxjnruu said:
vin.couve12":2rxjnruu said:

That's not to say that Easley wasn't one of the best safeties in history, but this conversation reminds me of topics discussed with my brother and how everything was better in the 80s.

I was there too. Some things were and some weren't. Fact remains that no one at the safety position can slap around any of the 11 players on the offensive side of the ball like Kam can. It's just the truth.

Some "everybody wins" jerk will say that's just an opinion, but it's really not....

No, you weren't there. If you had ever seen Tatum, Easley or Lott play in person, you'd never make such a silly statement.

I have NEVER seen Kam hit someone so hard that everyone, including the fans, thought the player was dead. I've never seen him hit someone and send them off on a stretcher. Last I checked, he's never paralyzed anyone either.

Unfortunately I witnessed a kid end up quadriplegic from a football hit and even more unfortunate that I'm using it to educate you, but it had nothing to do with the other player being a bad arse hitter. It was bad form and it was indeed in the 80s in a high school game.

Am I to believe that a high schooler is the biggest, baddest hitter ever? Am I to believe that it all of the sudden changed his height and weight to a player larger than Kam even though they aren't anywhere close?

Opposing arguments have turned to Easley magically gaining 30 pounds and growing taller to near killing and maiming. It's just sad.

Subzero717

Reaction score
HansGruber":3fyv0u03 said:
vin.couve12":3fyv0u03 said:

I agree. The game was different. The Soul Patrol. Lott. Easley. Its just different.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He has been great this year. really impressed with the progress he has made each year he has been in the league.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I hope he wins it, and Pete calls Taylor Mays to say: "that's why".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3g3wn8lz said:
Opposing arguments have turned to Easley magically gaining 30 pounds and growing taller to near killing and maiming. It's just sad.

Kenny Easley did almost as much damage to himself with his (legal) hits, as to whomever was on the receiving end, so 30 lbs or 50 pounds, Easley was one of the most intimidating players back then, and it's sad that you still don't get it.
Kenny Easley was more of an all around baller Safety, that the opponents had to game plan for when they played against the Seahawks.
Harbaugh probably dislikes the hell out of Chancellor,> BUT < he actually game planned to try'n take Earl Thomas out of the equation, not Maxwell, and not Chancellor, Thomas.

HansGruber

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3levu3x5 said:
HansGruber":3levu3x5 said:
vin.couve12":3levu3x5 said:

Unfortunately I witnessed a kid end up quadriplegic from a football hit and even more unfortunate that I'm using it to educate you, but it had nothing to do with the other player being a bad arse hitter. It was bad form and it was indeed in the 80s in a high school game.

Am I to believe that a high schooler is the biggest, baddest hitter ever? Am I to believe that it all of the sudden changed his height and weight to a player larger than Kam even though they aren't anywhere close?

What's sad is seeing a young Seahawk fan try to diminish the talent of a former Seahawk who belongs in the HOF. Arguably the greatest to ever play the game at his position. Ronnie Lott said Easley was the best safety who ever played. Imagine the ferocious hitting of Kam combined with the speed and coverage skills of Thomas. Actually, better than Thomas. Last I checked, not a single member of the Legion of Boom has ever had a 10-Int season.

Which is what you're not getting. What made Easley so great wasn't just the violence. He was arguably the best coverage DB in the NFL in his prime too. Prototype.

But whatever. I'm done arguing it. Believe what you want. I love Kam too! One of my favorite things about him is he brought the spirit of Easley back to this team. I just think it's inaccurate to say he's a bigger hitter than Easley or Tatum. Those dudes were literally feared and hated by the entire rest of the NFL.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'm not diminishing anything, kraut. Never even said a thing about Easley's overall play or anything else with the exception of false claims about Easley's size, your killing/maiming comments and the simple truth that he wasn't as big of a hitter as Kam is. You immediately went on the defensive.

If you're going to say I'm doing something on insinuating something at least get it right.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hard-hitting safeties from a couple/few decades back would get ejected in the first quarter of each game in today's NFL and by the time they had gotten six ejections in the first six weeks of the regular season, they'd disgustedly say they quit this pansy-ass game and refuse to come back.

Not comparable. Those guys were allowed to get away with so much more.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
Im not going to say he's the hardest hitting safety ever, but there's not a lot of DB's now or yesterday that have played with Cam's power in the box. I've seen him sit offensive lineman on their asses multiple times.

Edit: Sean Taylor