Earl tweets he's contemplating retirement

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2erikhcf said:
Moon speculated 6-8 weeks. That's possibly NFL CG/Superbowl if they carry him.

Did Gronk infect Thomas with the Madden Curse when Thomas took Gronks soul?

if this is indeed the time table for his return then I think we keep him off IR. The superbowl is 9 weeks away. The NFCC game is 7 weeks away.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Here's a Doctor talking about Earl's injury.

[youtube]rmDON2mXF4k[/youtube]

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3lv6f5ea said:
Did Gronk infect Thomas with the Madden Curse when Thomas took Gronks soul?

Yes

Gronk3.jpg

Congrats on your W today.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
If he is done for good, how good are his chances at getting into Canton?

A

Anonymous

My doc buddy says if it is a compkete snap with fragments free he might get pinned, plated, and/orscrewed, then we're screwed.

A green-stick break without complete separation is what we need. Reset, heal, good to go.

Okay, we need to hack that MRI/x-ray. Somebody get on that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3pif5ts1 said:
Megatron":3pif5ts1 said:
HoustonHawk82":3pif5ts1 said:
425HawkSpark":3pif5ts1 said:
What's a timeline on his cracked tibula?

For the record: The bone is the "tibia", which is the smaller calf bone. Not to be confused with the"fibula" or shin bone.

:les:

You have it backwards, the tibia is the larger bone (shin bone) and the fibula is the smaller bone.

http://www.childrenshospital.org/~/...er-extremity-program/tibula_fibula.ashx?la=en

Timeline on injury depends on where the fracture occurred and if it was displaced or not. Cracked tibia could mean anything.

My correction stands corrected.

Thanks.

As you mention, depending on the nature of the fracture, it could mean he could lose a good bit of his speed, which is pretty much his game. Sucks big time, regardless.

Sweet, so the tibula is the bone in the middle that connects them. Got it. :2thumbs:

As for losing his speed, ummm no. Unless the bone doesn't come back the same strength (which is more common in a compound fracture than a "crack" or fracture), he'll be back 100%. You don't lose speed damaging a bone. You lose speed in tearing tendons and especially ligaments. Even that isn't as common as it used to be.

i wonder if they could surgically put a plate in there to get him out there faster.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crazy to think about the series of events the past few weeks.

The two favorites for the SB play each other. Gronk and Thomas collide on a big hit.

Last week Gronk's season came to an end.

Looks like Earl's season comes to an end this week.

Both injuries will be huge for both teams. Good debate on who's absence will be missed more.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Literally 90 seconds after the "contemplating retirement" tweet, he tweeted out "Kam, you owe me a steak! haha".

Last week when he missed the game he tweeted, "After I have peeled away all the layers I miss being with the team. Peace is very critical, I hope we dominate and become stronger#seahawks"

He aint retiring.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Poor Earl....he can't seem to catch a break lately. He's an emotional guy and it probably got the best of him. He's a competitive guy and I bet he'll be back as soon as possible.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Tibia = Top (bone)

That's the way I first heard in in grade-school health class, and I've remembered it ever since.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
His tweet made me sad. Made me think that one day all these amazing players we have these past 5-7 years who are the teams identity will be retiring sooner than later. Just going to be missed and everyone after them will be compared to them. Hope they find players like that for the future.

Hope earl keeps playing. But he's made good money and I could see him as a coach. Might need to look in the draft for a earl type player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
I don't know Thomas the way you guys do. When Rodney Harrison was taken off the field for the last time I knew by the way he waved at the crowd that that was it.

I fractured my tibia at 23 years old. If I hadn't had a precautionary X-ray I wouldn't have known anything had happened. This injury wouldn't cause anyone to retire unless they want to retire. My bet, again without knowing Thomas, is that he'll be back.

RussB

Reaction score
BostonBlackie":29g4dgyt said:
I don't know Thomas the way you guys do. When Rodney Harrison was taken off the field for the last time I knew by the way he waved at the crowd that that was it.

I fractured my tibia at 23 years old. If I hadn't had a precautionary X-ray I wouldn't have known anything had happened. This injury wouldn't cause anyone to retire unless they want to retire. My bet, again without knowing Thomas, is that he'll be back.
Hell be back, hes just a very intense dude and thats why hes saying all the retirement stuff.

Rob12

Reaction score
He's not retiring.

People say things in the heat of the moment that they don't mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Matt_Calkins/status/805643859405307905[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/805650873179222016[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/805649721117196288[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/805649852436615169[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/805652511403089920[/tweet]

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Megatron":2zmd513t said:
HoustonHawk82":2zmd513t said:
425HawkSpark":2zmd513t said:
What's a timeline on his cracked tibula?

For the record: The bone is the "tibia", which is the smaller calf bone. Not to be confused with the"fibula" or shin bone.

:les:

You have it backwards, the tibia is the larger bone (shin bone) and the fibula is the smaller bone.

http://www.childrenshospital.org/~/...er-extremity-program/tibula_fibula.ashx?la=en

Timeline on injury depends on where the fracture occurred and if it was displaced or not. Cracked tibia could mean anything.

LOL! Was about to say.