Eddie Lacy vs. Marshawn Lynch

HansGruber

Reaction score
Also, the comparisons to Lynch are wildly inaccurate. Had Lacy on my fantasy team last season, and like mentioned above, he was real hot and cold, plus he was injured. I watched him against SF and a few other games, and he was going down on first contact.

If anything, he's more like Trent Richardson than Marshawn Lynch.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
hawk45":1073vg2y said:
Almost forgot:

D) This is before the annual Okung injury, Carpenter hits the conditioning wall, and a grab bag of 2 other starting linemen pull up lame, so Lynch - fresh himself from an entire offseason - will have actual blocking out there. I don't trust pass pro until I see it with this line, but run blocking we know they can do.

This says it all ,bro

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":x0cejdga said:
HawkWow":x0cejdga said:
I'm glad Lynch got his money, but he probably doesn't hold out if Lacy is on the roster. As soon as Lynch committed to his hold out, my fear was realized.... Michael sux.

Lynch held out because he knew this is his last season. And he wanted to get paid while he could.

That's it.
Exactly. Besides with these new rules the Seahawks will be transitioning into an offense far more focused on Wilson then Lynch or any RB for good or bad.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Without Red Bryant on early downs, I'm unsure of how dominant our rushing D will this season. Given that, Lacy is a big and shifty runner who's not afraid of contact. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 100+ yards. But GB is starting a rookie center, so I also wouldn't be surprised if he has a ho-hum day of 65 yards and 1 TD. I do expect GB to try and establish a running game early, so we'll find out early in the game.

FWIW, I'd take Lacy over CM. Some Lacy highlights:

[youtube]oihwkYkk5YM[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lacy is a big X Factor tonight.

If I was game planning for the Packers, I'd come out in two TE sets and test the Hawks interior D by pounding Lacy up inside........then pick some spots for play action.

The Hawks D will probably still bend but not break enough for the Packers to win, but IMO this is their best chance to keep the game close and take the fans out as much as possible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1of3wx1q said:
The Packers don't have any TE's do they? Not any good ones anyway.

When you have Rodgers you're gonna have some TE production.........and I'm just talking about run blocking, so their TE's can block just fine in the run game.

McG

Reaction score
McG":t7lncs8w said:
With that said, I still think Lynch tears up GB for around 120 YDs and 2 TDs.

I was pretty close, but if you take into account his passing stats then he had a total of 124 YDs (110 rushing, 14 receiving) and 2 TDs. I think I watch too much football.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'd love to hear now from those who said they'd take Lacy over Michael. You saw it first-hand last night, what I said earlier - Lacy is too injury-prone and goes down on first contact. I only saw him fight and gain extra yardage on a couple plays. Most of the night, he was getting taken down on the first hit, and I saw him get arm-tackled by our CBs and LBs. I don't even know how you seriously compare that to Lynch. Lynch would NEVER go down on an arm tackle by a CB or LB. He might even hurt someone. Or bitch-slap them into a parallel dimension a la Tracy Porter on the BeastQuake run.

And a concussion? Ooof. That's not good. This guy has a long history of injuries and nobody is talking about it. Which I find hilarious. The only reason he fell so far in the draft was his history of injuries at Alabama. And now he's struggling with them in the NFL. I'll be surprised if he makes it to his extension healthy enough to rack up any real yardage. It's going to be a constant issue.

Sometimes you have to actually watch guys play to separate fact from hype. I watched Lacy last season and he is all hype. Trent Richardson Part 2.