Marshawn Lynch on Wilson and Pete Carroll

strohmin

Reaction score
SMH @ the comments on that video by people who acted all disappointed by the boos directed at Wilson. They do know that Wilson acted like a primadonna and demanded out of Seattle, don't they?
Most of them are casuals that only go off what the media says

sc85sis

Reaction score
I still have my opinion on the last call. I consider it the biggest blunder in sports.

Yes, PC and Bevell hold ultimate responsibility and some may think Russ was “just doing his job”.

Nonetheless, it’s Russ who threw an INT on the 1 yard line. It’s Russ who forced his way out. It’s Russ who had a career low last year. It’s Russ at the helm of one of the worst teams in the league who before last season, were considered Super Bowl contenders. It’s Russ whose media presence and marketability has dropped off a cliff. The Dangerwich didn’t last long.

Let’s ride Russ apologist…Let’s ride!
It’s Russ who later claimed God said he was using him.

There’s plenty of blame to go around for what happened. We are getting dribs and drabs from a select group but NOT the entire story from all sides. Each person’s POV is accurate to him. That doesn’t mean it’s 100% reality.

In hindsight, did Pete coddle Russ too much? Probably, but he wouldn’t have done so without reason.

Does Russ apparently feel it’s necessary to control all aspects of how he’s presented - even if he actually ends up alienating himself from others? Maybe.

Is Marshawn perfect? No. He’s had his issues with the law and the press and trying to take sides in ways that may have exacerbated some issues with team dynamics.

What about Richard, et al? They felt PO’d about Pete’s treatment of Russ. I get that. But could they have talked to Pete about it privately instead of letting bad feelings simmer? Could they have worked harder to let go of the SB loss?

It’s easy to point fingers in hindsight. It’s also pointless.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russ during the first superbowl was amazing but I would argue he got exposed during the playoffs of the second superbowl and kept getting worse from them. It felt like he started out legendary and peaked during the superbowl but then started losing his magic after that. Coincidently he divorced his first wife and im not sure whether that affected him or not. He was not as good during the season after the divorce if you look at the stats from each game that season.

Some of you guys are living in an alternate Hawk's universe or something. Russ made 8 Pro Bowls, threw for 4,000 yards and 35+ TD's, triple digit passer ratings and was in the conversation for MVP a many times all the way up until 2021.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The denial is pretty damn entertaining. I don't like a guy, so he sucked and had nothing to do with them winning!!
Dot net........

strohmin

Reaction score
Some of you guys are living in an alternate Hawk's universe or something. Russ made 8 Pro Bowls, threw for 4,000 yards and 35+ TD's, triple digit passer ratings and was in the conversation for MVP a many times all the way up until 2021.

His total stats may have been great but if you look at what teams those stats came against, its not as impressive. He may have been in the conversation for MVP but didnt receive a single vote. His post season record consists of beating an overrated lions team that lucked their way into the playoffs and an eagles team led by Josh McCown.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
His total stats may have been great but if you look at what teams those stats came against, its not as impressive. He may have been in the conversation for MVP but didnt receive a single vote. His post season record consists of beating an overrated lions team that lucked their way into the playoffs and an eagles team led by Josh McCown.

Ahh yes. We shouldn't look at the facts and stats, we should cherry pick anecdotal half truths and only information that caters to your incorrect opinions.

Welcome to 2023 people. This is the state of civil discourse.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It would take a half an hour to list his accomplishments as a QB and how many huge games they won w/him under center.
A big reason I retired from this tired old argument several months ago. Waste of energy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Statistically he's been just fine in Denver and this year is shaping up as a career year for him yet his team is bottom 5 franchise with no way out sounds like Seattle for last few years before he was traded. He's very similar to Kirk Cousins in my opinion he always gets good statistics but they are totally empty and his team is usually a dumpster fire or at best a paper tiger.

His issue is that he thinks he's the stick that stirs the drink when it's actually other parts (defense/running backs that stir him....the drink).

Last edited:

strohmin

Reaction score
Ahh yes. We shouldn't look at the facts and stats, we should cherry pick anecdotal half truths and only information that caters to your incorrect opinions.

Welcome to 2023 people. This is the state of civil discourse.
Riiighhhtt because just looking at total numbers tells the whole story. 2023 is about casual analysis based off only total stats to support your incorrect opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Statistically he's been just fine in Denver and this year is shaping up as a career year for him yet his team is bottom 5 franchise with no way out sounds like Seattle for last few years before he was traded. He's very similar to Kirk Cousins in my opinion he always gets good statistics but they are totally empty and his team is usually a dumpster fire or at best a paper tiger.

His issue is that he thinks he's the stick that stirs the drink when it's actually other parts (defense/running backs that stir him....the drink).

What, six playoff appearances out of eight years since the SB loss to the Patriots, with three wins? Most of those seasons with a post LOB mediocre defense.

Russ was a very good to great QB in 90% of his seasons in Seattle. Again, it sure seems like you guys are trying to re-write history because you now don't like him anymore. Which I get the not liking him part, but the part where you're minimizing his success in Seattle is a head scratcher.

Be a better fan than that.

GemCity

Reaction score
The denial is pretty damn entertaining. I don't like a guy, so he sucked and had nothing to do with them winning!!
Dot net........
I don’t like him but, up until 2020’ish…I certainly did.

No doubt he was an integral part and a big reason we competed.

But, I do relish in seeing him fail now 😂.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was the QB on the team that won a lot of games, was it due to his ability or those around him and on defense, hero ball worked because of guys like Baldwin, I would argue that if he ran the offense as intended those last minute heroics would not have been necessary as often as well. He has skills, but I don't think he is one to elevate those around him as much as the type of personalities of those players would not allow the team to lose. The proof is what we can do now as well as with Lock when he was in as a back up versus what his good stats again show in Denver with a losing record. They do not have the cast of characters to offset what he does and bail him out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They ALL contributed to the winning. Why is that so hard to accept? Defense, Marshawn, Russ, Pete, all of it = a LOT of winning. And yes, Russ was a massive part of it.
No matter how much that hurts people's feels.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Russ was a big part of that SB win. I doubt we win that SB with T-Jack behind center. The one thing that Russ did well was avoid turnovers. From the "14 NFC Championship on, the tide turned against Russ on ball security. 5 or 6 interceptions in the NFCCG alone, and an interception to give the Patriots the SB.

I don't think Russ ever really fully recovered after that.

I think most will acknowledge Russ's success during the LOB days. Most also acknowledge that what got Russ those successes is no longer there, such as his athletic ability and the absence of the LOB.

Today, Russ does look old and slow. While he may look OK when running, he is nowhere near as elusive as he once was. He's a much easier sack target now then he was.