Marshawn Lynch on Wilson and Pete Carroll

BigMeach

Reaction score
Who is Marshall? Is that Marshawn's twin brother? :p

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I truly believed, and still do that Russ has the worst representation and inner circle in the history of sports.

To not want the most respected dude in your locker room who's asking you if you want him to have your back, and tell him to get lost from a blocked number?

That's just crazy to me man. Just crazy.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I truly believed, and still do that Russ has the worst representation and inner circle in the history of sports.

To not want the most respected dude in your locker room who's asking you if you want him to have your back, and tell him to get lost from a blocked number?

That's just crazy to me man. Just crazy.
He didn't need Lynch to have his back, Carroll had his back in spades apparently from multiple people

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He didn't need Lynch to have his back, Carroll had his back in spades apparently from multiple people

He did need Lynch to have his back. That's why it ended like it ended. If Russ had any real relationships with his teammates, especially the ones everyone respected like Lynch and the LOB, then he wouldn't have turned into the delusional egotistic out of touch diva he turned into.

He would have had REAL friends who kept it real with him to keep him in check. This is why it all went south in Seattle, and is now going south again in Denver.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
He did need Lynch to have his back. That's why it ended like it ended. If Russ had any real relationships with his teammates, especially the ones everyone respected like Lynch and the LOB, then he wouldn't have turned into the delusional egotistic out of touch diva he turned into.

He would have had REAL friends who kept it real with him to keep him in check. This is why it all went south in Seattle, and is now going south again in Denver.
I can agree with that. The problem here is I don't think he wanted any real friends on the team, and what I was trying to say in the above post was that once he found out Carroll had his back, he didn't care about anyone else having it.

Mick063

Reaction score
I quit watching the team and posting here for two full seasons because I couldn't stand to watch Russell Wilson play football. It was the most frustrating thing in the world to watch that man get idolized for his mediocre play. I almost abandoned pro football completely. Perhaps the reason that I am the biggest Geno fan in the world is because he represents the end of Russell Wilson in Seattle. Geno gave me my fandom back. If the team brings in another persistent "off script" QB, I will abandon my fandom again....until he is gone. I despise that brand of inconsistent, unpredictable, unreliable football.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marshawn is about as real a person you will ever know on this blue marble snd he's super wealthy and for real intelligent. No such thing as a dumb person graduating from Cal Berkeley they don't play.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Do you hang out with or have everybody’s personal number at work? Or do you just go your on separate way when you leave work? No different for a football player
Interesting question. I work in a Penitentiary. When I worked in special housing units we work as a team in a difficult job. A lot of breaking up fights and forced cell moves, all on camera with force review interviews with management with the possibility of court action later. We had to have each others back and be able to vent in safe spaces. I did hang out with this crew often after work. We called and texted often especially after a rough day of good one. When I worked the regular line I associated with coworkers off work every so often, but it was more just regular friend stuff, fishing playing pool, helping with home improvement projects and the everyone favorite activity, moving.

warden

Reaction score
A lot of people I work with, I wouldn’t waste my time hanging out with them outside of work. And not because they were bad people but because we were different people. Mind you there were some people that I would think to myself, the only reason I even talk to you is because they pay me to. Then on the other side, I have met some really wonderful people at work who I have become friends with.

keasley45

Reaction score

I agree with you. but i dont think he turned into anything. According to teammates and coaches from NC State, he was the same narcissistic dude there. And those accounts predated his blossoming into the knucklehead he showed himself to be going back 3 years now.

And for all of the Ciara haters, Lynch's account dates back to 2013. Russ has ALWAYS been this dude. Always. It was only that his psychosis was fed, rather than checked, when Pete chose him over the LOB.

Its like the quote Dennis Green made famous ... but, for the LOB - 'He is who we thought he was, and (Pete) let him off the hook'.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Marshawn is about as real a person you will ever know on this blue marble snd he's super wealthy and for real intelligent. No such thing as a dumb person graduating from Cal Berkeley they don't play.
Not disagreeing with you about Marshawn. He’s extremely intelligent.
However I have met plenty of dumb people who graduated from top schools (including Cal Berkeley) and many intellectuals who haven’t gone to college.

strohmin

Reaction score
Do you hang out with or have everybody’s personal number at work? Or do you just go your on separate way when you leave work? No different for a football player
Yeah and thats what separates good teams from great teams. The best teams always have the best relationships. Russ choosing to be like that and pete allowing is what destroyed the team. Pete always spouts his nonsense of play for the other guy and all this bs yet he allows one guy to be as selfish as he wants. Im not mad at Wilson, Im mad at Pete for allowing this bs by taking Wilson's side.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree with you. but i dont think he turned into anything. According to teammates and coaches from NC State, he was the same narcissistic dude there. And those accounts predated his blossoming into the knucklehead he showed himself to be going back 3 years now.

And for all of the Ciara haters, Lynch's account dates back to 2013. Russ has ALWAYS been this dude. Always. It was only that his psychosis was fed, rather than checked, when Pete chose him over the LOB.

Its like the quote Dennis Green made famous ... but, for the LOB - 'He is who we thought he was, and (Pete) let him off the hook'.

I do think Russ probably has always had a hard time relating to his teammates, maybe he has some sort of personality disorder?

Idk, but it definitely got worse when he met Ciara and started running in different social circles, etc. I think he's easily influenced by people who might not have his best interest to heart.

I mean, we've had these conversations for a decade. I don't think Russ is a bad dude, I just think he's a weird dude that has a delusional sense of how the world sees him. Like he's the last guy to get the joke. Or doesn't even understand it at all.