ESPN Poll: Which RB would you want on your team this season?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":14sjc15p said:
hawknation2015":14sjc15p said:
keatonisballin":14sjc15p said:
Lol when was the last time Peterson even played in a game? I'm so tired of the mass circle jerk that he gets.

2014-09-07
MIN @ STL
21 carries, 75 yards (3.57 yards/carry), zero TDs, 2 receptions, 18 yards, zero TDs

One of only three games he has played in since Dec 8, 2013.
The other two:

2013-12-08
MIN @ BAL
7 carries, 13 yards (1.86 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 4 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 15 with a foot injury.

2013-12-22
MIN @ CIN
11 carries, 45 yards (4.09 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 2 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 17 with a foot injury.

Peterson has not scored a TD since 2013-11-24 @ GNB.

Not a very large sample size there...He did better than Lynch did last year @STL btw...

Lynch had 18 carries 53 yards with zero TDs, 18 receiving yards AND Seahawks lost...Vikings won

Heck Wilson had more rushing yards than both (106) AND had a TD.

But anyway Lynch and AP...cant go wrong with either....Hope both have great years

Vikings won all those games? No, Vikings lost each of the two final games in which Peterson played in 2013.

Lynch went on to have a historic season after that Rams game, and the distraction caused by the mid-season trade of Percy Harvin and uncertainty surrounding his future contract situation, leading the Seahawks to a 2nd-consecutive Super Bowl. And the Seahawks probably win their 2nd-consecutive Super Bowl if Wilson just hands the ball to the BEAST.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1d8wmfme said:
WilsonMVP":1d8wmfme said:
hawknation2015":1d8wmfme said:
keatonisballin":1d8wmfme said:
Lol when was the last time Peterson even played in a game? I'm so tired of the mass circle jerk that he gets.

2014-09-07
MIN @ STL
21 carries, 75 yards (3.57 yards/carry), zero TDs, 2 receptions, 18 yards, zero TDs

One of only three games he has played in since Dec 8, 2013.
The other two:

2013-12-08
MIN @ BAL
7 carries, 13 yards (1.86 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 4 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 15 with a foot injury.

2013-12-22
MIN @ CIN
11 carries, 45 yards (4.09 yards/carry), zero TDs, 1 reception, 2 yards, zero TDs

Sat out Week 17 with a foot injury.

Peterson has not scored a TD since 2013-11-24 @ GNB.

Not a very large sample size there...He did better than Lynch did last year @STL btw...

Lynch had 18 carries 53 yards with zero TDs, 18 receiving yards AND Seahawks lost...Vikings won

But anyway Lynch and AP...cant go wrong with either....Hope both have great years

Vikings won all those games? No, Vikings lost each of the two final games in which Peterson played in 2013.

Lynch went on to have a historic season after that Rams game, and the distraction caused by the mid-season trade of Percy Harvin and uncertainty surrounding his future contract situation, leading the Seahawks to a 2nd-consecutive Super Bowl. And the Seahawks probably win their 2nd-consecutive Super Bowl if Wilson just hands the ball to the BEAST.

How is 1306 rushing yards (4.7 YPC) a historic season. Lynch was good last year but historic??? IDK about that

Lynch has been great, but its not like hes doing anything historic or amazing. The Line is BUILT for run blocking, and his QB is a running threat on his own. Wilson was like the 16th player in rushing yards last year. You dont think that helps Lynch at all?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":xuuh2a6t said:
hawknation2015":xuuh2a6t said:
WilsonMVP":xuuh2a6t said:
hawknation2015":xuuh2a6t said:

How is 1306 rushing yards (4.7 YPC) a historic season. Lynch was good last year but historic??? IDK about that

Lynch has been great, but its not like hes doing anything historic or amazing. The Line is BUILT for run blocking, and his QB is a running threat on his own. Wilson was like the 16th player in rushing yards last year. You dont think that helps Lynch at all?

Historic in terms of 100+ broken tackles . . . yes, absolutely, as no back has ever recorded more, while leading his team to a 2nd-consecutive Super Bowl.

ptSw58g.gif

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Guarantee if we had Tjack, Ponder, Cassel or Frerotte the only thing Lynch would be leading is a quick exit out of the playoffs every year if we even got there :lol:

Those QBs are all below 80 career QB rating QBs...some even below 75...

Love Lynch and Love AP as runners. I just think AP is one of the best RBs in the history of the NFL where Lynch is just one of the best in his own generation. Breaking that many tackles is impressive but it still only lead to 1300 yards.

Not trying to say Lynch is bad...hes an Elite RB, I just dont think hes a historic RB and thats ok. Everyone has an opinion. I hope he rushes his way to a second superbowl win.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1qeiwxta said:
Guarantee if we had Tjack, Ponder, Cassel or Frerotte the only thing Lynch would be leading is a quick exit out of the playoffs every year if we even got there :lol:

Why do the Wilsonistas have to turn every thread into a QB argument? Marshawn Lynch and the defense being great does not take anything away from Wilson being great too. He is a Top 5 QB.

Even in 2012 when Peterson had his 348 carries, he only forced a total of 71 missed tackles.

Compare that to Lynch's unbelievable 108 broken tackles in 2013 and 117 broken tackles (becoming the only RB to record over 100 in the regular season) in 2014.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1reunzma said:
WilsonMVP":1reunzma said:

Why do the Wilsonistas have to turn every thread into a QB argument? Marshawn Lynch and the defense being great does not take anything away from Wilson being great too. He is a Top 5 QB.

Even in 2012 when Peterson had his 348 carries, he only forced a total of 71 missed tackles.

Compare that to Lynch's unbelievable 108 broken tackles in 2013 and 117 broken tackles (becoming the only RB to record over 100 in the regular season) in 2014.

Why is broken tackles your ultimate metric for a RB...AP usually just cuts so hard and runs by them and doesnt even need to break a tackle. Lynch is unquestionably better at plowing through defenders than AP but Lynch doesnt have the same explosiveness or ability to cut

And I only brought the QBs up because you said Lynch Lead the Seahawks to back to back superbowls. He has had the luxury of playing with a QB who has had 2 100+ QB rating seasons and another in the high 90s. Do people believe that Wilson really doesnt help Lynch at all? Especially when they do the read option runs? Not only by his passing ability but his abiity to run.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2l8c9pzn said:
hawknation2015":2l8c9pzn said:
WilsonMVP":2l8c9pzn said:

Why is broken tackles your ultimate metric for a RB...AP usually just cuts so hard and runs by them and doesnt even need to break a tackle. Lynch is unquestionably better at plowing through defenders than AP but Lynch doesnt have the same explosiveness or ability to cut

And I only brought the QBs up because you said Lynch Lead the Seahawks to back to back superbowls. He has had the luxury of playing with a QB who has had 2 100+ QB rating seasons and another in the high 90s. Do people believe that Wilson really doesnt help Lynch at all? Especially when they do the read option runs? Not only by his passing ability but his abiity to run.

Of course, Wilson helps Lynch (though not sure how Wilson helps Lynch break 100+ tackles per season?), just like Lynch helps Wilson.

Lynch being great does not take anything away from Wilson, and vice versa.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2z5a4lm1 said:
WilsonMVP":2z5a4lm1 said:
hawknation2015":2z5a4lm1 said:
WilsonMVP":2z5a4lm1 said:

Of course, Wilson helps Lynch (though not sure how Wilson helps Lynch break 100+ tackles per season?), just like Lynch helps Wilson.

Lynch being great does not take anything away from Wilson, and vice versa.

Agree...Im not sure what we are even arguing about at this point honestly. Both Lynch and AP are great RB. I just think AP is one of the best RBs in league history but I know others wont agree with me. Ive watched every game of APs since I watch every Viking game every week too. In 2012 he basically carried the entire team to the playoffs. Ponder only had like 800 more yards than AP did. They actually won 2 games that year when Ponder threw under 100 yards O_O

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":131zgdbr said:
Agree...Im not sure what we are even arguing about at this point honestly. Both Lynch and AP are great RB. I just think AP is one of the best RBs in league history but I know others wont agree with me. Ive watched every game of APs since I watch every Viking game every week too. In 2012 he basically carried the entire team to the playoffs. Ponder only had like 800 more yards than AP did. They actually won 2 games that year when Ponder threw under 100 yards O_O

Yes, AP is (or was) one of the best in league history . . . and so is Marshawn Lynch.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2i4qb02d said:
WilsonMVP":2i4qb02d said:

Funny you say that, I have stated plenty I am not a Wilson fan. I respect what he has accomplished but he is way behind many players on the current team and from the past as far as fanhood goes.

As for broken tackles though Lynch has never broke over 100 unless he is playing alongside Wilson and if you think defenders not being just a little bit off balance from having to shift away from Wilson after making the wrong decision or not being in the best position to make a tackle because of the delay the RO causes, then maybe the problem is you are to big of a Lynch fan to look at it without bias.

Lynch definitely makes Wilson's running better because defenses often flow to Lynch but when they do Wilson rips off a big run reminding them they cannot focus to much on just Lynch. That's the beauty of to RO and the ability of both Lynch and Wilson. You can bet though if you put in a less mobile QB Lynch's broken tackles go down. The same as if a lessor RB was inserted Wilson's running game would also be reduced.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Also id like to add its not like AP is some slouch at breaking tackles...

Aprun
Apbreak
Petersonrun
Ap stem cell
Tumblr mm2x9xriUw1qzj773o1 500 zps484be6e4

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Peterson has also had the pleasure of playing in a 1 horse division his whole career while playing 6 games a season against some terrible defenses. Lynch I'm sure would love to play against GB twice a year, he eats that defense up.

This argument is honestly quite pointless. Peterson is a great back. But people in this thread act like he's the second coming. He hasn't played a full season since 2012, correct? How about people make him prove he's still as a good as his reputation says he is.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":yn5hcuum said:
Popeyejones":yn5hcuum said:
VINAL VERDICT: Lynch, but it's an Oakland homer pick, because I just love the guy. I wouldn't object to anyone picking Lynch, AP or Bell. McCoy and Murray are the next tier down, IMO.

There, that wasn't so hard.
834424062.gif

:sarcasm_on:

I dunno, he looks a bit lumbering and slow in that video. :D

:sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":24dc2539 said:
hawknation2015":24dc2539 said:
Popeyejones":24dc2539 said:
VINAL VERDICT: Lynch, but it's an Oakland homer pick, because I just love the guy. I wouldn't object to anyone picking Lynch, AP or Bell. McCoy and Murray are the next tier down, IMO.

834424062.gif

Marvin is once again trying to compare a future HoFer to slow Carlos Hyde and his 333 career yards and league-leading hit in the backfield.

Marshawn's 40: 4.46
Hyde's 40: 4.66

Not in the same league. :34853_doh:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lynch is the heart and soul of this offense. I think for the Seahawks it's a special case.. because it's Lynch 100 times out of 100. Any other team its a pretty difficult answer.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":ey7u0a05 said:
Marvin49":ey7u0a05 said:
hawknation2015":ey7u0a05 said:
Popeyejones":ey7u0a05 said:

834424062.gif

Marvin is once again trying to compare a future HoFer to slow Carlos Hyde and his 333 career yards and league-leading hit in the backfield.

Marshawn's 40: 4.46
Hyde's 40: 4.66

Not in the same league. :34853_doh:

1) 4.66 when he pulled his hamstring during the run.
2) I'm not comparing anyone.
3) It was a joke about the previous conversation. Relax.

Funniest part is that in the post that conversation originally took place AND in this post a Niner fan has given props to Lynch and yet still get trolled.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":2aeuchc0 said:

Funniest part is that in the post that conversation originally took place AND in this post a Niner fan has given props to Lynch and yet still get trolled.

Yeah, Marshawn looks really slow here outrunning your entire defense to the end zone. :roll:
834424062.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":13ft8ed0 said:
I love Lynch, Love lynch but I think until proven otherwise the answer has to be AP. He's the best RB on the planet.

AP has certainly proven he can miss a season or long length of time and be as dominating a back as he's ever been, but this year might be different. He's 30 now, so he might not have the same bounce back year he had in his mid 20's.............add in now dealing with all the negative attention and I'd choose Lynch over AP for 2015.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":16z4jom1 said:
Marvin49":16z4jom1 said:

Yeah, Marshawn looks really slow here outrunning your entire defense to the end zone. :roll:
834424062.gif

"Joke". noun.

Look it up.