ESPN Poll: Which RB would you want on your team this season?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":27sinjw4 said:
hawknation2015":27sinjw4 said:
1) 4.66 when he pulled his hamstring during the run.
2) I'm not comparing anyone.
3) It was a joke about the previous conversation. Relax.

Funniest part is that in the post that conversation originally took place AND in this post a Niner fan has given props to Lynch and yet still get trolled.

Yeah, Marshawn looks really slow here outrunning your entire defense to the end zone. :roll:
834424062.gif

"Joke". noun.

Look it up.

I can take a joke just fine. I just prefer they be funny or at least somewhat original.

kearly

Reaction score
Less than 5% of the votes came from Washington state, so this wasn't a case of ballot stuffing. It's really something to see how much Marshawn is loved in the South.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1w3mgo6n said:
Marvin49":1w3mgo6n said:
hawknation2015":1w3mgo6n said:
1) 4.66 when he pulled his hamstring during the run.
2) I'm not comparing anyone.
3) It was a joke about the previous conversation. Relax.

Funniest part is that in the post that conversation originally took place AND in this post a Niner fan has given props to Lynch and yet still get trolled.

Yeah, Marshawn looks really slow here outrunning your entire defense to the end zone. :roll:
834424062.gif

"Joke". noun.

Look it up.

I can take a joke just fine. I just prefer they be funny or at least somewhat original.

I stand by the quote. :D

Just another in a long line of times I say something intended not to be taken seriously, state directly I'm not serious, yet you treat it as if I'm being 100% serious as an example of me being out of touch. OF COURSE I'm not comparing Hyde to Lynch. I think Lynch is one of the best in the game and I've said many, many times I really like the guy and have since his days at Cal.

I don't particularly care if you like the joke or not, but I'd at least expect the courtesy of not acting as if I were serious when I clearly wasn't.

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin49":11ynaprg said:
I dunno, he looks a bit lumbering and slow in that video. :D

Here is what Lynch is capable of at top speed.

[youtube]ezyhEErpyDQ[/youtube]

But it's pretty rare to see Lynch in sprinter's form like that. Usually he's running at around 90% capacity to keep his balance. I wish he would hit the jets more often. Dude can fly.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
keatonisballin":247j8sdk said:
Peterson has also had the pleasure of playing in a 1 horse division his whole career while playing 6 games a season against some terrible defenses. Lynch I'm sure would love to play against GB twice a year, he eats that defense up.

This argument is honestly quite pointless. Peterson is a great back. But people in this thread act like he's the second coming. He hasn't played a full season since 2012, correct? How about people make him prove he's still as a good as his reputation says he is.

He sure didnt have a problem tearing up these vaunted NFC west Defenses in his MVP year :D

@STL 24 carries 212 yards 1TD
@Seattle 17 carries 182 yards 2TD (Ponder was 11/22 for 63 yards :lol:)
Arz 23 carries 153 yards 1TD
SF 25 carries 86 yards

In 4 games 89 carries 633 yards, 7YPC average

For comparrison...in 6 games Lynch had

115 carries, 645 yards 5.61 YPC....

In 14 games against the NFC West in APs career

287 carries 1393 yards 4.85 AVG

And just one more last thing...for those who dont believe having Ponder or any other crap QB has hurt AP or that he wouldnt do better with Wilson or a good QB...in that same MVP year I linked above

Against the NFC West Ponder has 450 yards with a 67 QB rating....AP almost had 200 yards more than his QB..that is just embarassing.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2sxzvynz said:
keatonisballin":2sxzvynz said:
Peterson has also had the pleasure of playing in a 1 horse division his whole career while playing 6 games a season against some terrible defenses. Lynch I'm sure would love to play against GB twice a year, he eats that defense up.

This argument is honestly quite pointless. Peterson is a great back. But people in this thread act like he's the second coming. He hasn't played a full season since 2012, correct? How about people make him prove he's still as a good as his reputation says he is.

He sure didnt have a problem tearing up these vaunted NFC west Defenses in his MVP year :D

That was a LONG time ago.

Let's first see if he can approach his 2013 level of production.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":ldu8laci said:
Marvin49":ldu8laci said:
I dunno, he looks a bit lumbering and slow in that video. :D

Here is what Lynch is capable of at top speed.

[youtube]ezyhEErpyDQ[/youtube]

But it's pretty rare to see Lynch in sprinter's form like that. Usually he's running at around 90% capacity to keep his balance. I wish he would hit the jets more often. Dude can fly.

It was a joke Kearly...long discussion in another thread about Hyde in the past being lumbering and slow and that being the reason he got caught in the backfield on a large % of his carries.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2015":28rviz23 said:
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll/conversation/_/id/4844498
What???? No Carlos Hyde on the list?????

ESPN is just a bunch of Bay Area haters!

:sarcasm_off:

NINEster

Reaction score
Lynch could be seen as much better than he is outside of Seattle if his Buffalo years were somewhat highlight worthy.

Meanwhile guys like AP & Gore were killing it those years, with QB play and support systems that were no better than what Buffalo had.

AP is in a category of his own.

He deserves a bit of a pass. Just like Patrick Willis would get if he unretired and played in the league again.

ptisme

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1id0im57 said:
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll/conversation/_/id/4844498
Lynch, followed by Eddie Lacy who didn't make the list...