ESPN says Don't Jump Yet

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":35xemmif said:
^^^ Absolutely!!! We haven't even reached the quarter point of the season yet. I agree with your attitude and fire. When we hoist another Lombardi, Ill remember this time when those around us were exposed for their true colors, but we continued to believe!

Ok so what is your low point? We miss the playoffs, losing record? What facts turn your opinion south? I see nothing that would ever change your opinion, not that it needs to be but the unrelenting defense of individuals who at the very least deserve some criticism is startling. One could say, at least at some point, "yeah I don't like what the offense is doing here but I still support the fundamentals overall." You never say anything close to that. You defend them like they are your children. This is how political strategists defend regimes.

I am a firm supporter of the Seahawks defense this year but lately it is hard to do so. They have fallen flat these last 3 games. I like, for the most part, what I see overall but giving up big plays and huge yardage at crucial times is hard to defend. DeMarco Murray made us look like clowns on his long play.

Ideologies have problems with facts.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Palmegranite":3uderoas said:
I recall a playoff road win against the Vikings. Recently I might add.

Your right. How easily I forget.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":14cdxq10 said:
Siouxhawk":14cdxq10 said:
^^^ Absolutely!!! We haven't even reached the quarter point of the season yet. I agree with your attitude and fire. When we hoist another Lombardi, Ill remember this time when those around us were exposed for their true colors, but we continued to believe!

Ok so what is your low point? We miss the playoffs, losing record? What facts turn your opinion south? I see nothing that would ever change your opinion, not that it needs to be but the unrelenting defense of individuals who at the very least deserve some criticism is startling. One could say, at least at some point, "yeah I don't like what the offense is doing here but I still support the fundamentals overall." You never say anything close to that. You defend them like they are your children. This is how political strategists defend regimes.

I am a firm supporter of the Seahawks defense this year but lately it is hard to do so. They have fallen flat these last 3 games. I like, for the most part, what I see overall but giving up big plays and huge yardage at crucial times is hard to defend. DeMarco Murray made us look like clowns on his long play.

"Low Point" = Bottom Line, and bottom line is, we're still a long way from being eliminated from making it into the playoffs, so why borrow from someone's bummed out perspective?, why run with the negativity crowd?
Also, all one has to do is go back a few seasons, and recall how our Defense got burned with long runs by players like Adrian Peterson and quite a few others, YET, we still pulled off a winning season, and in fact, won a Super Bowl, so Demarco Murrays long run hasn't defined our whole season.....Not by a long shot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15nq7u3k said:
All a matter of opinion, and yes they can win on the road. Past games have zero to do with future games.
Just be the better team THAT DAY.
You're right. An 0-15 team is SURE to have a 50% chance to win in week 17 because past games mean nothing.

:roll:

idahohawk

Reaction score
This offense is a shit show.

The DL is 30th in the NFL on QB pressures.

Yeah, this is fine. Hopefully we can back into a Wildcard or Divisional Playoff game and promptly exit. Great point.

SoulfishHawk":1x9aou5u said:
It's the same crap every year. Start slow, people act like the world has come to an end. Then the team gets rolling in the 2nd half of the season and is back in the playoffs, yet again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":2d4ajg7w said:

Yeah, this is fine. Hopefully we can back into a Wildcard or Divisional Playoff game and promptly exit. Great point.

SoulfishHawk":2d4ajg7w said:
It's the same crap every year. Start slow, people act like the world has come to an end. Then the team gets rolling in the 2nd half of the season and is back in the playoffs, yet again.
Oh ye of little faith, We only be three game in, and you're slamming on the panic button? :34853_doh:

idahohawk

Reaction score
Go watch some of the game film of this OL. Russ will be dead by the bye at this rate. It is a joke.

scutterhawk":ntceuhnn said:
idahohawk":ntceuhnn said:

SoulfishHawk":ntceuhnn said:
Oh ye of little faith, We only be three game in, and you're slamming on the panic button? :34853_doh:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
scutterhawk":39f298s7 said:
seahawkfreak":39f298s7 said:
Siouxhawk":39f298s7 said:

"Low Point" = Bottom Line, and bottom line is, we're still a long way from being eliminated from making it into the playoffs, so why borrow from someone's bummed out perspective?, why run with the negativity crowd?
Also, all one has to do is go back a few seasons, and recall how our Defense got burned with long runs by players like Adrian Peterson and quite a few others, YET, we still pulled off a winning season, and in fact, won a Super Bowl, so Demarco Murrays long run hasn't defined our whole season.....Not by a long shot.

You are right. Not worried about our defense, not yet anyways. Worried about consistent, reoccurring problems with the offense.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
My feeling is why did you even book the trip if you are afraid of a little turbulence? Did you fully expect going in that we'd put up 40 a game and hold opponents to 3? That's the sense I get from some of you around here. But that's not the way an NFL season plays out. Like scutter said, even in our championship year, we had growing pains and big oops happen on both offense and defense. But we pulled it together and prevailed.

The fact that you're fretting about a first-world dilemma such as securing HRA in Week 3 tells us everything we need to know about the state of the franchise. How many fan bases get to have those quasi-worries? Just a handful.

rjas77

Reaction score
hawk45":3g4lkli7 said:
SoulfishHawk":3g4lkli7 said:
I

It's true that there is overreaction to recent losses but tell me, do you think this team can win in the playoffs on the road?

Not a chance

rjas77

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":226b0k80 said:
Palmegranite":226b0k80 said:
I recall a playoff road win against the Vikings. Recently I might add.

Your right. How easily I forget.

and the Kicker who won the game for us is our new Kicker ;)